Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

That feeling when you don't have a knife on your person

Steinar · 107 · 5122

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: That feeling when you don't have a knife on your person
Reply #60 on: January 06, 2018, 11:02:12 PM
Uh... not exactly That bad!

Speak for yourself.

Knife free is trust free. And it doesn't suggest you, your possessions or what your civil rights are likely to be respected, either. Instead, expect to be considered a child, or a slave, by the people who make the rules. Or that they just assume you're a criminal. Either way, no knives, damn little chance of a Raven.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #61 on: January 06, 2018, 11:42:37 PM
Uh... not exactly That bad!

Speak for yourself.

Knife free is trust free. And it doesn't suggest you, your possessions or what your civil rights are likely to be respected, either. Instead, expect to be considered a child, or a slave, by the people who make the rules. Or that they just assume you're a criminal. Either way, no knives, damn little chance of a Raven.

:like: :like:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline gregpost

Reply #62 on: January 07, 2018, 12:02:43 AM
I feel like I'm missing something for sure, with no multitool. Carrying a knife alone does nothing for me.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:05:12 AM by gregpost »

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #63 on: January 07, 2018, 04:13:48 AM
Feeling = oh for lord sake, ah......WTF, maybe, no, I could.... I give up, but my, no that won't work... how about a sharp, na..   need a knife... honey, where's my..  never mind... Where the heck is my Spartan?  the red plastic knife thing. :ahhh
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:15:47 AM by TonySal »
join KNIFE RIGHTS

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: January 07, 2018, 01:53:21 PM
Yep, same here. I need those screwdrivers, pliers, awl and all... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #65 on: January 07, 2018, 04:13:19 PM
I've said it before... I always keep at least a Spartan in the Jeep for those running-late, disoriented mornings when I forget to grab a SAK on my way out.... at any rate, I would rather forget my phone than my SAK.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline TonySal

Reply #66 on: February 03, 2018, 02:05:20 AM
Hey yes, I know, hearing at work- is Tony in today? If he could just (cut, tighten etc) and I slink away to my hole in the wall office because I forgot the SAK......  :ahhh

join KNIFE RIGHTS

Offline lew

Reply #67 on: February 03, 2018, 02:14:07 AM
I went to a funeral today and was wearing dress pants.  Didn't want to belt carry anything and didn't want any bulges, so I left the Rebar in the car and carried my SAK Climber.  The first thing I did when I got to the car was put the Rebar in my pocket.  What's wrong with me?

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #68 on: February 03, 2018, 02:49:59 AM
I've said it before... I always keep at least a Spartan in the Jeep for those running-late, disoriented mornings when I forget to grab a SAK on my way out.... at any rate, I would rather forget my phone than my SAK.
Funny, I have a Spartan in the car glovebox. It wasn't intended for there - it's just where it's ended up! Now, somehow, I find it hard imagine it not being there. Crazy. A backup to the Tourist that tends to live in one of the compartments between the front seats? ???

I also have a Climber that in my time has almost never seen life outside the kitchen. However, it's used there almost daily.
Rambler

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #69 on: February 03, 2018, 06:59:24 AM
I went to a funeral today and was wearing dress pants.  Didn't want to belt carry anything and didn't want any bulges, so I left the Rebar in the car and carried my SAK Climber.  The first thing I did when I got to the car was put the Rebar in my pocket.  What's wrong with me?
Nothing wrong, you love your Rebar.

I was at a funeral last Saturday, wearing slacks and what not.. Went in with a Cadet and replaced it with the climber when I got back in the car.

“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

ca Offline GuacamoleBay

Reply #70 on: February 03, 2018, 07:50:27 AM
That;s is why i'm not into nudism, because should I be naked there is no descent way to store a knife.  :gimme:

You can store a knife, it's just not fun...

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #71 on: February 03, 2018, 10:42:46 AM
That;s is why i'm not into nudism, because should I be naked there is no descent way to store a knife.  :gimme:

You all are forgetting the option of a small backpack or comfy belt with pouch.  :facepalm:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #72 on: February 03, 2018, 02:01:58 PM

You all are forgetting the option of a small backpack or comfy belt with pouch.  :facepalm:

or necklace... ???
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline TonySal

Reply #73 on: February 03, 2018, 04:13:43 PM

I was at a funeral last Saturday, wearing slacks and what not.. Went in with a Cadet and replaced it with the climber when I got back in the car.
Rebar?  :think:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #74 on: February 03, 2018, 07:46:18 PM

Rebar?  :think:

Did a google, Holy $$#%, must be intetesting to make.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #75 on: February 03, 2018, 07:48:09 PM

or necklace... ???

