Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox SwissCard

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Victorinox SwissCard
on: September 26, 2017, 05:45:20 AM
I carry this for personal grooming sometimes. Only problem I have is forgetting it is in my pocket! The scissors are very nice! And the ink pen has saved me when not having a pen to sign a check once.
Anyone else use the SwissCard?

Note: Pic with other SAKs for size reference.
20170925_203800-1.jpeg
* 20170925_203800-1.jpeg (Filesize: 100.33 KB)
20170925_223728-1.jpeg
* 20170925_223728-1.jpeg (Filesize: 59.52 KB)
20170925_223913-1.jpeg
* 20170925_223913-1.jpeg (Filesize: 53.31 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Victorinox SwissCard
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:05:11 AM
Have a newer swisscard lite version I keep in my backpack, love the tool, although the light is of no use.

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:28:02 AM
I have been curious about the Swisscard for some time as a replacement for the Classic SD on my keychain. Do you carry it in your wallet? And if so, doesn't it make it rather thick?

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 06:39:21 AM
I have been curious about the Swisscard for some time as a replacement for the Classic SD on my keychain. Do you carry it in your wallet? And if so, doesn't it make it rather thick?
I am not sure about all wallets, but you can see in the picture, it is way too big for the trifold wallets some of us use. A bifold may hold it in the bill sleeve on one side. And yes, it would be significantly thicker. I carry the SwissCard in my back right pocket alone. The weight is negligible.  :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

scotland Offline Dunkeld

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 07:18:25 AM

Keep one in my car....my favourite scissors.

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 07:32:40 AM
Few SwissCards from my collection.

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 09:24:55 AM
this β₁ receptor blocker medicine branded swisscard is really nice ! labs should give some more often !   :gimme:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 10:57:57 AM
I am not sure about all wallets, but you can see in the picture, it is way too big for the trifold wallets some of us use. A bifold may hold it in the bill sleeve on one side. And yes, it would be significantly thicker. I carry the SwissCard in my back right pocket alone. The weight is negligible.  :)
I've heard of it cracking due to being sat on, when kept in a back pocket.  :think:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 01:27:55 PM

Keep one in my car....my favourite scissors.
The scissors are among my favorite Vic scissors. The card pairs well with the Vic Spirit, which has somewhat lack-luster scissors comparatively.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 01:30:06 PM
Few SwissCards from my collection. (Image removed from quote.)
Thanks for sharing!  I like the translucent casings you pictured! Seems like a good feature for someone who may not be familiar with the tool compliment
 :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 01:31:27 PM
this β₁ receptor blocker medicine branded swisscard is really nice ! labs should give some more often !   :gimme:
That would be awesome.  Would make a great business card option as well, so you won't just throw it out after getting it and it serves a purpose. :)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 01:34:47 PM
I've heard of it cracking due to being sat on, when kept in a back pocket.  :think:
I can understand why. However,  I wear relaxed fit jeans and do not sit very often.
I have given it some thought though and may shift my folding knife to the back pocket and put the SwissCard in my front.
It has held up well. I bought it around 10 years ago. :o

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 01:47:14 PM
I can understand why. However,  I wear relaxed fit jeans and do not sit very often.
I have given it some thought though and may shift my folding knife to the back pocket and put the SwissCard in my front.
It has held up well. I bought it around 10 years ago. :o
That's a good old age for anything that's been carried frequently.  :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 01:59:18 PM
That would be awesome.  Would make a great business card option as well, so you won't just throw it out after getting it and it serves a purpose. :)

It is much better than a sh*tty pen that cracks after two days to give good feeling and an image of reliability for a brand

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 02:01:27 PM
Indeed! Thank ya!
Most of my Vic stuff acquired back then has held up well, except my explorer, but it was admittedly abused on many occasions  for about 15 years(edc'd with mr. Pinchy). I need to disassemble it and repair the liners and get new scales for it.  :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 02:03:36 PM

It is much better than a sh*tty pen that cracks after two days to give good feeling and an image of reliability for a brand
It has gotten me out of a bind a few times. If it had advertising on the front, I would see it everytime I used it.  :cheers:

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 02:04:42 PM

I EDC the Nailcare Swisscard, inside a Skinth Toolet. I chose this version because it has everything I need and no blade. I consider it air travel friendly and I'll test it soon, going to Cyprus, Abu Dhabi and Vienna.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 03:09:48 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

I EDC the Nailcare Swisscard, inside a Skinth Toolet. I chose this version because it has everything I need and no blade. I consider it air travel friendly and I'll test it soon, going to Cyprus, Abu Dhabi and Vienna.
Good luck on the travels with the SwissCard!

us Offline Frailer

Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 04:16:41 AM
I, too, carry a SwissCard whenever I fly; I leave the knife blade at home.

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 07:44:36 AM
Few SwissCards from my collection. (Image removed from quote.)

How does the nailcare file compare to the standard one?

ua Offline LeaF

Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 10:10:19 AM

Absolutely different thing.
I'm using it for my baby's fingers :)

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 03:28:12 PM
Still missing the nail care...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Victorinox SwissCard
Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 04:03:58 PM
I've been thinking about getting one of these for my wife. The problem is that she seems to NEVER put things back where they belong. So I can see all the tools eventually being scattered to the 4 corners of the Earth with an empty card floating around in her purse--or the entire card being lost somewhere in the Twilight Zone.
So I've held off on getting her one. I got her a Classic SD in cobalt blue for her keychain. She was working for a school district at the time and told me that she wouldn't be allowed to take that into a school. I haven't seen it since. It slipped into the Bermuda Triangle for eternity. That was 10 years ago.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:07:23 PM by Tired_Yeti »

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 04:15:36 PM

It is a real "nailcare" file, perfect for nails, don't use it on anything else. For emergency work you don't need to take the file out of the card, the section that is naked is suficient enough.

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!

us Offline thatotherguy

Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 06:16:05 AM
I carried one off and on for several years in my wallet. It cracked, I sent it back for warranty replacement, and I haven't really carried it since. It's not a bad tool by any means- in fact it's quite good at doing what it's meant to do. It's just not something I need enough to tote it with me every day and worry about it cracking, not to mention the George Costanza wallet.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 06:18:41 AM
not to mention the George Costanza wallet.
:rofl:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 08:34:53 AM
Latest addition...

at Offline Peter1960

Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 05:47:48 PM
One never knows, therefore I carry two -

one in my wallet

and another one in my small first aid kit

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 01:10:20 AM
Nice Cards, y'all! :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%