Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Texas Tool Crafter

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Texas Tool Crafter
on: September 28, 2017, 06:35:24 PM
TTC is having their annual 40% discount. I foresee I am going to burn a huge hole in my pocket very soon.....!

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Re: Texas Tool Crafter
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 01:15:10 AM
Must be allot of mark up there.. some of those Ti blades are real nice though
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 03:56:47 AM
Fully agree. The mark ups must be ridiculous. Not too keen in their blades though.. Might be getting the Damascus Charge Everest Edition. The Damascus scales looks absolutely amazing....

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 04:17:35 AM
That Everest edition definitley turned my head and piqued my interest

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 09:15:04 AM
I, have placed an order for the Damascus Charge Everest.. I pray that when I receive this, it can mend the hole that I had burnt in my pocket..... This will be the biggest investment I have ever made on a multitool..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:16:12 AM by Sam Lim »

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 06:37:31 PM
Totally post pics when you get it, in 5 weeks  :D :D

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 04:17:14 AM
Thanks for reminding the 5 weeks... It may take longer.. I am pretty far away..

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 04:56:32 AM
Charge with those fancy damascus scales at $240 is not that bad. It looks a lot better than the $250 Shinola asks for their version of the Charge AL.

Did you ask if they will send the original Aluminum scales in the shipment?

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 12:08:24 PM
Charge with those fancy damascus scales at $240 is not that bad. It looks a lot better than the $250 Shinola asks for their version of the Charge AL.

Did you ask if they will send the original Aluminum scales in the shipment?

Well, of course I did :). But they refuse to do it.. They said leatherman forbids them to send the parts.

I also put in a request for it to be in sweet black oxide. Almost did the unthinkable of ordering both black and ST....  :rofl:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 04:22:13 PM
Congrats.  I can't wait to see it when you get it Sam.  I've bought a few pricey items and while the initial sting was hard to shake off the excitement continues today.   Maybe pack a few meals for work instead of eating out?  Maybe pick up a extra shift or a few extra hours at work if possible?  Otherwise I hope the tool will bring years of excitement.   
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 05:30:35 PM
Congrats.  I can't wait to see it when you get it Sam.  I've bought a few pricey items and while the initial sting was hard to shake off the excitement continues today.   Maybe pack a few meals for work instead of eating out?  Maybe pick up a extra shift or a few extra hours at work if possible?  Otherwise I hope the tool will bring years of excitement.   

So far, these 2 are the most valuable to me. The 20th Anniversary Wave was selling on eBay for 70USD. I snapped it up in a heartbeat. It was in mint condition.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 06:09:59 PM

So far, these 2 are the most valuable to me. The 20th Anniversary Wave was selling on eBay for 70USD. I snapped it up in a heartbeat. It was in mint condition.
IMG_20171001_232843-780x1040.jpg
* IMG_20171001_232843-780x1040.jpg (Filesize: 104.34 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:11 PM
The 20th Anniversary is really nice.  I also like the Camo one photo bombing  :like:
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 01:32:29 AM
The 20th Anniversary is really nice.  I also like the Camo one photo bombing  :like:

:)

For some reason, the classic designs tickles me more than the new ones..

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 02:10:54 PM
After a long wait, I received my Charge Everest.

Boy.. I got a huge shock when I opened it up.. I had ordered a custom based on a black oxide Charge ALX. I received a stainless steel model, with the body frame PAINTED black. Blades, implements in stainless steel. Totally disgusted by the mixture of colours and material.. On the bright side, the tool is based on a Charge TTI with the s30v blade. I believe I can totally remove the paint clean with paint remover. Am pretty torn between doing it or sending it back.. What would you do if this happen to you?

IMG_20171123_210312-744x992.jpg
* IMG_20171123_210312-744x992.jpg (Filesize: 127.94 KB)
IMG_20171123_204940-744x992.jpg
* IMG_20171123_204940-744x992.jpg (Filesize: 107.6 KB)
IMG_20171123_205013-744x992.jpg
* IMG_20171123_205013-744x992.jpg (Filesize: 105.63 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 02:23:54 PM
That is a bummer.   Contact TTC and let them know this is not the tool you ordered and they'll need to pay for it to go back.  They've been pretty good from what I've read here on MTO about taking care of issues.  PAINTED black?  That just sounds bad  :twak:.  I wouldn't keep since you ordered a custom based on the ALX and thats what you expected to arrive.  I would be annoyed and am annoyed for you but I'd certainly reach out to them so they can fix this and send the right tool out to you.  Sorry this happened I was super excited to see what you ordered, as I'm sure you were as well.

