Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Opinions needed on finding a Swisschamp XL 1754

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,625 Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Opinions needed on finding a Swisschamp XL
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2018, 10:11:20 PM »
He asks for what kind of aloxes you may have, and if you'd add cash to male an equal trade  :cheers:
an excuse also so you make an alox Showoff!  :whistle: :D

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest
No Life Club Posts: 3,009
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2018, 05:42:18 AM »
He asks for what kind of aloxes you may have, and if you'd add cash to male an equal trade  :cheers:
an excuse also so you make an alox Showoff!  :whistle: :D
I am currently working on a possible purchase.  If it doesn't work out, and your friend still has it, I will post some photos of my Alox.  :cheers:
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2018, 02:06:13 PM »
well, since we have a few people interested in this and one potential buyer, I asked for additional pics of the XL from my forum mate,
here they are for your delight   :climber:

I have not handled it yet but it sure looks like a monster SAK  :o

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2018, 03:35:19 PM »
well, since we have a few people interested in this and one potential buyer, I asked for additional pics of the XL from my forum mate,
here they are for your delight   :climber:

(Image removed from quote.)

I have not handled it yet but it sure looks like a monster SAK  :o

:like: :gimme: :like:
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
I am still seeking an XL, but it will have to wait as I bought an XXLT earlier today.

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,574
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2018, 06:34:04 PM »
I am still seeking an XL, but it will have to wait as I bought an XXLT earlier today.

Nice find FB! :cheers:

Great pics! :like: :tu: :tu:
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2018, 07:59:41 PM »
That's an awesome one Lisa  :o :like:

also, FULL DISCLOSURE:
 my mate went through all the implements in the Swisschamp XL and found out that the two specialty blades (straight blade and hawkbill/pruner blade) have weakened springs due to their years half-opened in the store's display,  :rant:

so they don't close with a snap and a little push is required to drive the blades fully into the tool  :ahhh
so he decided to reduce the asking price a bit. All other tools are perfectly fine  :tu:

I just wanted to make this public in case that it is finally sold to someone here  :salute:

My toys:

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 8,283
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2018, 10:21:59 PM »
 :like: Incredible!!!

Barry
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2018, 09:03:18 PM »
just a vid for you of the special blades  :climber:

https://streamable.com/gukzj

My toys:

It's been said that man leads a life of quiet desperation. He was probably looking for his pliers. Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,670 Ditchfinder General
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2018, 07:16:45 AM »
they don't close with a snap and a little push is required to drive the blades fully into the tool  :ahhh

AIUI, that's normal for the pruner/e-blade layer on these SAKs.  It's certainly the case on my XLT.
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 12,546 Hidalgo, Castillo del Hook
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2018, 09:08:51 AM »
they don't close with a snap and a little push is required to drive the blades fully into the tool  :ahhh

AIUI, that's normal for the pruner/e-blade layer on these SAKs.  It's certainly the case on my XLT.
Something to do with them having 3mm pivot holes?  :think:
Or simply that the spring used is not optimally shaped for the tangs of those blades? :think:

Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Small knives can do what big knives do, just slower.

My 30 day pen challenge! Pretty(?) Pictures inside:
Official 30 Day Pen Challenge!
It's been said that man leads a life of quiet desperation. He was probably looking for his pliers. Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,670 Ditchfinder General
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2018, 10:33:20 AM »
Bit of both, probably.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $154.00
PayPal Fees: $9.19
Net Balance: $144.81
Below Goal: $130.19
Site Currency: USD
53% 
November Donations

Community Links