Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Half Surge

Offline zapikank86

Half Surge
on: September 24, 2017, 11:12:38 PM
Just finished this up. I just wanted the basics. Good scissors, a knife, screw driver, and bottle opener. I might replace the bottle opener with a Super Tool saw.  But I also have some questions. Later I plan to remove the inside piece that the pliers base manipulates.

Question 1:

When I first tried to put it back together, at first I couldn't get the main tools flush with the body. So I swapped screws and it worked fine. Are these screws supposed to be a little longer? I know the exchangable blade uses 2 washers instead of 1, but I dont think that warrants enough thickness to have a longer screw. The screws themselves are the same length it seems, but it doesnt go in as much as the other set. Is this because of some dried grease inside or something? Are these parts exactly the same or are they different? These are both screwed in as far as they will go.

Next question. The blade exchanger, where exactly does the other washer go? I know there is one between the body and the tool. But does the extra one go below the screw or under the blade spring. I do see the washer circular mark, but I have no idea why a washer would go there and not in the same spot for the other tools.

This:

or this??

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:16:41 PM by zapikank86 »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Half Surge
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 11:28:02 PM
Heat the post with a lighter for a few seconds then scrape out the old loctite, repeat a few times if needed.

This is correct.

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:10:34 PM
http://kazaril.snimka.bg/other/sur1.959984
HTH
the next thing to be super okay i must add some material on CO2 on back on serated blade and holder for file to ensure they stay one line and not going more :)
whait for pictures -2-3 days and i will be finish tha 1/2 surge :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:13:20 PM by Kazaril »
Final Fantasy

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 04:09:35 AM
Great mod :like: :like: I am loving all these LM knife tools :tu: Gonna have to find a cheap Wave or Surge and try this out for myself :drool: :like:

Offline zapikank86

Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 09:17:11 AM
http://kazaril.snimka.bg/other/sur1.959984
HTH
the next thing to be super okay i must add some material on CO2 on back on serated blade and holder for file to ensure they stay one line and not going more :)
whait for pictures -2-3 days and i will be finish tha 1/2 surge :P

I think you should swap the scissors and the plain blade. I see the little circular mark facing outward on the plain blade, it should be inward. The same with the scissors, the nail nick should be facing outwards. I dont know if it matters, but I noticed the locking surfaces are angled.

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 06:32:02 PM
see pictures to the end my friend, on first pictures there is concept only, and no mather who where, if you see the last pictures you see that blade and scissors are in the right places :)
Final Fantasy

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 03:55:26 PM
 :multi:
Leatherman Half-Ass.jpg
* Leatherman Half-Ass.jpg (Filesize: 207.73 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%