Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ideal Powerlock Toolset?

us Offline Wallace72

Ideal Powerlock Toolset?
on: September 26, 2017, 05:27:07 AM
Thinking of restoring my powerlock by potentially getting rid of worn out old tools and replacing them with new ones whether they be bought or self-fabricated.  If SOG made your ideal powerlock, what toolset would it have? What additional tools to their current offerings would prove beneficial?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Ideal Powerlock Toolset?
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 03:57:18 PM
well, before losing it to the authorities this past month, I had a modified Powrlock with my ideal toolset for it.
I changed the crappy scissors for a LM ones, and the pull cut saw for a push-pull cut saw

I kept the original Phillips driver since it worked on some screws, but added a sturdier and more defined LM PH driver too
Excellent pliers with lacking inner tools, IMO

often solved by using the toolset on a big SAK

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Wallace72

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 02:00:33 AM
Definitely will put scissors from a vic in it. Why did the authorities take your powerlock if you don't mind answering? 

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 02:45:48 PM
Definitely will put scissors from a vic in it. Why did the authorities take your powerlock if you don't mind answering?

I was rushed to the hospital without previous notice or intention
When they took my clothes and bag off me, they saw some "uncommon" stuff (SAKs, MTs, lights, folding knives, all legal to own and carry by Spanish law) and called the security personnel at the Hospital
When I couldn't intervene, talk or do anything they decided those were "questionable items" and "legally objectionable" so they decided to "confiscate and destroy" such items. Yeah, destroy my ass. They took them from me without me being able to do anything about it, and some folks are now proud owners of my stuff   :rant:

they won't get away with that so easily though, as I've sued them and I am currently waiting for the next step to be taken by our local authorities
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:07:08 PM
Are you well, ThePeacent? Hopefully nothing to serious. Also, sorry to hear they stole your stuff 😡
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 03:15:53 PM
Sorry to hear your troubles, Peacent. I hope you're well, and win big against those shameless thieves.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 06:52:19 PM
thanks folks, now I look at my PL pics and hope to get it again, it was such a "personal item" with all the mods and that dented wire cutter, full of memories  ::)

don't try and cut a braided wire with them, the steel is too soft for the force that you can impart with the Compound Leverage...

same with the Pacific Salt and Tasman Salt in these pics, all gone to the hands of power-abusing security folks    :cry:

My toys:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 02:26:26 PM
Damn, they took the Salt's too? That really sucks.

More on topic, my Ideal PowerLock is one full of OG Leatherman SuperTool inside tools, with a pair of Wave scissors replacing the ST's smallest driver.  Here is a mod I made on A PowerAssist proving that concept: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,67635.msg1316246.html#msg1316246
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%