Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Roto multi tool

us Offline King_Gorilla

Roto multi tool
on: September 19, 2017, 11:22:16 PM
I just stumbled across some pictures of this "RoTo Dual Driver Ratchet Multi Tool"

In the pictures, it looks a little cheap in terms of its build and design.  But I LOVE the tools that it offers.  The only website I could find that was selling it said that it was out of stock. 
Since joining the forums here at MTO, I have seen a few people who have insanely extensive collections of esoteric multitools.  So I am wondering:

Does anyone have one of these?  If so, do you like it?  How does it perform?  And finally, Does anyone know where I can get one?

???
rototool4.jpg
* rototool4.jpg (Filesize: 34.31 KB)
rototool5.jpg
* rototool5.jpg (Filesize: 72.94 KB)

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Roto multi tool
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 01:29:09 AM
I've never seen one before, but at the price point they were offered at I wouldn't be expecting high quality.  The only suggestion I have is to keep an eye out for one on the usual s'hand sites, but if it doesn't have "Roto" marked on the handles that will make it harder to track one down.

I have seen the fold-out plier style on a few older MTs, but if it was the 90/180 degree bit driver you are after then a Schrade ST-5 (or its twin the Craftsman 45471) have a bit driver that can work at 90/180 degrees (and has some very robust pliers too).
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 02:57:40 AM
I've seen it on the 7 deadly deals website before. 
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 03:52:58 AM
Chako?  :pok:

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 08:56:21 AM
I've seen it on the 7 deadly deals website before.

yeah, that was the only site I could find that was selling them but they were out.

us Offline Noa Isumi

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 09:15:44 AM
Looks like someone in China was playing mix and match with left over parts and a new frame & ratchet.
The blades and pliers are similar to the 7in1 and the bit carrier looks to be from a FatMax
Now these parts and designs aren't exclusive to Stanley, Shefield or really anyone as they seem to get passed around. I have seen various configurations in probably a dozen brands of the simalar tools. There are some intresting variants out there and this is one of them.
There are slight differences in the all the blades of this but not enough to ignore the family of tool design.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:21:42 AM by Noa Isumi »
I used to be a lot of things, and someday will again.
But for now I'm just a lost jack of trades with neither mastery nor home. ~NoaIsumi

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 07:12:45 PM
Looks like someone in China was playing mix and match with left over parts and a new frame & ratchet.
The blades and pliers are similar to the 7in1 and the bit carrier looks to be from a FatMax
Now these parts and designs aren't exclusive to Stanley, Shefield or really anyone as they seem to get passed around. I have seen various configurations in probably a dozen brands of the simalar tools. There are some intresting variants out there and this is one of them.
There are slight differences in the all the blades of this but not enough to ignore the family of tool design.

Agreed.    very similar.   :cheers:

I have always been interested in this style of pliers.  it seems like a genius way to get fairly decent and hefty pliers into a small non-plier based tool.  (I always think about the Victorinox Rangergrip and a few of the better versions of those terrible hammer multi tools)  When I saw this one, I thought that this was a perfect opportunity to get a tool with pliers like that, AND I thought that the 1/4 inch ratcheting drive/ ratcheting socket driver combo is such a good idea.    Then I found out that it is not being sold anywhere  :(

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%