Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Netflix Binge Thread

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Re: Netflix Binge Thread
Reply #330 on: February 12, 2019, 07:14:17 AM
Wayne..........."from the guy that wrote Deadpool"
 :rofl:
Definitely NFSV but it makes me laugh, and more importantly it makes me think....

• No Life Club
Reply #331 on: February 12, 2019, 07:14:47 AM
Project Blue Book  :cheers:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #332 on: February 13, 2019, 04:28:22 PM
Russian Doll - 9/10 - brilliant idea brilliantly executed. Watching it for a second time to check out stuff I missed first time round.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #333 on: February 13, 2019, 07:53:50 PM
Bodyguard, I sure hope there will be season 2!  :cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #334 on: February 13, 2019, 07:55:14 PM
Tho I do love all the British crime/police/thriller series...  :pok:

Currently doing Aussie series though, on Amazon Prime Video... Rush
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

• No Life Club
Reply #335 on: February 15, 2019, 09:56:09 AM
Watched the first episode of Weird City last night..............weird series!  :think:

I'm a bit torn, the first "love scene" had me  :rofl:, but the behavior, dialogue etc etc is so far from normal....as per the alternative universe where the story is set.....that it leaves me a bit cold.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #336 on: February 15, 2019, 09:20:35 PM
damn too much stuff to check out...I started watching Umbrella Academy but fell asleep halfway through first episode, will post review later this weekend. Looks pretty good, based off a dark horse comic
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:22:09 PM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

• No Life Club
Reply #337 on: February 18, 2019, 09:03:24 AM
Watched the pilot of Doom Patrol last night, looking forward to the rest.

Doom Patrol was one of my favourites growing up, that said I only had a few comics that I found at a 2nd hand book store, the art was some of my favourite of all comic books but I never got the whole story.

:cheers:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #338 on: February 18, 2019, 10:44:08 AM

Doom Patrol was one of my favourites growing up, that said I only had a few comics that I found at a 2nd hand book store, the art was some of my favourite of all comic books but I never got the whole story.

Do You need a separate service to watch that? I was looking at it on IMDB the other day but couldn't figure out where to view it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 10:45:10 AM by Blackbeard »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #339 on: February 18, 2019, 02:23:10 PM
Just started watching Sisters - an Australian drama/comedy - gripping!

• No Life Club
Reply #340 on: February 19, 2019, 09:11:40 AM

Do You need a separate service to watch that? I was looking at it on IMDB the other day but couldn't figure out where to view it.

Torrents only for me.......3rd world pirate out of necessity   :viking:

• No Life Club
Reply #341 on: February 20, 2019, 06:54:02 AM
.I started watching Umbrella Academy but fell asleep halfway through first episode

And who can blame you  :facepalm:

Liked the first episode, but lots of nap-time potential.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #342 on: February 20, 2019, 12:00:10 PM
.I started watching Umbrella Academy but fell asleep halfway through first episode

And who can blame you  :facepalm:

Liked the first episode, but lots of nap-time potential.

Yeah I fell asleep a few times during a few episodes(but I cant say if it was just my late night viewing habits or the writing)and had to rewind a bunch but i did enjoy it. It starts off kinda slow and has a watchmen feel with present day characters and past day backstory unlike most origin first superhero stuff. Thought it was better then some of the snoozefest netflix Marvel shows, most of them have been canceled anyways.

Decent special effects and interesting soundtrack....7/10

• No Life Club
Reply #343 on: February 21, 2019, 08:21:15 AM
and interesting soundtrack....7/10

Really liked that scene with them all dancing at the end.....that probably hooked me  8)

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #344 on: March 01, 2019, 10:04:14 AM
Been having a hard time finding shows to watch in between rewatching "Supernatural" seasons out of order, so I tried Ken Jeong's comedy special, "lets see if this is funny" I said to myself...2 brutal days later of watching in 20 minute increments my answer is no, no it is not. There's basically one joke about his wife's name, and then him name dropping endlessly and making "The Hangover" references and bragging about his bank account and medical degree. I don't think I laughed once.
1/10 yes thats not a typo, it's that bad, I give him one point for being articulate  ::)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 10:06:47 AM by Blackbeard »

