Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Netflix Binge Thread

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Re: Netflix Binge Thread
Reply #120 on: January 20, 2018, 02:50:47 PM
Any of you guys seen a show called Travelers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it, abso-smurfing-lutely love it

Just started watching episode 1 and I'm hooked!!!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #121 on: January 22, 2018, 09:20:46 AM
Fired up the Netflix show "GLOW" not knowing what it was but saw Marc Maron on the photo and figured I'd give it a try cause he's really funny and surprisingly it's a damn funny and good show

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #122 on: January 22, 2018, 01:21:49 PM
I'm a few episodes into McMafia........  :tu:

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #123 on: January 22, 2018, 06:03:07 PM
Any of you guys seen a show called Travelers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it, abso-smurfing-lutely love it

Just started watching episode 1 and I'm hooked!!!

Just started season 2
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #124 on: January 24, 2018, 11:04:50 AM
Not a wrestling fan, but finished GLOW in like 5 days, was really good.

If you can, catch "The Brave" on NBC, excellent show.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #125 on: January 30, 2018, 09:04:24 AM
Been watching "Episodes" very funny

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #126 on: January 30, 2018, 04:46:14 PM
Watching Turn / Washington's Spies.  Filthy Brits.  :pok: :D
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #127 on: February 02, 2018, 11:59:02 AM
Altered Carbon looks pretty cool

• No Life Club
Reply #128 on: February 02, 2018, 02:56:10 PM

Started downloading lunchtime, and since the ISP kindly doubled our bandwidth last month, I'll be watching those tonight  :tu:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #129 on: February 03, 2018, 05:57:47 AM

Started downloading lunchtime, and since the ISP kindly doubled our bandwidth last month, I'll be watching those tonight  :tu:

Cool, give us a report, I'm too sick with stomach flu to be able to follow any plot right now  :rofl:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #130 on: February 04, 2018, 10:18:17 PM
Been watching "Bloodline" another netflix orignal, very good.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #131 on: February 04, 2018, 10:44:38 PM

Well I've just just completed it, I read the book a few years ago and the series was very true to it (but it did have more boobs in it, not a bad thing)  :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #132 on: February 04, 2018, 10:57:01 PM

Well I've just just completed it, I read the book a few years ago and the series was very true to it (but it did have more boobs in it, not a bad thing)  :tu:

Haven't watched it yet, but  that premise reminded me of my favorite sci-fi book "Gateway" by Frederik Pohl, check it out if you get a chance, there's a few in the series
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 10:58:04 PM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #133 on: February 04, 2018, 11:00:48 PM

Haven't watched it yet, but  that premise reminded me of my favorite sci-fi book "Gateway" by Frederik Pohl, check it out if you get a chance, there's a few in the series

I will do, Thanks :salute:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #134 on: February 04, 2018, 11:03:32 PM
I've not watched it too the end yet, but so far I'm loving Altered Carbon.  Without looking back through the thread I'd also recommend The Expanse if folks like their Sci-Fi shows.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #135 on: February 05, 2018, 05:45:39 AM

I will do, Thanks :salute:

BTW, that downloaded consciousness bit is not in the first book if I remember correctly, maybe the 2nd or 3rd, but after you read the first you will be reading the sequels, it's that good. I read these like 20 years ago, Hugo & Nebula award winner, haven't read much in past 10 years, but I think I will dig through my storage box of books and reread.

• No Life Club
Reply #136 on: February 05, 2018, 07:56:01 AM

Cool, give us a report, I'm too sick with stomach flu to be able to follow any plot right now  :rofl:

:facepalm:

New, interesting and visually stunning......and I would rather watch 10 episodes of The Big Bang Theory......

It's just me, but both the Marvel and DC crowdedverses lost me recently with the cross-over episodes, I don't have time for all of them so I lost the plot completely.

It might just be me, but this is starting to feel like work rather than entertainment.

Same with Hard Sun btw.........

