Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

won't honor warranty.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: won't honor warranty.
Reply #150 on: October 15, 2017, 05:13:03 PM
Mechanickal. My thoughts exactly. :rofl:

Eamo,
The car takes 5 quarts, and loses one a month. So 20% a month loss. I just top it off once a month and check it every few days. Just in case. :cheers:
The car is a Ford Escape V6, which is really a Mazda Tribute V6. 16 years old.
My parents drive 2 Tribute's.
Lovely car to drive in my opinion.

They were never offered as a V6 here though. I always wondered why cars in the US get V6 and V8's while in Europe they get a whole different engine.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #151 on: October 15, 2017, 05:26:15 PM
Mechanickal. My thoughts exactly. :rofl:

Eamo,
The car takes 5 quarts, and loses one a month. So 20% a month loss. I just top it off once a month and check it every few days. Just in case. :cheers:
The car is a Ford Escape V6, which is really a Mazda Tribute V6. 16 years old.
My parents drive 2 Tribute's.
Lovely car to drive in my opinion.

They were never offered as a V6 here though. I always wondered why cars in the US get V6 and V8's while in Europe they get a whole different engine.
I bought mine used about ten years ago. I could never afford a new car, so when I wrecked my last car, I found the v6 was a lot cheaper at the time than the 4cyl when gas was twice as much as it has been the last two years here.
Runs very well though. 200+hp as well. :ahhh
If I had a choice financially, I'd opt for a better gas mileage car, because I commute round trip 45 miles a day. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #152 on: October 15, 2017, 05:32:09 PM
engines in europe do seem a lot smaller - certainly in ireland between insurance and tax owning a big engined car is very expensive even before you take running costs into account.

Newer cars with larger engines are not penalised tax wise as much now, as since 2008 (i think) cars are taxed on their emissions rather then size.
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #153 on: October 15, 2017, 07:53:17 PM
as for dashcams, anybody know why it sees that 90% of drivers in Russia have one?   ???
Is it obligatory, or has something to do with insurance and so? I mean, almost 8/10 dashcam videos on the Internet are from Russia     :think:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #154 on: October 15, 2017, 08:10:31 PM
as for dashcams, anybody know why it sees that 90% of drivers in Russia have one?   ???
Is it obligatory, or has something to do with insurance and so? I mean, almost 8/10 dashcam videos on the Internet are from Russia     :think:

Corrupt police, I won't drive without one now, saved my backside earlier this year when a woman reversed into me and claimed I drove into her, pure scum
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #155 on: October 15, 2017, 09:00:14 PM

Corrupt police, I won't drive without one now, saved my backside earlier this year when a woman reversed into me and claimed I drove into her, pure scum
From what I heard from a Russian: with an accident, both insurance companies go to the location of the accident right away and discuss the case there and see who's in fault etc.
A dashcam helps you getting your right and is taken into account by the experts.
After everything is discussed and agreed, both parties leave the scene and it's case closed.

NOT CONFIRMED THOUGH!

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #156 on: October 15, 2017, 10:42:13 PM
What is being posted here now won't change what has already been posted, despite good intentions. The incongruity between the title and he current content will just spur the uninitiated to review the entire topic string. Additionally, may I submit that every time someone posts here, that keeps the title floating up at the top of the list.

If the mods lock this string, or if nobody posts here going forward, it will eventually sink into the crowd and out of immediate view.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #157 on: October 15, 2017, 11:19:10 PM
What is being posted here now won't change what has already been posted, despite good intentions. The incongruity between the title and he current content will just spur the uninitiated to review the entire topic string. Additionally, may I submit that every time someone posts here, that keeps the title floating up at the top of the list.

If the mods lock this string, or if nobody posts here going forward, it will eventually sink into the crowd and out of immediate view.

The mods wont do anything, that's why this place is not a place to be anymore
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #158 on: October 15, 2017, 11:26:45 PM
I have to say, I respectfully disagree.  I quite like the place.

But then I may be a bit biased....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #159 on: October 15, 2017, 11:40:18 PM

I also respectfully disagree.

This is by far the friendliest and best run forum I've ever been on. The mods only step in when absolutely necessary and Poncho did so a page back.

Where I think the failure rests is with us,  members who didn't do a better job of heading this off before it got ugly. We usually do a better job of self moderating than what took place in this thread and it sucks that we lost a new member over it.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #160 on: October 16, 2017, 12:06:28 AM
This is a GREAT place to be, despite the bitter people who turn up every now and then.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%