Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Today's Kershaw Haul

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Today's Kershaw Haul
on: October 01, 2017, 08:53:47 AM
I work in an Antique/FleaMarket and we have some characters that come in and sell stuff all the time. One fellow is a Kershaw knife nut, and he brings me his old knives that he has gotten tired of or need some serious cleaning/reshaping/adjusting/tightening. He sells them for pennies on the dollar, because of the condition.
The five he brought are a USA 1730 Martin Design flipper, USA 1910 RD assisted flipper, USA 1670RDSTSO assisted peg, an early Japan made Kershaw 2415ST, and China 1035 Hinderer keychain knife.
The 1730 and 1910 cleaned up great and look new. Disassembled, cleaned, lubed and adjusted them this evening. Going in the Kershaw collection. The 1670 is beat up pretty well, but has a good blade, so it'll be put into my yard work edc kit.
The Japan made Kershaw feels really cheap and is only ground on one side. Probably going to give that one to a friend. The little 1035 will go in the keychain knife cigar box for general use.

The three big ones are Snap-On branded USA made Kershaws. I really really like the 3-D milled blade on the 1730! Very unique!

I picturee them with my other Kershaw knives for a better idea of size an blade shape.
20171001_013230-1.jpeg
* 20171001_013230-1.jpeg (Filesize: 84.04 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Today's Kershaw Haul
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 11:56:59 AM
the second one from the top is not a blur?

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 01:33:07 PM
I think the blur has a bottle opener on the back opposite the blade pivot.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 04:48:09 PM
the bottom one looks like the mighty "Chill", a truly excellent Kershaw model    :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 05:02:58 PM

Not, it's not.

Show content
I can see it quite clearly...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 07:30:59 PM

Not, it's not.

Show content
I can see it quite clearly...

:whistle:

:facepalm:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 10:46:50 PM
the bottom one looks like the mighty "Chill", a truly excellent Kershaw model    :like:
Thank ya!
My new fav Kershaw. The machine blade is something I had not seen before. :)

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 12:59:26 AM
Thank ya!
I have to agree... I picked up a new Chill recently as well, and it has quickly become my favorite Kershaw. :tu:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 02:37:53 AM
Thank ya!
I have to agree... I picked up a new Chill recently as well, and it has quickly become my favorite Kershaw. :tu:
Heck yeah man! :cheers:

Offline Knifehunter84

• New User
Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 08:35:04 PM
Hey whats going on bud? Inwas wondering if you would consider selling both your 1910 and red 1730 snapon? I am a big kershaw collector but more importantly i collect just the 1910's and the 1730 Grooves. I found a black 1730 snap on two weeks ago which i didnt even know existed. I didnt even knownthe snap on version existed period! Once ibshowed off the black one everyone was amazed bc they also didnt know it existed in black that is. They thought it was only done in red. Anyways, it would be great if i could add it to my collection and then I would only need the VIB version and the grey version to complete my collection. I missed out on a black 1910 snap on last month which i was kind of upset about! You had said you took these apart to clean and lube them up? Was it easy disassemble and reassemble the 1910? If you want to do a cash/trade kind if deal i am open to that too. I may have something youve been looking for. I have hundreds of knives, Not just Kershaws. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing fron you.
Have a good day,
Brian

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31