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #345 on: March 01, 2019, 10:11:07 AM
Been having a hard time finding shows to watch in between rewatching "Supernatural" seasons out of order, so I tried Ken Jeong's comedy special, "lets see if this is funny" I said to myself...2 brutal days later of watching in 20 minute increments my answer is no, no it is not. There's basically one joke about his wife's name, and then him name dropping endlessly and making "The Hangover" references and bragging about his bank account and medical degree. I don't think I laughed once.
1/10 yes thats not a typo, it's that bad, I give him one point for being articulate  ::)
Such a shame! I didn't get any further than the trailer. Pity because I love him in Community and his bit part in The Office - beautifully deranged.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #346 on: March 01, 2019, 10:28:09 AM
Yeah Mags, I forgot about community, that was a good show, if you are looking for a comedy special I think I posted a few in this thread that were really funny, but if someone else wants to check this one out, would be interesting to see their opinion...I looked on IMDB page of this just now and many are saying the same tho, I think if if Netflix hadn't promoted it as stand up comedy and maybe like a storyteller thing it might have had more traction to some.

• No Life Club
Reply #347 on: March 01, 2019, 11:39:03 AM

Watched a podcast this week where they mentioned how unfunny some very popular shows are without the "laughter track"  :think:

Knowing this might just spoil at least two shows completely.......and make me feel like an idiot.  :facepalm:

• No Life Club
Reply #348 on: March 01, 2019, 11:44:42 AM
Don't think I've mentioned Deadly Class before.....

Interesting (and violent) series, up to episode 7 and now I feel like things need to start happening......character introductions are over....

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #349 on: March 01, 2019, 11:50:28 AM
Watched a podcast this week where they mentioned how unfunny some very popular shows are without the "laughter track"  :think:

Knowing this might just spoil at least two shows completely.......and make me feel like an idiot.  :facepalm:

If your talking about big bang theory, I've heard that b4, I don't agree, it's funny either way.

• No Life Club
Reply #350 on: March 05, 2019, 08:51:57 AM
If your talking about big bang theory, I've heard that b4, I don't agree, it's funny either way.

Are we watching the same podcasts?

IIRC they mentioned Chuck Lorre shows in general, not sure, but obv iously thought of TBBT immediately. It is funny for sure, but I still would like to experience it without the laughter track....

• No Life Club
Reply #351 on: April 10, 2019, 09:58:44 AM
Knightfall season 2 is running, okay so far.

There was a musical section in Doom Patrol S01E08 that is rather excellent IMO  :rofl:

Barry the assassin is also back for a second season, some lighthearted dark humor  :cheers:

• No Life Club
Reply #352 on: April 10, 2019, 10:01:52 AM
 :oops:
Just thought of the list of shows that I've basically stopped watching mid-sentence  :facepalm:

The Blacklist
Supergirl
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Gotham

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #353 on: April 11, 2019, 12:19:43 AM
:oops:
Just thought of the list of shows that I've basically stopped watching mid-sentence  :facepalm:

The Blacklist
Supergirl
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Gotham

Yeah it's a sad time when you find Supernatural more believable than the blacklist, stopped watching a few years ago.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #354 on: April 15, 2019, 08:09:55 AM
"You Vs. Wild"

A choose your own type adventure with Bear Grylls,  use your streaming remote and make choices throughout the episode and see where it ends up(Like Bandersnatch)Caught the first episode, enjoyed making him opt for the most treacherous paths or eating a disgusting fat and squishy grub, had me  :rofl: .Whatever your stand on Bear...Love/hate, it's fun to play god in a limited fashion

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #355 on: April 16, 2019, 06:42:34 AM
Anybody check out the new BBC/David Attenborough "Our Planet"? Great cinematography, what HD shows are supposed to look like. I think I said "oh snap" for the first time in my life while watching a group of Walruses falling down a cliff onto a rocky shore.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #356 on: April 16, 2019, 06:47:02 AM
Watching the OA right now.. pretty interesting so far

Watched S1 and the new S2 last week, good Sci-fi, some parts a little slow, but worth checking out

• No Life Club
Reply #357 on: April 16, 2019, 09:14:04 AM
Anybody check out the new BBC/David Attenborough "Our Planet"? Great cinematography, what HD shows are supposed to look like. I think I said "oh snap" for the first time in my life while watching a group of Walruses falling down a cliff onto a rocky shore.

Not sure I want to see that.....or emaciated polar bears  :cry:

• No Life Club
Reply #358 on: April 16, 2019, 09:14:58 AM
Anybody watching Barry?

Assassins can be very funny, show seems to have found it's stride in S2  :salute:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #359 on: April 16, 2019, 11:00:54 AM
the bears were pretty normal looking, the shows theme is about changing climates and environments and mankinds impact on nature. there's nothing too shocking in the first 3 episodes besides the walrus. It's really a beautifully filmed program, but similar to "Planet Earth"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%