Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Netflix Binge Thread

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Netflix Binge Thread
Reply #360 on: May 02, 2019, 07:37:07 AM
This thread is losing steam faster than a tea kettle  :dunno:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #361 on: May 02, 2019, 09:40:51 AM
I've been watching the newest season of The Curse of Oak Island.

It has so many of the properties of reality tv that I hate, but somehow it has me hooked.

I don't have much time anymore, I'm ditching shows I used to like.....as mentioned previously.

Watched part of an Into the Badlands episode and I doubt I'll watch another.....

Youtube is taking over most of that viewing time, even though most of the channels I enjoy are demonetized and complaining about the current state of affairs....

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #362 on: May 02, 2019, 09:54:21 AM
I've been watching the newest season of The Curse of Oak Island.

It has so many of the properties of reality tv that I hate, but somehow it has me hooked.

I don't have much time anymore, I'm ditching shows I used to like.....as mentioned previously.

Watched part of an Into the Badlands episode and I doubt I'll watch another.....

Youtube is taking over most of that viewing time, even though most of the channels I enjoy are demonetized and complaining about the current state of affairs....

I've been watching a lot of you tube also, I get sucked into the rabbit hole for like 4 hours at a time,find myself bouncing around knife reviews, Leatherman free reviews, crazy science experiments, physics & astronomy, music, comedy, guy crushing things in hydraulic press, ridiculous flat earth & other conspiracies being debunked by scimandan, slo mo guys vids, more knife and MT reviews, Bill Burr laying into people, Gordon Ramsey eating hot wings and cursing for an hour....and that was just in one sitting  :ahhh

• No Life Club
Reply #363 on: May 02, 2019, 11:43:31 AM
Knife reviews, knife making and forging videos, Ben G Thomas, History Mystery I & II

Most of them I'm learning and being entertained.......can't argues with that  :salute:

• No Life Club
Reply #364 on: May 02, 2019, 02:12:24 PM
Some of the new Twilight Zone episodes have been good....

What We Do In The Shadows is hilarious  :rofl: 

• No Life Club
Reply #365 on: May 20, 2019, 07:54:11 AM
If your talking about big bang theory, I've heard that b4, I don't agree, it's funny either way.

I keep remembering what you said every time I laughed during the last few episodes....... :cry: turns out it was the last few episodes
 :drink:
Thanks for all the laughs, I started watching TBBT in 2009 and at that stage I needed every laugh I could get.  :hatsoff:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #366 on: May 21, 2019, 01:47:17 AM
cool, been saving the last episode and this season of GOT on dvr(so I have been avoiding that thread) Yeah I have had a lot of laughs from big bang. I've also have had a really dismal year or two, so I'm sorry to see it go, anything to take me away from my crappy reality is welcome.

• No Life Club
Reply #367 on: May 22, 2019, 12:44:42 PM
Barry 10/10

I've mentioned this show before, second season just ended, and this is one of the funniest and most entertaining shows out there.

:salute:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #368 on: May 23, 2019, 03:25:43 AM
Barry 10/10

I've mentioned this show before, second season just ended, and this is one of the funniest and most entertaining shows out there.

Cool, will check it out  :salute:

I mentioned "Patriot" awhile back if you can find it with your piratey ways give it a shot, really good.

Might have to close this thread and start a new one..."BB & GG Watching Stuff"  :rofl: seems like we are the only ones still posting here.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 03:31:09 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

• No Life Club
Reply #369 on: May 23, 2019, 12:39:25 PM

Might have to close this thread and start a new one..."BB & GG Watching Stuff"  :rofl: seems like we are the only ones still posting here.

:rofl:
Looks about right!

• No Life Club
Reply #370 on: May 27, 2019, 08:54:29 AM
Chernobyl 8/10 so far  :salute:

Growing up where and when I did we were a bit isolated from the world for political reasons.

What I knew about Chernobyl came from a magazine that was in 99% of households those days.  I remember fearing that radioactive cloud........

Few episodes in and the story has come alive for me.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #371 on: May 31, 2019, 08:59:05 AM
Last Big Bang was pretty good, then there was a followup show with the cast members, pretty interesting, and they showed that the series was filmed in front of a studio audience, so those sites that talk about a laugh track must have gotten their info wrong  :think: or just hating on the success  :dunno:

"Good Omens" with Dr. Who's David Tennant on prime looks interesting, lots of good user reviews on IMDB, but limited metacritic score average at 61, so not sure what to think, will give it a try and report back.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #372 on: June 02, 2019, 07:03:43 AM
I got a few episodes of "Good Omens" watched, it's written by Neil Gaiman and does have a very comic booky feel, also reminiscent of Hitchhikers Guide books with a lot of narration laid over the scenes. I do find some issues with some of the mumbled British accent dialogue which I have to rewind to hear it again, but that might just be a USA persons problem. It's not a show that's groundbreaking, feel like there's a lot of borrowed ideas from "Supernatural"

