Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Watch collection. :) Hey Mods, I'm gonna need that TimeLord 3 badge I think.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Thought I'd venture out and share my little watch collection. I like watches new and old. I try and keep it down to 20 of each. There is another box with beaters, but those aren't cool to look at. ;)
Watches New and Old Updated by None, on Flickr
And with a few MTs for kicks.  :)
Watches with MTs by None, on Flickr

I like Swiss, American, and Japanese watches the best, but there are a couple of Chinese watches I fell in love with in the newer watches box.
Working at an antique/flea market store is a blessing and a curse. :ahhh
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:54:53 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Badge upgraded.   :tu:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Is that a Bulova Accutron in there?? :sa:

• Zombie Apprentice
Badge upgraded.   :tu:

Thank you very much, sir!
Is that a Bulova Accutron in there?? :sa:
Indeed there are! Accutrons are fantastic. :)

The right side case has three accutrons. The top bottom middle is a solid 10k day/date sunburst dial with a heavy tank body with aligator band. The one to its' right is an accutron space view. An early one at that. 214 movement. I have changed the basic bulova metal link band for a rare bulova micro mesh chain band.
Bottom of the right case, front row middle, there is a stainless 216L movement accutron with gold/silver dial and ostrich leather band.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
My god!! Accutrons rule!!

My uncle (who got me into watches bought a spaceview at a flea market for €10.
Another one from the same guy for 10 as well.
The repair of the accutron costed €60 but the other watch was in working condition and sold for 240...

Been jealous of it ever since that day :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Nice little collection,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Zombie Apprentice
My god!! Accutrons rule!!

My uncle (who got me into watches bought a spaceview at a flea market for €10.
Another one from the same guy for 10 as well.
The repair of the accutron costed €60 but the other watch was in working condition and sold for 240...

Been jealous of it ever since that day :D
Indeed they do.
I paid gold value about 8 years ago for the 10K accutron.  About $215 then(even the case back is solid gold). The gold value is around $500-$575 now. But, I'd never sell it. Runs like a champ and the dial is absolutely gorgeous. The spaceview was a gift from an old friend who had it shipped off and refurbished. The gold numbered dial in stainless case was something I made out of a gold plated accutron with a good movement/dial(but plating was trashed and case was pot metal) and a stainless accutron with a badly corroded movement/ruined dial. I have a 1980s ultra-rare 221 movement rectangle body accutron, but I am having trouble finding a band that will do it justice and I need to polish it. Then there is a cigar box with a few accutrons that do not function. One day I am going to put something together and have it refurbished.
The left side box(top of case and front lower right) has a newer Bulova Precisionist watch with stainless case and leather band. It is a lot bigger and more modern looking than the original accutrons. Just not as cool. It does not use a tuning-fork movement, but the second hand glides even smoother than the accutron second hand.

Nice little collection,,
JR
Thank you, sir! :salute:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
I also spot a Daytona? and an Amphibian!

Really nice selection. I think we could talk for hours :D :drink:

• Zombie Apprentice
I also spot a Daytona? and an Amphibian!

Really nice selection. I think we could talk for hours :D :drink:
A rolex is something I do not own...yet. The watch that looks like a Daytona is an Invicta Swiss automatic copy. A good looking watch, but not a rolex. :-[
The three most expensive watches in the cases are the Omega Constellation(this one has an officially certified automatic chronometer movement) and the Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, and Movado 800 series chronograph. :)  There is also a 1980s Omega Seamaster in the right side box that is officially certified chronometer. The 1949 Omega Seamaster is quite rare, since the date window is at three instead of 6 o'clock.
That is a Russian Amphibian. Good eye, sir! I have two of them. One in a stainless band and another in my beater box on a nato style strap. They are pretty good watches. There is also a Russian paratrooper watch in the bottom left of the right side box. It is 1980s, while the Amphibians are late 1990s/Early 2000s. Right side box, the bottom drawer has a 1960s Russian "TV style case" on the back row, second from the right.

Indeed, it is fun to shoot the bull about watches, MTs, knives, etc. BUT, what is your favorite watch you own?  :cheers:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Uhm...
From your collection?
The spaceview accutron for sure.

From mine I think that would be my 50's Frey Chronograph with Landeron 48 movement.
Lucked out by buying it from someone who inherited it but considered it "outdated" and only charged me €15 ($18 I think)
My T-touch is rather nice too though...
And the others too...

Uhm...

:shrug:

:D

• Zombie Apprentice
Uhm...
From your collection?
The spaceview accutron for sure.

From mine I think that would be my 50's Frey Chronograph with Landeron 48 movement.
Lucked out by buying it from someone who inherited it but considered it "outdated" and only charged me €15 ($18 I think)
My T-touch is rather nice too though...
And the others too...

Uhm...

:shrug:

:D
I had meant yours! Any 1950s chronograph is awesome. I have only seen a few, but they were out of my price range. The closest I have is the Pepsi bezel Seiko chronograph in my box. But, they are always something to look out for!
Is your Frey a military chronograph?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
No, just a nice small dress watch. But the true beauty lies within...

• Zombie Apprentice
No, just a nice small dress watch. But the true beauty lies within...
Did you happen to take a pic of the movement with the back off? Vintage Chronos are soooo complicated, it is awesome to see the movement!
Kind of like an antique pocket watch. Not really spectacular on the outside, but incredible once the back is opened!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
I haven't but pics are to be found online.
Just a sec, I'll post one here.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
My actual watch on the outside:

• Zombie Apprentice
Thank you for the pics, sir! Looks to be in good shape for its' age! The movement is gorgeous. Gotta love the early chrono movements!  :tu:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
The dial is still fully readable. Even the small markers on the chrono dial.
It's a nice piece for sure.
And at that price? Feels like I stole it.

Also got an Omega 1370 from 1979 (Quartz) which is quite an interesting watch.

• Zombie Apprentice
The dial is still fully readable. Even the small markers on the chrono dial.
It's a nice piece for sure.
And at that price? Feels like I stole it.

Also got an Omega 1370 from 1979 (Quartz) which is quite an interesting watch.
Vintage watches in usable condition are getting harder and harder to find at low prices. That is a fantastic time piece for sure. :tu:

Omega..probably in my top three favs. Mechanical or quartz. The Omega constellation in my collection needs a full service. The people I bought it from said it had been left in a drawer for twenty years. It is an automatic certified chronometer, so I will wait until I can afford to have it serviced before I wear it. Omega has some of the classiest watch designs, especially the older ones.  :)

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Very nice collection! :like:
Send In the spartans

• Zombie Apprentice
Very nice collection! :like:
Thank you, sir!
Watches go well with MTs. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%