Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wanted: a few brave souls.

Nix · 112 · 3933

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Wanted: a few brave souls.
Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 04:31:14 AM
"Be gone for well over a week"

Well, as far as I'm concerned, you can post retroactive photos of your participation from 1-7 Oct 2017, when you get back. I've just figured out how to use Taptalk to post photos, and I'm counting on being able to do that during this challenge--'cuz I'll be gone as well. If Zoidberg has a different perspective, I'll rely and expect him to voice his official dissension, but I don't see that happening here.

Now, I suppose you could be in some country that doesn't allow one to carry an Executive, say California or some other dreadful place. In that case, I think you'd have to at least take covert photos of your fearsome Executive in your hotel or temporary lodgings...and post them retroactively, once you'd gotten your passport back. If you get arrested for carrying an Executive, concealed or otherwise, we'd grant you a pardon for those days spent in custody (with appropriate documentation certifying said period of detainment, naturally.).

Nah, you CAN do this. And should.

:SAKnight:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:32:33 AM by Nix »

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 08:57:30 AM
I have a son that just happens to have one that I might be able to talk into lending to me......
Barry

br Offline BleaKrytE

• Hello world. I'm Vinícius!
Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 11:58:27 AM
I did this very thing a couple years ago on a trip to California. I was concerned about recent knife law changes, and survived almost two weeks and 3,000 road trip miles.

Would I do it again? Could be...B-)

Mine is old enough to have a screw in the scissors, and no guide slot for the spring. The spring flips out from under the handle and drives me crazy. If I can put up with that, then I'm in. It would make room for a larger flashlight on my dangler too. Hmm... I wonder what new light I can get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Mine is just like that!
Thinking about it, I might start the challenge tomorrow. Just expect a lot of desk pictures

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Uni student, environmental activist (yes, I'm that annoying guy that mentions climate change every third minute), motorcyclist.

us Offline Flint Hills

Reply #33 on: September 15, 2017, 12:01:35 AM
I'll probably get in on this. I carried nothing but an Executive for many years before getting into knives and buying way too many. If I did it for years, should be able to handle 30 days shouldn't I? Mine has cut up many-a-hot dog, cut hairs and tags, and that orange peeler has pryed apart more defiant Legos than you could count.

Could I carry an Executive and/or a Director? My old Executive had a lot of use is almost retirement age.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #34 on: September 15, 2017, 12:40:41 AM
Could I carry an Executive and/or a Director? My old Executive had a lot of use is almost retirement age.

Glad you'll be joining us!

I'd pick either the Director or the Executive and stick with that. I've ordered a back-up Executive, just in case my current (Red) knife doesn't go the full distance (I can be hard on knives.). Maybe your ageing Executive should go out in a blaze of glory?

:cheers:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #35 on: September 15, 2017, 02:33:38 AM
I'm in Nix!  My son is tied up with the Swiss Spirit challenge so he's lending me he his.
Barry

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #36 on: September 15, 2017, 02:53:10 AM
I strongly considered getting an Executive and joining you in this challenge. The more I thought about it, the more I began to look at how the SAK has fit into my own life. I've realized that I'm traditional--or maybe "conservative" is more appropriate. From my first SAK (Huntsman) to the Pioneer to my latest EDC (Craftsman), I like the traditional tool set. I've used them all in a variety of tasks for years, and I've been very satisfied with them. I don't seem to have enough curiosity or the desire to carry unfamiliar tools. It might seem boring to some, but I guess I'm comfortable with the familiar, predictable tools.

I'll be watching this thread to see what interesting experiences you all (or y'all since I'm in Texas) have with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline italophil

Reply #37 on: September 15, 2017, 03:21:53 AM
I might get in on this if I you guys don't start right away. I will be out this weekend and have not time to look for the Executive first.

This will be a tough challenge for me, since I use the cap lifter a lot, not just for beer but also to pry and scarp. I also don't like to eat Oranges. I guess if it were be easy, it wouldn't be a challenge.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #38 on: September 15, 2017, 05:32:46 AM
I'm in Nix!  My son is tied up with the Swiss Spirit challenge so he's lending me he his.

Great!   :cheers:  :tu:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #39 on: September 15, 2017, 05:38:36 AM
...you all (or y'all since I'm in Texas)

I'm no expert here, but I think El Corkscrew insists upon "Y'awl". Word to the wise.

And....the challenge doesn't begin until 01 Oct 2017....you have time to reconsider. It's just 30 days and you might discover something new and interesting. (I know I'm hoping to do so. )

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: September 15, 2017, 05:42:50 AM
This will be a tough challenge for me, since I use the cap lifter a lot, not just for beer but also to pry and scarp. I also don't like to eat Oranges. I guess if it were be easy, it wouldn't be a challenge.

Yes!

That's why we're calling it the Chuck Yeager Challenge. And clearly you have the requisite test pilot attitude: push the envelope!

Since no one has complained yet. I think we're starting 01 Oct 2017. That gives everyone a chance to get an Executive and get the mental focus necessary for 30 brutal days without that damn useful cap lifter. Easy? This is Swiss Army Knights; 'nuff said.   :D

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #41 on: September 15, 2017, 10:07:05 AM

Yes!

That's why we're calling it the Chuck Yeager Challenge. And clearly you have the requisite test pilot attitude: push the envelope!

Since no one has complained yet. I think we're starting 01 Oct 2017. That gives everyone a chance to get an Executive and get the mental focus necessary for 30 brutal days without that damn useful cap lifter. Easy? This is Swiss Army Knights; 'nuff said.   :D
Would you be allowed to carry a mini prybar tool in addition to the Executive?
That could be the solution to italophills' dilemma.  :think:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: September 15, 2017, 10:41:30 AM
I already have the SAK Minimalist badge, so I will just watch. That and due to my SAKMC commitment, I have no need to buy an Executive. LOL

It will be fun watching you folks next month!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #43 on: September 15, 2017, 11:23:54 AM
I already started downsizing. I'm only carrying my Compact today, no other folder.

8) 8)  :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

br Offline BleaKrytE

• Hello world. I'm Vinícius!
Reply #44 on: September 15, 2017, 11:54:23 AM
I'm kinda committed to the SAKMC, but I'll take part anyway. Let's see how I do with the Executive.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Uni student, environmental activist (yes, I'm that annoying guy that mentions climate change every third minute), motorcyclist.

it Offline Mini

Reply #45 on: September 16, 2017, 12:46:55 PM
I Like the  Executive and often is my EDC, in combo with a 84 or 91mm sak. But I think I can try to carry only this one, so count me!

I prefer coloured sak, expecially when I'm with other people, because in this way sak can appear both useful and nice to look.
So I wanted to give a new dress to my red Executive, but it's hard to find coloured scales, they come only with red and black colors actually.
I decided to swap scales with an ambassador limited edition that I've founded in a shop near my home. Maybe collectors don't appreciate what I did, but this is my way to collect ☺️.

IMG_20170916_122703.jpg
* IMG_20170916_122703.jpg (Filesize: 142.61 KB)

us Offline getahl

Reply #46 on: September 16, 2017, 12:49:26 PM
I have a black one- I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #47 on: September 16, 2017, 03:39:20 PM
Nice to have you guys sign up for the challenge. We've got a good group of guys committed to giving it a shot, this should be fun!  :salute:

us Offline getahl

Reply #48 on: September 16, 2017, 07:04:53 PM
Posted this a short moment ago in the I don't get the Exec thread, where I am also on record stating i prefer the Classic. Still true, but this pic will be my entrant.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #49 on: September 17, 2017, 06:39:40 PM

I'm no expert here, but I think El Corkscrew insists upon "Y'awl". Word to the wise.
Ah ha! I can dig that.
Get it? I can...DIG...that? I'm so clever.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #50 on: September 18, 2017, 09:56:11 PM
:popcorn:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Zhenchok

Reply #51 on: September 18, 2017, 10:10:50 PM
I'll do my best to participate, I already started carrying mine  as of last week :)

“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #52 on: September 18, 2017, 10:28:28 PM

Ah ha! I can dig that.
Get it? I can...DIG...that? I'm so clever.

(Image removed from quote.)

Yawl are doin' real good!  :tu:
WP_20170918_13_26_37_Pro (2).jpg
* WP_20170918_13_26_37_Pro (2).jpg (Filesize: 199.75 KB)
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline KandiKlover

• Classic SD - SwissChamp
Reply #53 on: September 19, 2017, 06:34:58 AM
I'll do my best to participate, I already started carrying mine  as of last week :)

(Image removed from quote.)

Ah nice, so it does peel oranges nicely.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #54 on: September 26, 2017, 03:39:07 PM
So far, I've got the following Knights signed up for the Chuck Yeager (Executive) challenge:

pfrsantos
BleaKrytE
Mizedog
cbl51
Barry
Zhenchok
cody6268
fivesense
Flint Hills
italophil
Mini
getahl
Nix

Anybody else feel like jumping in with this group of intrepid souls?

I'm still planning on an 01 October start date, that's this coming Sunday. If you haven't gotten your Executive yet, order, beg, or steal one! This still seems like a daunting challenge to me, but, as they say, "nothing ventured, nothing gained."

I'll start a new thread on 30 Sep (USA date-time), so folks who are ahead of the dateline can kick this off for us.  :salute:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #55 on: September 26, 2017, 03:44:53 PM
So far, I've got the following Knights signed up for the Chuck Yeager (Executive) challenge:

pfrsantos
BleaKrytE
Mizedog
cbl51
Barry
Zhenchok
cody6268
fivesense
Flint Hills
italophil
Mini
getahl
Nix

Anybody else feel like jumping in with this group of intrepid souls?

I'm still planning on an 01 October start date, that's this coming Sunday. If you haven't gotten your Executive yet, order, beg, or steal one! This still seems like a daunting challenge to me, but, as they say, "nothing ventured, nothing gained."

I'll start a new thread on 30 Sep (USA date-time), so folks who are ahead of the dateline can kick this off for us.  :salute:

Whoa! I never said I'd do it. Ok, I'm carrying a Compact right now and it's more than enough. I might try to take out an Executive instead...

:think: :think:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #56 on: September 26, 2017, 05:16:16 PM

Whoa! I never said I'd do it. Ok, I'm carrying a Compact right now and it's more than enough. I might try to take out an Executive instead...

:think: :think:

I know you didn't fully commit at first, but reading between the lines, I knew you'd be with us at the start.   :cheers:  :SAKnight:

I'm getting a bit eager to start the challenge and considered switching to my Executive today....but since it's Tinker Tuesday....

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #57 on: September 26, 2017, 08:49:25 PM
These one knife challenges are dangerous guys, they´re only one step away from rehab.  >:(  :D

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 09:34:08 PM

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 09:44:02 PM
I'm in

I just ordered an exec off amazon - should be here thursday :tu:
SAW