There is also an air of smugness to the writing but I may also be misconceiving things, will have a better notion after I finish it up. If anybody besides Gerhard is still reading this thread.... I haven't a clue anymore   :dunno::rofl: I could probably post 10 paragraphs of random keyboard mashes and nobody would notice.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #373 on: June 03, 2019, 05:15:53 AM
I'd give it a 6.5/10 for "Good Omens" Wasn't great, but not terrible, a mashup of "Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy + "Supernatural" + "Dr. Who" but with a lot of Hammy acting, decent special effects and good soundtrack(A lot of Queen)

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #374 on: June 03, 2019, 06:59:25 AM
I'd give it a 6.5/10 for "Good Omens" Wasn't great, but not terrible, a mashup of "Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy + "Supernatural" + "Dr. Who" but with a lot of Hammy acting, decent special effects and good soundtrack(A lot of Queen)

I thought it was goofy, unrealistic, written by a lunatic, completely sophomoric, moronic and completely enjoyable. It is absolutely DUMB, I loved it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hatsoff:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 07:18:01 AM by Butch »
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

• No Life Club
Reply #375 on: June 03, 2019, 08:23:06 AM
Hmmmmmmm, I was about to say...

It was on Netflix......

I binged it.......

I loved it!  :woohoo:

Good Omens 11/10  :cheers:

It was one of my favourite books ever, Prachet easily got too much for me and Gaiman tempered the story nicely.  It was too many years ago to remember how accurate it is to the book, but I think they did a great job.

Tentant gave a masterful performance  :cheers:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #376 on: June 03, 2019, 09:25:46 AM
Barry 10/10

I’m on S1 episode 4, really good,  :cheers: GG

• No Life Club
Reply #377 on: June 03, 2019, 12:45:02 PM
I’m on S1 episode 4, really good,  :cheers: GG

Well enjoy, you are in for a treat season 2.

• No Life Club
Reply #378 on: June 04, 2019, 08:55:44 AM
Watched the pilot of Swamp Thing and it looks good....we shall see,,,,,

:popcorn: :popcorn:
I'm very tired, got to bed very late......thanks to.....

NOS4A2
 :woohoo:

I can honestly say nothing has caught me like this since Stranger Things, got up to episode 4 last night and let's just say I know what I'm watching tonight.

Highly recommended  :salute:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #379 on: June 11, 2019, 11:34:50 AM
"Historical Roasts"  :facepalm:/10
Painfully bad and unfunny, based on 2 episodes, i can't continue, what a train wreck, there's a lot of good comedy on Netflix, but avoid this one like the plague

• No Life Club
Reply #380 on: June 12, 2019, 08:14:00 AM
The Hot Zone 7/10

5-part mini series "inspired by true events".....mildly entertaining.

• No Life Club
Reply #381 on: June 19, 2019, 10:16:44 AM
Jett - watched the first episode and it was very good, felt like I was watching a movie.......a bit SNL but  :cheers:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #382 on: June 20, 2019, 08:46:03 AM
Dang, I don't have access to any of those shows, saw swamp thing was cancelled.

• No Life Club
Reply #383 on: June 20, 2019, 09:42:39 AM
Dang, I don't have access to any of those shows, saw swamp thing was cancelled.
:facepalm: :think:
Why would they cancel it???

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #384 on: June 20, 2019, 10:37:49 AM
not sure, saw a blurb on CNN, I would still like to check it out based on your recommendation, I remember reading the Alan Moore written comics when I was a kid, they were very good.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #385 on: July 04, 2019, 11:27:11 AM
Spiderman Into The Spiderverse 9/10

Starts a little slow, but the animation is fantastic, really like watching a comic book, blows away most of the other Marvel shows that I crapped on earlier in this thread  :tu:

• No Life Club
Reply #386 on: July 04, 2019, 11:37:13 AM
not sure, saw a blurb on CNN, I would still like to check it out based on your recommendation, I remember reading the Alan Moore written comics when I was a kid, they were very good.

I couldn't get through episode 5.....maybe that's why it got canned  :facepalm:

• No Life Club
Reply #387 on: July 04, 2019, 11:38:10 AM
Spiderman Into The Spiderverse 9/10

Starts a little slow, but the animation is fantastic, really like watching a comic book, blows away most of the other Marvel shows that I crapped on earlier in this thread  :tu:

I think I've got it, but I rarely watch animated stuff anymore....will give it a try.

• No Life Club
Reply #388 on: July 04, 2019, 11:41:33 AM
Catch 22 - 7/10

Very funny and very entertaining, but also very disturbing at times and as a whole.

It's the story of a bomber crew member in WWII that tries to get out alive  :salute:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #389 on: July 05, 2019, 01:50:46 AM
Stranger Things Season 3 is out today  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31