Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Discontinued EDC

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: Discontinued EDC
Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 01:07:03 AM
Wenger S557 was my favorite EDC, lost to two police officers this past August   :cry:
That's a crying shame. I'm sorry that happened. Unless your pulling a MacGyver move and using it to make a bomb, a SAK is pretty harmless to the public.

On the other side, your story has stoked my fires of patriotism a little more. I love living in the land of liberty!
(Image removed from quote.)

...just sayin'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You get your super smurfin' TSA, which we don't have.

Just saying.  ;) :cheers:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 04:59:11 AM
Add the Vic Woodsman to my list
IMG_20170816_075531_hdr.jpg
* IMG_20170816_075531_hdr.jpg (Filesize: 99.08 KB)
Barry

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 07:11:33 AM
I've been carrying this Wenger Backpacker II since I got it over a week ago. This knife had a pretty hard life before I received it and for the first time I felt like I got a bit snookered on an Ebay deal. But it was cheap enough that I didn't raise a stink and given its condition, I'm not afraid to use it  :D

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 08:56:28 AM
Wenger S557 was my favorite EDC, lost to two police officers this past August   :cry:
That's a crying shame. I'm sorry that happened. Unless your pulling a MacGyver move and using it to make a bomb, a SAK is pretty harmless to the public.

On the other side, your story has stoked my fires of patriotism a little more. I love living in the land of liberty!

...just sayin'

as for the story, it's quite simple. You folks may have noticed that I haven't posted much since Aug 29th up to last week.
I had an unprevented stay in hospital, you know, illness and health don't usually give previous notice.
I was rushed to hospital and my clothes, BOB bag and personal items taken from me upon my arrival to the ward.
My normal things (phone, ID, keychain, kleenex, etc.) were put in an envelope and sealed, but my other things raised some eyebrows and were "inspected" by the security personnel at the hospital, who contacted the LEOs in town to "check out" what I had with me.

The two police officers, who I got to meet, wouldn't tell me their names (they had ID numbers on their chest, but I had no pen, paper or anything to write them down) and tried to convince me that some of the items were illegal (mainly the Cold Steel Hold Out II and Spyderco Pacific Salt that I had on my pèrson, and the Recon 1 and Tasman Salt on my bag) but I explained them the Jurisdiction, the Law and legal aspects referring to bladed tools and instruments.
That saved me trouble and no suing action was taken, no charges at all, but with the condition that those dubious tools would be "confiscated and destroyed".
Yeah, destroyed my ass.    :rant:
I never got to see any of my tools back (those on me and on my BOB bag), and I avoided all charges at the cost of them. They were all legal to own, buy and possess, the only questionable thing was the act of carrying them, which I replied was unintentional as I had no intention at all of going to the hospital that day, insisting that I had been brought there.   :ahhh

For you curious folks, I lost to the police officers the next items (I only retrieved my lights and general stuff when I got out):

Victorinox Spirit, Victorinox Minichamp, S557, Cold Steel Hold Out, Cold Steel Recon 1, Spyderco Pacific Salt, Spyderco Tasman Salt, SOG Powerlock, Wenger Pocket Tool Chest, and the OUTU Pliers-Scissor tool on my bag). Yeah,  :twak:

I've taken legal action and sued the two officers as well as the security personnel from the hospital, as I know and can prove the legality of those items, list them and justify the act of carrying them when I entered the hospital because I was unintenionally rushed there, having no plans at all of going there in the first place.
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 09:20:54 AM
But how about yourself? You OK?

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 11:12:27 AM
But how about yourself? You OK?

Yeah mate - How are you? ...... Apart from hopping mad of course!!  :rant:

The unexpected visit sounded a bit serious  :(

And thanks for taking the time to tell us the story :tu:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 12:13:57 PM
I hope that you are ok, health wise.  :salute:
As for the confiscated stuff..   :rant:
I hope that they get.... consequences..... :whistle:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 01:28:29 PM
I hate it when LEOs use their power just to screw you over.
They did it to me before (not SAK/multi related though).
I tried everything I legaly could apart from going to court and got NOTHING!!

