Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MCWW automatic diver

Offline pauluspaolo

MCWW automatic diver
on: September 11, 2017, 04:03:44 PM
Hi all,
one of my other hobbies is collecting watches - any make or model (though divers appeal to me the most) so I thought this one may appeal to some on here:

It's a rare watch made by Motor City Watch Works (MCWW). Very few of these were made - Jay thinks only 5 - & they were all powered by a Seagull 2130 which is a Chinese version of the ETA2824. Jay, the owner of MCWW, makes custom watches (& parts for custom watches). Some years ago he was offered the cases & he made the watches using the Seagull movements (which he already had in stock) along with his own dial & hands. There doesn't seem to be much info out there on the web/forums, that I can find anyway, so after I'd won the watch off eBay UK - about 4 years ago now I think - I contacted Jay & asked him about it. He provided the above info & he tells me that he made some with a black bezel (where mine is blue) & with a yellow minute hand (where mine is red). I've only ever seen one of these for sale (now sold) & this is the only info I've been able to find on the web about the watch.

The watch is excellently made & has a solid link integrated bracelet, the lug width is 14mm, which is fastened with a hidden butterfly clasp, it also has a screw down crown (it's rated to 200m) & a display back. I've cut a leather strap to fit the watch, in case I ever want to go for an alternate look, & I'm now thinking about doing the same with a rubber strap. I have to say though that I'm not very happy with the look of the leather strap so I'm not sure it's worth going to the effort with the rubber strap .... the watch definitely looks best on the bracelet.

Hope you like the watch as much as I do   :)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:06:59 PM by pauluspaolo »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: MCWW automatic diver
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:52 PM
It looks like its built like a tank.  Good looking watch.  Clean simple dial and bezel which I like.  Congrats. 
Esse Quam Videri

Offline pauluspaolo

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 04:14:51 PM
Many thanks - it's not as big as it looks though it is a very solid watch - dimensions are:
43mm (inc crown) x 11mm thick x 51mm lug to lug.

The watch is stainless steel & completely beadblasted which gives an all over satin finish. The bezel is unidirectional, 120 click, has zero play & lines up exactly. If there's a downside it's that the bracelet has no facilty (adjustment holes, half links etc) to allow for fine adjustment. Having said that I like to wear my watches on the loose side - especially those on bracelets - so I find the watch comfortable to wear.

:) 

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:31:43 PM
Looks beautiful Paul  :cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!