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #137 on: February 06, 2018, 11:35:12 AM
Damn, "Bloodline" is really good, Netflix knows their s***

england Offline Kev D

Reply #138 on: February 06, 2018, 12:13:25 PM
Finished watching the 2nd season of the good place last night. It's been pretty good. Only short episodes once you skip the ads though.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #139 on: February 06, 2018, 12:18:18 PM
Finished watching the 2nd season of the good place last night. It's been pretty good. Only short episodes once you skip the ads though.
Loved it!

Is the whole second season on NF then? They stopped it short before xmas.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #140 on: February 07, 2018, 10:11:53 AM
Loved it!

Is the whole second season on NF then? They stopped it short before xmas.

I think season 2 still only available on network, still have last weeks finale on my DVR, they may have split it up or something. I'm hooked on this Bloodline show, so it will be awhile until I fire up good place S2 finale, but it's a great show, really funny.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:19:19 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #141 on: February 16, 2018, 07:17:30 AM
Anybody watching "Electric Dreams"?

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #142 on: February 20, 2018, 04:40:18 AM
Major cricket action, nobody lol. It's amazon's black mirror like show but with a lot of name brand stars, watched a few episodes, some really good some so-so.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #143 on: February 20, 2018, 03:32:48 PM
Major cricket action, nobody lol. It's amazon's black mirror like show but with a lot of name brand stars, watched a few episodes, some really good some so-so.

Going to have to check that out.   :cheers:

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #144 on: February 20, 2018, 06:19:39 PM
Some thoughts on the thread so far.

First, I LOVED the first couple Netflix Marvel series. Daredevil season 1 and Jessica Jones specifically. I was a bit disappointed that in DD season 2, the best part was Punisher. I am utterly sick to death of Elektra and the Hand. Been putting up with that dumn S*** since the 80s in the comics. Luke Cage was okay, but had a bad third act. Iron Fist was flat out bad. Defenders was alright. One thing they seemed to learn is that 13 eps is TOO long for one of these series, and cut it down to 8. I haven't seen Punisher yet. As for these not being the 'right' Defenders... Defenders was a title that had a BIG rotation of characters. When i started reading, it was Hulk, Dr. Strange, Submariner, and Silver Surfer. then, just 2 issues later, they switched the team completely, and it was Beast, Angel, Iceman, Valkyrie, Moondragon, and Gargoyle. The title never sold well. It was like a second-rate 'Avengers'. So they kept trying different combinations. I had no problem with the lineup they had in the show. Next time, they should add the Daughters of the Dragon (Coleen Wing and Misty Knight) and Hellcat (Trish Walker). And Frank, of course. :D

Someone mentioned The Mist. I loved the movie made a few years back. I tried watching the series, and it was a wretched pile of CW teen drama.

Speaking of CW Drama, I watched Flash for a while, couldn't stand Green Arrow, absolutely loathed Legends of Tomorrow, thought the first few eps of Supergirl were merely okay, I'm pretty much not the target audience for CW, I think.

Tick. I have followed the Tick since the original black and white comic came out in the 80s, and LOVE it. It is perfect, if you like absurd humor.

Expanse. Watched the first season, and was highly entertained. I'm not sure why i haven't hunted down season 2 yet.

Black Mirror. I've only seen the opening ep of this season 'The Calister', the star trek-ish one, and it was one of the best bits of sci-fi I've seen in a LONG time.

Mindhunter: Excellent. I read the book in the early 90s and while fictionalized, it's still an interesting story.

A series I haven't seen mentioned was 'American Horror Story'. Each season is a stand-alone story. I hated season 1, liked season 2 (Asylum), like Season 3 (Coven), Didn't finish season 4 (Freakshow), liked season 5 (Hotel), started the first ep of season 6 (Roanoke) and got no further.

Not on netflix, that i know of, but if you're in to superhero stuff, check out the DC Animated movies. They are almost universally really good (with the exception of 'Son of Batman').

And speaking of that, if you can find it, there are 2 seasons of an animated series called 'Young Justice' which I thought was amazing. I THINK Netflix is working on making a third season.

