Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Firefly Ferro rod.

Zed · 338 · 22773

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Firefly Ferro rod.
Reply #330 on: September 26, 2018, 06:57:05 PM
Attach the toggle to any outdoor gear and you are good to go.  Heres what I like.  Its a clone of the Nanostiker.  I added a piece of "tinder quick" type cotton.  Its super flammable with just a spark.  I also keep jute in a small hank handy.  The clone nano striker is small enough IMO to keep on a keychain.  Its also not threatening looking.  No-one would know what it was.   
That looks like a nice set up. And as long as it works, thats all that matters!  :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #331 on: September 26, 2018, 11:24:41 PM
Thanks. Its been great in trying out and testing.  I was curious more than anything.  I was also very curious about the FF but after this thread I think I'm over it.  I like a few ways to start fire.  Lighter, ferro rod, storm proof matches. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #332 on: September 27, 2018, 04:17:02 AM
Thanks all!   :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

Offline JAYESH GROUP

• New User
Reply #333 on: February 13, 2019, 11:21:41 AM
Ferro Vanadium is produced from Vanadium Sludge & usually available in the range with V: 50-85%. Ferro Vanadium acts as universal toughener, enhancing and rust preventive additive for steels like high-strength low-alloy (HSLA) steel, tool steels, as well as other ferrous-based products. Origin of Ferro Vanadium is mainly India and China.      

Moderator edit: link removed

Sorry to have to pull your link, but it is in violation of our forum policies on advertising. :salute:
As this is a privately owned and members funded forum we can't allow you to advertise for free here.
We have members here paying for the privilege to advertise and allowing you to do so for free wouldn't be fair to them.
If you have any more questions or would like arrange options for advertising, please contact Grant Lamontagne, the site owner via email.
Nice to have you with us and you can enjoy the forum and take part in the discussions, but don't advertise anymore until you've made arrangements to do so with the forum owner. :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 04:06:11 PM by SteveC »

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #334 on: February 13, 2019, 01:20:36 PM
So far, falls out of most of my SAKs but that's ok, only the back edge of the saw blade has enough angle to spark it anyway.
My opinion- great idea, does not work entirely as advertised...
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline cranked247

Reply #335 on: February 14, 2019, 11:31:18 PM
I was in the kickstarter and got a pack of 3 full size strikers. So far they have fit my knifes no problem, haven't had the issues with falling out.

Up until I read this, I would have highly recommended this for a Victorinox SAK enthusiast. They are a little small but can definitely throw enough sparks to start a fire in a survival situation. The metal file is definitely the best tool to strike with, and the wood saw is second best. And you do have to be careful because of the size, but with a little practice it's not bad.

I too actually use the toothpick and wish there was another option on where it can be stored, but I always seem to have a second knife or tool on me.

But for the price I think it's a neat add on for your EDC SAK. Just my opinion, but as a backup plan for having fire, this is a great little product. I would still bring my bigger ferro rod if I knew I was going to starting multiple fires but this will work in a pinch.

us Offline this_is_nascar

Reply #336 on: February 15, 2019, 12:13:45 AM
I was in the kickstarter and got a pack of 3 full size strikers. So far they have fit my knifes no problem, haven't had the issues with falling out.

Up until I read this, I would have highly recommended this for a Victorinox SAK enthusiast. They are a little small but can definitely throw enough sparks to start a fire in a survival situation. The metal file is definitely the best tool to strike with, and the wood saw is second best. And you do have to be careful because of the size, but with a little practice it's not bad.

I too actually use the toothpick and wish there was another option on where it can be stored, but I always seem to have a second knife or tool on me.

But for the price I think it's a neat add on for your EDC SAK. Just my opinion, but as a backup plan for having fire, this is a great little product. I would still bring my bigger ferro rod if I knew I was going to starting multiple fires but this will work in a pinch.
???

On my Executive, the toothpick remains and this device replaced the tweezers.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012

us Offline cranked247

Reply #337 on: February 15, 2019, 12:32:31 AM
Oh on the smaller size I guess it could go either place. But on the bigger size I might have to file the end down to make it fit flush as it is shaped perfectly to replace the toothpick.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%