The fools don't realise that I've got an ace up my sleeve that will get played one day. When they actualy need ME, I'll delibiratly stall for a few hours. (Yes, they need me in that office without them knowing)

One day...

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 02:34:45 PM
That's terrible Peacent.  It's not like you were packing a full sized Kukri (although I fail to see why even that would be an issue).  I long for the day when common sense rules again.  I hope you can get your gear back. With any luck it will be in their evidence room. 
Barry

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 04:56:25 PM
Thanks for worrying guys, now I'm not 100%, not even pretty recovered, but way better than when I got there for sure.
My last pic of the S557 was this one, had I known it was the last one I would've taken my time to make it photogenic...   :P

I am sure to continue the claim process for my stolen things, because that's exactly what happened to them, and I am confident in my knowledge of the Spanish law and my law-abiding behavior and possessions to back me up in that attempt.
I am sure I won't get my things back, but they ain't getting me off so easily. That was pure abuse and this time I'm going to the end of things    :twak:
now my discontinued SAK of choice will most likely be my so-loved and abused Wenger Champ  :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: September 23, 2017, 08:08:09 PM
Thanks for worrying guys, now I'm not 100%, not even pretty recovered, but way better than when I got there for sure.
My last pic of the S557 was this one, had I known it was the last one I would've taken my time to make it photogenic...   :P

I am sure to continue the claim process for my stolen things, because that's exactly what happened to them, and I am confident in my knowledge of the Spanish law and my law-abiding behavior and possessions to back me up in that attempt.
I am sure I won't get my things back, but they ain't getting me off so easily. That was pure abuse and this time I'm going to the end of things    :twak:
now my discontinued SAK of choice will most likely be my so-loved and abused Wenger Champ  :salute:

:tu:

First, hope you continue your recovery and get all the way back to feeling healthy!   :think:

Secondly, best of luck on your legal journey here and are able to recover your EDC!   :cheers:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #41 on: September 23, 2017, 08:13:58 PM

...just sayin'

as for the story, it's quite simple. You folks may have noticed that I haven't posted much since Aug 29th up to last week.
I had an unprevented stay in hospital, you know, illness and health don't usually give previous notice.
I was rushed to hospital and my clothes, BOB bag and personal items taken from me upon my arrival to the ward.
My normal things (phone, ID, keychain, kleenex, etc.) were put in an envelope and sealed, but my other things raised some eyebrows and were "inspected" by the security personnel at the hospital, who contacted the LEOs in town to "check out" what I had with me.

The two police officers, who I got to meet, wouldn't tell me their names (they had ID numbers on their chest, but I had no pen, paper or anything to write them down) and tried to convince me that some of the items were illegal (mainly the Cold Steel Hold Out II and Spyderco Pacific Salt that I had on my pèrson, and the Recon 1 and Tasman Salt on my bag) but I explained them the Jurisdiction, the Law and legal aspects referring to bladed tools and instruments.
That saved me trouble and no suing action was taken, no charges at all, but with the condition that those dubious tools would be "confiscated and destroyed".
Yeah, destroyed my ass.    :rant:
I never got to see any of my tools back (those on me and on my BOB bag), and I avoided all charges at the cost of them. They were all legal to own, buy and possess, the only questionable thing was the act of carrying them, which I replied was unintentional as I had no intention at all of going to the hospital that day, insisting that I had been brought there.   :ahhh

For you curious folks, I lost to the police officers the next items (I only retrieved my lights and general stuff when I got out):

Victorinox Spirit, Victorinox Minichamp, S557, Cold Steel Hold Out, Cold Steel Recon 1, Spyderco Pacific Salt, Spyderco Tasman Salt, SOG Powerlock, Wenger Pocket Tool Chest, and the OUTU Pliers-Scissor tool on my bag). Yeah,  :twak:

I've taken legal action and sued the two officers as well as the security personnel from the hospital, as I know and can prove the legality of those items, list them and justify the act of carrying them when I entered the hospital because I was unintenionally rushed there, having no plans at all of going there in the first place.
Good lord! You got robbed! Plain and simple. You got robbed by crooks with badges. I'm sorry that happened to you.
I hope your health and improved and that you are well.

