Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tell Grant what we want. MTO 2016 Pioneer X tool of the year.

Poll

What would you most want in a Pioneer X?  Please chosse one from each of the 4 design features, and 1 to show how serious you are about purchasing one.  this will help decide if a run is viable or not.

I will purchase one no matter the final design.  I love the X and MTO
12 (8.1%)
I will likely purchase one no matter the design. The X is cool.
14 (9.4%)
I will NOT purchase one if it's NOT my design.  X my way or the highway...
2 (1.3%)
Red scales
18 (12.1%)
Black Scales
9 (6%)
Blue scales
6 (4%)
Green Scales
3 (2%)
Silver scales
1 (0.7%)
No blade engraving
12 (8.1%)
MTO logo on blade
9 (6%)
MTO 2016 on blade
3 (2%)
2016 on blade
2 (1.3%)
No scale plate engraving
4 (2.7%)
2016 on scale plate
6 (4%)
MTO on scale plate
10 (6.7%)
MTO 2016 on scale plate
11 (7.4%)
Keyring loop
14 (9.4%)
No keyring loop
13 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: September 26, 2017, 01:50:01 AM

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Back in June Grant anounced the prospect of a 2016 Pioneer X MTO special eddition. :drool: :drool: :drool:
Many suggestions were made, some serious some not so much.  Due to a lack of clear consensus the project got dropped.  So let's get this thing going with a simple poll. :pok: :pok:  Features with the most votes will determine the final product.  :tu:  So if you want it vote for it.  :like:
If it's not in the poll and it's a serious suggestion please post it and we will ask The Mods if it can be added.   :think:
I set the poll to run for 10 days hopefully we will have a clear design by the end.
Happy voting. :cheers:

DON'T FORGET WITHOUT ENOUGH SERIOUS VOTES COMMITTED TO A PURCHASE THERE IS NO SENSE IN PRODUCING A RUN OF THE RESULTING DESIGN, NO MATTER HOW COOL.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:02:38 AM by Douglas »
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Re: Tell Grant what we want. MTO 2016 Pioneer X tool of the year.
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 02:01:19 AM
Awesome to see this in the works! One thing that isn't a pole item that I would love to see is a red logo on whatever color scales are chosen. It's that a possibility?

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 02:07:22 AM
I voted. Let's do this!  :ahhh

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 02:11:22 AM
Awesome to see this in the works! One thing that isn't a pole item that I would love to see is a red logo on whatever color scales are chosen. It's that a possibility?

Thanks GD.
Are you sugesting a red MTO logo in the Scales, if so it would not be visable on red scales so what color then?
We amy need to do a second poll if there are several missed choices.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 02:12:58 AM
Unfortunately, I won't be taking part in this for a number of reasons, I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts. One good thing about this being a poll, is that numbers are visible. Grant has done a few special runs in the past, and had some of them sat there for a long time after he's gone to all the trouble of arranging it and outlaid funds for them all. Also, the more you deviate from a standard Pioneer X, the more would need to be produced for Vic to entertain it, making it less viable as an MTO project.

A "standard" Pioneer X with engraving would likely be the most viable, certainly in terms of lower initial outlay, but also Grant may be able to get them engraved in smaller quantities as the orders come in. Lets be mindful and wise enough not to hurt the forum by trying to support it  :salute: :cheers:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 02:19:48 AM
Unfortunately, I won't be taking part in this for a number of reasons, I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts. One good thing about this being a poll, is that numbers are visible. Grant has done a few special runs in the past, and had some of them sat there for a long time after he's gone to all the trouble of arranging it and outlaid funds for them all. Also, the more you deviate from a standard Pioneer X, the more would need to be produced for Vic to entertain it, making it less viable as an MTO project.

A "standard" Pioneer X with engraving would likely be the most viable, certainly in terms of lower initial outlay, but also Grant may be able to get them engraved in smaller quantities as the orders come in. Lets be mindful and wise enough not to hurt the forum by trying to support it  :salute: :cheers:

Good points. Thanks for the voice of experiance...
Take heed when casting your vote folks. 
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 02:20:41 AM

Thanks GD.
Are you sugesting a red MTO logo in the Scales, if so it would not be visable on red scales so what color then?
I mean the victorinox cross and shield in red against any whichever color of scale is chosen (I voted green).

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 02:30:19 AM
I chose red scales, MTO logo etched on the blade, 2010 on the engraving plate, and no lanyard ring (typically something I don't want to do without, but that nub can be irritating sometimes).   And, do they still do OC? I know a few special runs in recent years has had them.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 02:41:23 AM
Question. Ultimately option one and two are virtually the same thing, right? And, it's 2017, is it now weird trying to get something now with a 2016 on it?

Anyway, I'd be in for one, pretty much anyway it went. If this is still a thing, that is...  :tu:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 02:55:41 AM
Question. Ultimately option one and two are virtually the same thing, right? And, it's 2017, is it now weird trying to get something now with a 2016 on it?

Anyway, I'd be in for one, pretty much anyway it went. If this is still a thing, that is...  :tu:

I don't think a multi tool of the year has been determined for 2017 yet.  I certainly have not seen a vote for one up untill now.  That may just mean I'm blind.  The reason for the first three questions is to detemine if there is even enough SERIOUS interest to make a run worth producing.  Realy don't wont Grant / MTO to get stuck with inventory he can't move.  So the differance between 1 and 2 is those who choose one ARE MAKING A COMMITMENT no matter the outcome and those who choose two can only be counted on for about 25 to 30% actual orders (realisticaly).
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 03:20:05 AM
I'm in. Regardless.