Jeez, enough yacking from me already.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #145 on: February 20, 2018, 06:24:06 PM
I finished watching Altered Carbon at the weekend,  that's been a great Netflix series

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #146 on: February 21, 2018, 02:05:06 PM
Some thoughts on the thread so far.

First, I LOVED the first couple Netflix Marvel series. Daredevil season 1 and Jessica Jones specifically. I was a bit disappointed that in DD season 2, the best part was Punisher. I am utterly sick to death of Elektra and the Hand. Been putting up with that dumn S*** since the 80s in the comics. Luke Cage was okay, but had a bad third act. Iron Fist was flat out bad. Defenders was alright. One thing they seemed to learn is that 13 eps is TOO long for one of these series, and cut it down to 8. I haven't seen Punisher yet. As for these not being the 'right' Defenders... Defenders was a title that had a BIG rotation of characters. When i started reading, it was Hulk, Dr. Strange, Submariner, and Silver Surfer. then, just 2 issues later, they switched the team completely, and it was Beast, Angel, Iceman, Valkyrie, Moondragon, and Gargoyle. The title never sold well. It was like a second-rate 'Avengers'. So they kept trying different combinations. I had no problem with the lineup they had in the show. Next time, they should add the Daughters of the Dragon (Coleen Wing and Misty Knight) and Hellcat (Trish Walker). And Frank, of course. :D

Someone mentioned The Mist. I loved the movie made a few years back. I tried watching the series, and it was a wretched pile of CW teen drama.

Speaking of CW Drama, I watched Flash for a while, couldn't stand Green Arrow, absolutely loathed Legends of Tomorrow, thought the first few eps of Supergirl were merely okay, I'm pretty much not the target audience for CW, I think.

Tick. I have followed the Tick since the original black and white comic came out in the 80s, and LOVE it. It is perfect, if you like absurd humor.

Expanse. Watched the first season, and was highly entertained. I'm not sure why i haven't hunted down season 2 yet.

Black Mirror. I've only seen the opening ep of this season 'The Calister', the star trek-ish one, and it was one of the best bits of sci-fi I've seen in a LONG time.

Mindhunter: Excellent. I read the book in the early 90s and while fictionalized, it's still an interesting story.

A series I haven't seen mentioned was 'American Horror Story'. Each season is a stand-alone story. I hated season 1, liked season 2 (Asylum), like Season 3 (Coven), Didn't finish season 4 (Freakshow), liked season 5 (Hotel), started the first ep of season 6 (Roanoke) and got no further.

Not on netflix, that i know of, but if you're in to superhero stuff, check out the DC Animated movies. They are almost universally really good (with the exception of 'Son of Batman').

And speaking of that, if you can find it, there are 2 seasons of an animated series called 'Young Justice' which I thought was amazing. I THINK Netflix is working on making a third season.

Jeez, enough yacking from me already.

also a fan of American Horror Story here   :tu:

I recommend the Punisher, so violent  :D and one of the best Marvel series out there, love the action and all the work behind the action scenes!  :gimme:
When they released the newer "The Mist" movie I also fell in love with it (in fact I bought it on DVD, rare thing to do for me) and I quickly got hooked by the same Frank Darabont when he started The Walking Dead, a series I still watch today  :cheers:

Arrow was a 5 episode series for me, couldn't keep watching after that.

And I've been following Black Mirror since episode 1, anxiously waiting for every new season, the last one is very good too (except the robo-dog episode  :P)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:08:48 PM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #147 on: February 23, 2018, 11:11:45 AM
All you drummers out there may like Fred Armisens 'Stand up for Drummers' - v funny plus lots of drumming and some star turns (Tre Cool being one of them).
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #148 on: February 24, 2018, 04:18:46 AM
season 2 of the tick is out.

I watched most of altered carbon, maybe the sound editing needs work, I find myself rewinding it a lot, or they just through in a lot of techno jargon, I think its pretty decent, will finish it up this weekend.

Started watching American Vandal, a mockumentary ala spinal tap, pretty funny so far.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #149 on: February 24, 2018, 06:49:58 PM
Watched the first episode of The Punisher last night , it was really good.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%