Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Netflix Binge Thread

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Netflix Binge Thread
on: September 30, 2017, 08:45:46 AM
Recommend shows or warn us away from the stinkers

Just finished "The Good Place" season 1, interesting story and decently funny, not a lot of episodes, and each is only 22 minutes. blew through the season in 3 nights, but its worth checking out, has a lot of twists. Kristen Bell is hot, mean and funny, Ted Danson really good as always and theres a guy who you will swear is Samuel L Jacksons son, maybe he is, i'm not sure, but cant find the info. 8/10

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Re: Netflix Binge Thread
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 09:40:27 AM
Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Return

Takes a few episodes to get used to the new cast, but there are some seriously funny jokes/riffs, and some of the most horrible movies I've ever seen with ultra cheesy dialogue, actors who are beyond terrible, and scripts that should have been tossed into the sun. It all makes for some good watching and great way to kill time while you debate which sak you will buy next. If you liked the original version, you will enjoy this as well. I'm almost up to the final show of the season, hard to binge watch since they are kinda long, so its taking me a couple of months of on and off watching, but highly recommended. 9/10

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 10:21:46 AM
Marvels Defenders

Too much talking not enough punching. You pretty much need to watch the other netflix shows that the characters are culled from (daredevil, ironfist, luke cage, jessica jones) to have some context for this show, and those shows are kinda middling as well. I watch a lot of these superhero shows cause I grew up reading and collecting comics, sold all of them off years ago cause they take up too much space and are a burden to lug around...back to the topic, The defenders comics I read as a kid had the hulk smashing stuff and I think doctor strange and rotating characters, I dont remember these guys in that title so its a bit off to me, and way too much talking and arguing between the characters, kinda boring, skip it unless you must see every super hero thing that marvel churns out. 5/10
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:25:56 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 03:05:53 PM
We just binged Ozark with Jason Bateman. Got really good!  :like:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 03:53:27 PM
Recommend shows or warn us away from the stinkers

Just finished "The Good Place" season 1, interesting story and decently funny, not a lot of episodes, and each is only 22 minutes. blew through the season in 3 nights, but its worth checking out, has a lot of twists. Kristen Bell is hot, mean and funny, Ted Danson really good as always and theres a guy who you will swear is Samuel L Jacksons son, maybe he is, i'm not sure, but cant find the info. 8/10
Started watching that last night - 2 episodes in and it's as good as Mike Schur gets - very funny. Did you watch The Office, Parks and Recreation and Brooklyn nine-nine as well? Allthe same guy and very good.

Also Kimmy Schmidt is one of my favourite along with Schitts Creek and Grace & Frankie.  :cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 06:03:32 PM
Brooklyn 99 is good  :tu:

The 2nd series of the good place started this week.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 09:03:17 PM
Really liking Star Trek Discovery.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 11:51:11 AM

liked the first episode, just dont want to shell out money to see the rest, cbs has some big balls

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 10:15:00 AM

Same here!  :tu:

And when you're in the mood for something lighter..........The Orville :rofl:

Marvel's Inhumans also looking good  :salute:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 11:14:32 AM
The Gifted looks like it will be good, not sure if it is on Netflix though as I don't have it

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 12:05:25 AM
yeah saw a couple of orville episodes, pretty funny, got inhumans and the gifted on dvr will check em out soon.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 09:06:35 AM
yeah saw a couple of orville episodes, pretty funny, got inhumans and the gifted on dvr will check em out soon.

I watched the first episode of Inhumans last night, can't say I was impressed.

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 01:55:56 PM

I wanted to say the same about The Gifted, and I had to watch Inhumans E02 several times........my attention kept wandering  :facepalm:

Superhero/power overload?

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 02:03:06 PM
I'll publicly admit I'm glad Modern Family and TBBT is back on, 20 minutes of laughter is good medicine.

Seems like the first season of Snowfall is done........really enjoyed that!

I enjoyed Narcos' new season as well, except for a slight issue with the subtitles.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 03:36:17 PM

I wanted to say the same about The Gifted, and I had to watch Inhumans E02 several times........my attention kept wandering  :facepalm:

Superhero/power overload?

I started watching The Gifted but got bored of it after 10 mins so watched inhumans instead. I'll try the gifted again another time. It was about as interesting as Iron Fist was, and I gave up on that completely after 5 or 6 episodes.  Hopefully it gets better

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 03:52:31 AM
Anyone been watching The Expanse? Not only a great scifi series, but also a whole new language to learn  :D

Oye, kopeng mi, kewe tolowda?

:pok:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 09:54:54 AM
Watched the premiere, kind of liked the inhumans. remember them from the fantastic four comics I used to read, was a lot better than some of the neflix marvel shows.