Picture a naked person with a Swiss Champ as a necker...  :rofl:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

ca Offline GuacamoleBay

Reply #76 on: February 06, 2018, 05:49:59 AM

Well my CS Espada XL doesn't fit in a fannypack so I make do with what I've got!

nl Offline Mactire404

• There's a SAK for that!
Reply #77 on: March 25, 2018, 01:44:05 AM
Well, I got to work last week and realised I forgot to put on my pants  :o
But it could've been worse. I was glad I didn't forget my SAK! :whistle:
My SAK collection and more: http://pocketknives.home.blog

us Offline TonySal

Reply #78 on: March 25, 2018, 02:29:50 PM
Well, I got to work last week and realised I forgot to put on my pants  :o
But it could've been worse. I was glad I didn't forget my SAK! :whistle:

Dont know how you carried it but yes, pants only do 2 or 3 things,  SAKs do more! 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:54:49 PM by TonySal »
join KNIFE RIGHTS

ca Offline Walley

Reply #79 on: March 25, 2018, 03:49:13 PM
over the years I have found that any time a piece of my EDC is not with me, is exactly the time that I am going to need it.
it never fails! I think it's part of Murphy's Law.
last week I left my flashlight on my night stand when I went to work and within the 1st hour of my day I went to reach for it twice! so I went home and got it.
on Friday I purposely left my extra hex bits and circuit tester I carry in a separate sheath because I figured I didn't need it that day for what I had panned... but of course I didn't make it halfway through the day without needing it and cursing myself.
same goes with SAK selection. if I bring one with pliers, that almost guarantees that I am going to need scissors instead at some point.

of course leaving something home is one thing. but putting your hand on your hip and feeling something is missing is a whole other feeling altogether. pretty much the same feeling as losing your cell phone or wallet.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #80 on: March 25, 2018, 04:22:42 PM
Indeed!  I'd rather leave my phone than my SAK at home!

I've upgraded the Jeep with a Classic, Ambassador, and Spartan for those just-in-case situations... you know, just in case I need a knife or just in case I need to give some sad, SAKless person, their first SAK.  :D

us Offline TonySal

Reply #81 on: March 25, 2018, 04:34:07 PM
Indeed!  I'd rather leave my phone than my SAK at home!

I've upgraded the Jeep with a Classic, Ambassador, and Spartan for those just-in-case situations... you know, just in case I need a knife or just in case I need to give some sad, SAKless person, their first SAK.  :D
:cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #82 on: April 12, 2018, 01:44:02 AM
Just experienced it... days on end not needing... needed a SAK at least 3 times today but left it home!   :rant:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #83 on: April 12, 2018, 10:02:39 AM
That's just awlful,  Tony!  How could you???

I'm in the process of moving and I'm going to be staying out of town for 4 days so I set out a Spartan, a soldier, and Explorer, and a climber along with a manager, a midnight manager, and an alox classic. Hopefully those will get me by for the next few days. Just can't forget my bag!

us Offline TonySal

Reply #84 on: April 12, 2018, 11:23:50 PM
That's just awlful,  Tony!  How could you???

I'm in the process of moving and I'm going to be staying out of town for 4 days so I set out a Spartan, a soldier, and Explorer, and a climber along with a manager, a midnight manager, and an alox classic. Hopefully those will get me by for the next few days. Just can't forget my bag!
I just admitted to a Knights offense, but woth hope others will not err as I did !
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: April 13, 2018, 06:15:21 AM
I have to go to the local county courthouse every so often, which also has a number of county admin offices including the county clerk, property records, the county tax assessor, voting records and absentee voting in person, etc. It's an old-fashioned 19th Century stone building on a square in (what used to be) the dead center of the city. Getting through the door is like going through airport security now. Remove belt, shoes, empty all pockets, take off anything metal and all briefcases, along with pocket contents (including wallet) must go through X-ray and physical examination. Forget you're carrying a SAK, even a Classic SD or SwissCard, and you'll be detained by the local sheriff's deputies for God only knows how long while you try to talk your way out of being arrested. Some serious events have occurred there over the years, including a recent one in which a guy nearly killed the mother of his alleged daughter, with just his fists and the heavy shoes on his feet. They've got absolutely zero tolerance now. I avoid going there in person whenever possible. I keep hoping they move the admin offices to an annex, but probably won't happen in my lifetime, and the building will probably still be there for millennium or more.

Sans SAK feels completely unprepared and defenseless, just like the airport or the local courthouse.

John

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #86 on: April 25, 2018, 06:27:01 PM
Work brought me to the courthouse this morning...  I was sure to remember to take off the classic sd on the keychain.   Got halfway to the entrance when I realized that el Highlander was still in the pocket.

Glad I remembered but if there's any bombs that need diffusing, we're awl corkscrewed.

us Offline TonySal

Reply #87 on: April 25, 2018, 07:35:24 PM
Work brought me to the courthouse this morning...  I was sure to remember to take off the classic sd on the keychain.   Got halfway to the entrance when I realized that el Highlander was still in the pocket.

Glad I remembered but if there's any bombs that need diffusing, we're awl corkscrewed.
...then there was the time Tony thought it cool to take a stand and carry the Benchmade 550, until he saw the metal detectors and security with no sense of humor.
Turned my self in, got dirty looks. Knife returned on the way out...  :whistle:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:24:34 PM by TonySal »
join KNIFE RIGHTS

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #88 on: April 25, 2018, 07:48:37 PM
Having a knife at work is gross misconduct now, punishable by instant dismissal, so I'd better get used to the feeling...

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: April 25, 2018, 07:58:04 PM
When I forget my knife at home I feel like a 2-year old whose blankie is in the washer.  :ahhh

I haven't read the last two page of the thread yet but couldn't move past this without quoting it, it's so true!

Like the kid with the blanket, to be frank, it's not logical. Heck I didn't carry a knife for the majority of my life and didn't notice particularly. Ditto flashlight and MT. Having the stuff makes life easier, not possible.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%