Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Getting a Victorinox Signature

us Offline this_is_nascar

Getting a Victorinox Signature
on: September 21, 2017, 05:34:04 PM
Love my Classic, but wanted to add a pen.  I purchased a Manager, but don't really care for it's thickness.

I found out they make a Signature.  It appears to be a Classic with a pen, minus either the toothpick or tweezers.

I should have it in a few days.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Getting a Victorinox Signature
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:22:48 PM
It's a good little knife. You'll have the option to test the various models and decide what works best for you.

:tu: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 07:23:38 PM
I think you'll like the size of it and understand what you mean about the Manager.  It's a great companion to pretty much any larger SAK  :cheers:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

00 Offline WolfyW

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 08:24:33 PM
Just did the same thing 2 months ago. You won't regret it. Surprising how often that pen gets used. Similar thickness to Classic.
"The older I get, the better I was".

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:50:33 AM
Adding a pen to a Victorinox SAK was a stroke of genius!

I am partial to the Plus scales that include a pen with the 91mm SAK but stuffing a pen in a 58mm SAK is amazing.  I had planned to get a signature but discovered that a retractable pen was part of the Minichamp II.  I have heard that these pens (same as Signature) are Space Pens but have no confirmation as to whether or not that is true.

Jim

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 11:54:02 AM
I love the look on people's faces when you use the pen on one of these guys.  I bet that alone sells SAKs!
Barry

us Offline this_is_nascar

Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 02:07:18 PM
I can't wait.  I should have it tomorrow, on Saturday.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 03:32:09 PM
While I carry a Manager the Signature is a great SAK.  I've used my Managers pen so much so that my Space pen I carry sometimes gets jealous. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 05:42:08 PM

I am partial to the Plus scales that include a pen with the 91mm SAK but stuffing a pen in a 58mm SAK is amazing.  I had planned to get a signature but discovered that a retractable pen was part of the Minichamp II.  I have heard that these pens (same as Signature) are Space Pens but have no confirmation as to whether or not that is true.

Jim
Victorinox uses pressurized ink cartridges that will write upside down (or in zero g) like a space pen would.

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 05:45:17 PM

Jim
Victorinox uses pressurized ink cartridges that will write upside down (or in zero g) like a space pen would.

yup, pretty neat, huh? :D  I use mine AWL the time.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 05:47:15 PM

Jim

So... what you're saying is that zoidberg, Huntsman and the rest can actually use them?
 :whistle:

That's nice!
 :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 05:52:15 PM

Jim

So... what you're saying is that zoidberg, Huntsman and the rest can actually use them?
 :whistle:

That's nice!
 :D :D
If they live in Australia, yeah they are definitely gonna need pressurized ink cartridges down there.  :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%