The guy who played Ramsey on Game of thrones plays a good creep, and guy from hell on wheels almost unrecognizable without his scruffy beard, guess i'm shaving mine off if I ever go on the lam. I'll throw a rating up once I see a few more episodes.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:03:19 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 10:16:22 AM
In hindsight, probably should have called this TV binge thread, as we all dont have netflix,

more superhero garbage I watch is starting next week, arrow(cheesy, plots I can barely follow, cant tell if I even like it, but been watching it for a few years), legends of tomorrow(even cheezier, but has time travel, so thats always interesting) The Flash(see last 2 parenthesis)

Another season of supernatural, watched them on netflix, enjoy this one even though its getting long in the tooth

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 05:51:49 PM
Galavant.

Hear me out, yes, it is a musical comedy, but there is character development, and I've found several people to enjoy it.  There are only two seasons, and the episodes are roughly 22 minutes long, so you can knock out the entire series in two days.  Best of all, I think it's on both Hulu and Netflix.

Other honorable mentions are: The IT Crowd (UK version on Netflix) and Parks and Recreation (on both Netflix and Hulu). :cheers:

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 08:07:32 AM
In hindsight, probably should have called this TV binge thread, as we all dont have netflix,

more superhero garbage I watch is starting next week, arrow(cheesy, plots I can barely follow, cant tell if I even like it, but been watching it for a few years), legends of tomorrow(even cheezier, but has time travel, so thats always interesting) The Flash(see last 2 parenthesis)

Another season of supernatural, watched them on netflix, enjoy this one even though its getting long in the tooth

:facepalm:

Watched the first new episode of Supergirl, Flash and Legends, only to realise I never finished watching the previous seasons.......knew about Flash, but I thought I was up to date on the other two!  :facepalm:

Situations like this is where I stop watching completely.....

Supernatural, still good after the world has ended so many times, best writers in the business, best soundtrack on TV  :salute:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 09:58:03 AM
Supernatural is great  :tu:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 12:54:26 AM
Galavant.

Hear me out, yes, it is a musical comedy, but there is character development, and I've found several people to enjoy it.  There are only two seasons, and the episodes are roughly 22 minutes long, so you can knock out the entire series in two days.  Best of all, I think it's on both Hulu and Netflix.

Other honorable mentions are: The IT Crowd (UK version on Netflix) and Parks and Recreation (on both Netflix and Hulu). :cheers:

I loved Galavant!

It's worth watching, if for no other reason than to watch Vinnie Jones sing and dance!   :rofl:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 07:38:19 AM
I find the serial killer genre fascinating.......

Mindhunter - 10/10

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 07:55:40 AM
+1 on Mindhunter  :cheers:

Been that, Twin Peaks, and Room 104 (HBO) for me lately
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 06:38:59 AM
I'll publicly admit I'm glad Modern Family and TBBT is back on, 20 minutes of laughter is good medicine.

Seems like the first season of Snowfall is done........really enjoyed that!

I enjoyed Narcos' new season as well, except for a slight issue with the subtitles.

just finished season 1, yeah the subtitles are a little much, but liking the show a lot

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 07:45:19 AM
I find the serial killer genre fascinating.......

Mindhunter - 10/10
I read the book (by John Douglas) many years ago, a very interesting read.  :cheers:

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 08:54:20 AM
Well..........

Show content
That guy in Kansas means there's a season 2

The last episode was a thriller, I know it must be dramatized, but still, some of it is true.....

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 06:22:24 PM
just saw the 2 first Episodes of Star Trek: Discovery, and liked them so far  :tu:
Also started watching "Genius" (biographic mini series about Albert Einstein's youth, maturity and life in general) and acting is good, they managed to keep it interesting the first 3 episodes
I saw the first 2 Episodes of the much announced "The Good Doctor" and like the science behind it, no surrealism, crazy things or made-up stuff there. Also spotted a SAK and Cold Steel folder in the first episode (pic)     :D

I stopped watching all of Marvel's TV Shows and yesterday watched the first episode of the 8th season of The Walking Dead, just released this Sunday
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 11:06:02 PM
Well..........

Show content
That guy in Kansas means there's a season 2

The last episode was a thriller, I know it must be dramatized, but still, some of it is true.....
Some of the true stuff can be just as interesting.... like the guy who buried his mother's head in the garden facing up at the house "because she always looked down on him"...

It's fascinating how his area of expertise involves profiling the killer based on the crime scene, the victim, how the victim was disposed of etc.
How many of the killers tried to get into law enforcement and drive a car similar to a cop car.
How VWs were BY FAR the serial killers' vehicle of choice in the 70s, especially Kombis which offered more.... space.....

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: October 26, 2017, 12:41:21 PM
My dad used to buy MAD Magazine........I'll never forget a cartoon I saw in there where they said all serial killers and the like are highly intelligent people, so pregnant women should smoke and drink.....have nice, normal kids  :rofl:

Fascinating as I find the subject, I would not want that job..........

One thing that catches my eye constantly is the smoking......in the office, in the plane, restaurant, everywhere!  And that's the way it was! 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%