I voted for Red scales...tough to argue with classic Red...but whatever the group decides, I'm in.  :tu:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 03:22:18 AM
I'm in. Regardless.

I voted for Red scales...tough to argue with classic Red...but whatever the group decides, I'm in.  :tu:

Me too NIX, :cheers:
I just hope a lot of others feel that way too. :ahhh
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 03:31:26 AM

Thanks GD.
I mean the victorinox cross and shield in red against any whichever color of scale is chosen (I voted green).

GD, I think the red shield with cross is pretty standard Vic so pretty safe on that one.
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 03:45:21 AM
How about an Old Cross MTO in red scales?
- Steve

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 05:19:18 AM
I voted whatever PX and prefer MTO 2016 either on blade or handle  :tu:

I just wish price won't be too high  :-[

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 06:27:27 PM
Black with red shield, Bail and no logo on the blade     :tu: :tu:

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 01:42:45 AM
I only have one requirement: it must have the keyring attachment.

Please count me in if there is any chance of this happening. :salute:
SAW

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 02:58:53 AM
I only have one requirement: it must have the keyring attachment.

Please count me in if there is any chance of this happening. :salute:

:like:

The more who committ the better off we are for maing this happen and the cheaper a run would be.  Just basic economics.
Get the word out and the excitement up.  I would love to see this happen and happen BIG for MTO... :tu: :tu:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 04:47:36 AM
Get the word out and the excitement up.  I would love to see this happen and happen BIG for MTO... :tu: :tu:

Me too!

But I'm a bit concerned that only 15 people have indicated a strong interest for one of these at this point.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 10:31:50 AM

Me too!

But I'm a bit concerned that only 15 people have indicated a strong interest for one of these at this point. (Image removed from quote.)

Yup. 8 probablies (expect orders from maybe 1/3) and 8 definitelies (expect orders from 2/3) puts you back at 8  :P I'd expect a few more than this, but not enough for a production factory run.  ;) There might still be some people join in, but if I was running this, the maximum I would commit to would be 25 pieces. Off the shelf version with added engraving is the safest route all round IMHO  :salute: It's Bossman's choice at the end of the day though  :cheers:

If any of you want a "special run" version of something to support the forum, the MTO Store still has a 7th Anniversary Wenger Blackout, and a Million Posts Eat'nTool,  and 10th Anniversary poker chips, and t shirts, and ,..... (you get the message  ;) :D :D :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 12:34:07 PM
Voted.

I will buy one whatever the final design will be  :salute:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 03:14:40 PM
Can't seem to vote on mobile...

But I'd probably buy one if the price is right... and my wallet too!

2 big IFs here on MTO, I know...

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 06:39:47 PM

Me too!

But I'm a bit concerned that only 15 people have indicated a strong interest for one of these at this point. (Image removed from quote.)

Yup. 8 probablies (expect orders from maybe 1/3) and 8 definitelies (expect orders from 2/3) puts you back at 8  :P I'd expect a few more than this, but not enough for a production factory run.  ;) There might still be some people join in, but if I was running this, the maximum I would commit to would be 25 pieces. Off the shelf version with added engraving is the safest route all round IMHO  :salute: It's Bossman's choice at the end of the day though  :cheers:

If any of you want a "special run" version of something to support the forum, the MTO Store still has a 7th Anniversary Wenger Blackout, and a Million Posts Eat'nTool,  and 10th Anniversary poker chips, and t shirts, and ,..... (you get the message  ;) :D :D :tu:

I keep hoping there is a Blackout available when I can get my wife and parrents medical issues to stop taking everthing in my wallett.  Been tryng to get that done sense I first found it about 3 weeks after I joined MTO.  OK I admitt I could have gotten the Blackout with some of what I spent going to Mt. Roushmore on vacation, but man that was some trip.
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 12:26:09 AM
Kind'a sad not to see more response here and it's odd that the total number of votes and total number who have indicated their commitment to the project ( first three questions) don't match up.
So I guess my question is do we realy want this to happen or are we just going to let it die out? 
 Personaly I would love to see it, but respect the greater majority if there just isn't enough interest.
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 05:34:09 AM
I'm with ya, Douglas.  :salute:

Give it a week or so. 'Though my hopes are fading.......

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 06:27:00 AM
I'm with ya, Douglas.  :salute:

Give it a week or so. 'Though my hopes are fading.......

Thanks Nix,
I haven't given up. Interest just sure got slow in a hurry.
Dr.  McCoy

00 Offline jnoxyd

Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 01:29:24 PM
Good idea, nice knife. I believe more guys will buy it when it come.
I'll buy one or two anyway  :salute:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 05:30:05 PM
I voted for red scales since that seem to be a most repeated preference in posting but any of the non-silver options would be good. I don't have anything against silver but I already have one. It also needs to be priced within reason.

This is an appealing idea but if it is not feasible, I understand.

Thanks for creating the poll!

Jim

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 06:19:23 PM
How many committed buyers do we need for this to happen?
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 06:22:39 PM
How many committed buyers do we need for this to happen?

As 50ft said i would expect to need around 25, but that is in MHO a question only Grant can answer directly.
Dr.  McCoy

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44