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 12:42:35 AM

:tu:

First, hope you continue your recovery and get all the way back to feeling healthy!   :think:

Secondly, best of luck on your legal journey here and are able to recover your EDC!   :cheers:

+100 on this ThePeacent!

I'm glad you're back with better health that when you came into the hospital  :cheers:

ca Offline DogNose

Reply #43 on: September 24, 2017, 09:42:43 AM
Yes, great thread idea!
Some are just too nice to put away.

These are regular companions of mine: Soldier, S.I., or Traveler for EDC, and my sidelocks for camping.
DiscoEDC.jpg
* DiscoEDC.jpg (Filesize: 193.61 KB)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:43:49 AM by DogNose »
"Everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the face."
Mike Tyson

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: September 24, 2017, 11:50:06 AM
Sincere thanks to you all folks, being able to join you again has helped me a lot both morally and physically, as I'm starting to re-take my life again and you give much support and encouragement. I love this community!   :cheers:

I'm carrying older, discontinued folding knives from Cold Steel this week (Recon 1 XL being the most recently discontinued) because even though I learned how easy is to lose your toys all of a sudden, I believe in the joy that brings us carrying old, but awesome, tools, knives and gear. We  :like: time proven designs for sure

My toys:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #45 on: September 24, 2017, 01:07:10 PM
Good that you're back on the mend Peacent. Good luck getting your stuff back  :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #46 on: September 24, 2017, 01:22:24 PM
Here's the discontinued knives that I carry (some more often than others). I have left out modified versions, as I think it would be unfair to include those.

Top three are a part serrated Wenger Traveler, a Soft Touch 14, and a Swissbuck Sidekick. Below it is a brushed stainless Traveller, a Metal 50, and Evowood 14. All these six are variations on the Traveller. I do have a couple more, but they haven't been carried so don't get a place on this pic.
To the left is a brushed stainless Pocket Tool Chest, and the newer version which is an Evo 88.
At the bottom is a Salesman (red) and Climber small (yellow)
Down the right hand side is an Original Outdoorsman with serrated main blade and pruner blade

I'm probably going to offload most of the Travelers, and just keep three (or four  :whistle:), and the Evo 88 will be going on the slab at some point to give up some of it's components for a mod. The rest are here to stay, and will keep getting carried and used.  :cheers:

EDIT: Aw crap  :facepalm: I just realised that I should have had the Voyager Lite in that pic too  :oops:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 01:55:16 PM by 50ft-trad »

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline twiliter

• motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #47 on: September 24, 2017, 02:28:49 PM
Here's the discontinued knives that I carry (some more often than others). I have left out modified versions, as I think it would be unfair to include those.

Top three are a part serrated Wenger Traveler, a Soft Touch 14, and a Swissbuck Sidekick. Below it is a brushed stainless Traveller, a Metal 50, and Evowood 14. All these six are variations on the Traveller. I do have a couple more, but they haven't been carried so don't get a place on this pic.
To the left is a brushed stainless Pocket Tool Chest, and the newer version which is an Evo 88.
At the bottom is a Salesman (red) and Climber small (yellow)
Down the right hand side is an Original Outdoorsman with serrated main blade and pruner blade

I'm probably going to offload most of the Travelers, and just keep three (or four  :whistle:), and the Evo 88 will be going on the slab at some point to give up some of it's components for a mod. The rest are here to stay, and will keep getting carried and used.  :cheers:

EDIT: Aw crap  :facepalm: I just realised that I should have had the Voyager Lite in that pic too  :oops:

Some nice ones Fiddy!  :like:

us Offline twiliter

• motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #48 on: September 24, 2017, 02:29:59 PM
A couple of discontinued models in my current rotation. Deluxe Climber and Woodsman.  :)
IMG_0999.JPG
* IMG_0999.JPG (Filesize: 261.18 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44