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 02:29:24 PM
Painted!  That's pretty low class.  Send it back for sure if you remove the paint it will never look right.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 02:41:09 PM
That is a bummer.   Contact TTC and let them know this is not the tool you ordered and they'll need to pay for it to go back.  They've been pretty good from what I've read here on MTO about taking care of issues.  PAINTED black?  That just sounds bad  :twak:.  I wouldn't keep since you ordered a custom based on the ALX and thats what you expected to arrive.  I would be annoyed and am annoyed for you but I'd certainly reach out to them so they can fix this and send the right tool out to you.  Sorry this happened I was super excited to see what you ordered, as I'm sure you were as well.

To be honest, after ordering the black oxide, I was thinking if I should have ordered the stainless steel for the contrast. And I do prefer the Charge TTI setup over the ALX. They actually charges extra $30 for TTI. I had already sent them an email regarding this. Let's see how it goes..

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 05:08:13 PM
Sorry you didn't get what you ordered :facepalm: Hopefully they will make this right and it will be little trouble for you :tu: Looks great but painted is not the way to go :-\

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 05:46:31 PM
Sorry you didn't get what you ordered :facepalm: Hopefully they will make this right and it will be little trouble for you :tu: Looks great but painted is not the way to go :-\

It's those paint that they do over their custom skeletools. Not sure what they call it.. But they doesn't seems to last.. I bought one red one from them before. It's one of those that they blotched up and sell them for parts. Was a breeze removing them with paint remover.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 05:47:32 PM
I am actually more shocked than annoyed when I saw the tool..

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 05:51:52 PM
How gross of Texas tool crafters! Imagine if you'd have even paid full price, what a travesty... AND it took like 6 weeks or something to ship too right? smh... I'm sorry for ya man  :cry:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 06:46:00 PM
How gross of Texas tool crafters! Imagine if you'd have even paid full price, what a travesty... AND it took like 6 weeks or something to ship too right? smh... I'm sorry for ya man  :cry:

Yeah. Gross is the one word to describe the finishing..

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 12:46:46 AM

But the rest of it, from the angle I can see, what I can tell looks stellar.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 03:03:47 AM

But the rest of it, from the angle I can see, what I can tell looks stellar.

Well.. The best part of this blunder is that they had given me a s30v blade and scissors.. Which should have cost more..

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 07:15:50 PM

It's those paint that they do over their custom skeletools. Not sure what they call it.. But they doesn't seems to last.. I bought one red one from them before. It's one of those that they blotched up and sell them for parts. Was a breeze removing them with paint remover.

I bought a few pieces during that sale. It was a nice sale for the components they offered. One of the tools I bought has a black coating with that sheen. I think it is ceramic.

BTW, how is the finish of the Damascus panels? Did TTC grind them smooth? Where did TTC etch/ engrave the serial numbers?

Is this a shelf queen or a user? You always have the option to put those panels on any other Charge models  :tu:

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: November 26, 2017, 08:45:39 PM

I bought a few pieces during that sale. It was a nice sale for the components they offered. One of the tools I bought has a black coating with that sheen. I think it is ceramic.

BTW, how is the finish of the Damascus panels? Did TTC grind them smooth? Where did TTC etch/ engrave the serial numbers?

Is this a shelf queen or a user? You always have the option to put those panels on any other Charge models  :tu:

Ya. The edges are smooth. Strangely, now that you mentioned, there's no serial numbers. But I did see the manufacture dates for the frames. One is from 16, the other 14.. :-\ its going to stay on my shelf. Its really hefty with the full metal scales. I had emailed them on the 23rd Nov. I am a little pi@#ed that they have not gotten back to me..

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 07:39:10 PM
OK. Just a quick update on the response from TTC. The gave me a option to return the item and offer to pay for the shipping or a partial refund on the amount I had paid. I chose the refund.  :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 07:41:13 PM
Glad that you could come to an agreement that settled well with you :tu: :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 03:54:44 PM
Good they did the right thing.  Now what?  You get your money back but an awesome tool is what you wanted.  Any ideas? 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD