Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

That feeling when you don't have a knife on your person

Steinar · 107 · 5348

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Re: That feeling when you don't have a knife on your person
Reply #90 on: April 25, 2018, 08:20:30 PM
Having a knife at work is gross misconduct now, punishable by instant dismissal, so I'd better get used to the feeling...
Yup, just got policy change too....
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #91 on: April 25, 2018, 10:00:21 PM
Having a knife at work is gross misconduct now, punishable by instant dismissal, so I'd better get used to the feeling...

I truly feel for ya,  bro.   Thats smurfn ludicrous
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #92 on: April 26, 2018, 02:04:39 PM
 :salute:

I'm not totally anti, TBH.  Nothing to do with legislation/crime/etc - but too many self-inflicted injuries brought about by muppets on the factory floor doing things they're not supposed to. :facepalm:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #93 on: April 26, 2018, 02:09:26 PM

I'm not totally anti, TBH.  Nothing to do with legislation/crime/etc - but too many self-inflicted injuries brought about by muppets on the factory floor doing things they're not supposed to. :facepalm:
What's management doing employing muppets anyways? That's just asking for trouble.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline TonySal

Reply #94 on: April 27, 2018, 12:21:33 AM
Oh Tony, can you open this with that little red knife?
Hey, can you tighten this with that Swiss knife thing?
Nope, Im going to lunch, handle it...............  :)
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #95 on: April 27, 2018, 01:14:20 AM
 :rofl:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #96 on: April 27, 2018, 01:25:40 AM
but too many self-inflicted injuries brought about by muppets on the factory floor doing things they're not supposed to. :facepalm:

Honest accidents honestly happen, even to smart and careful people. If you're stupid enough to screw around and hurt yourself, however, I also expect you to be too stupid to be in any kind of factory. It's a worker safety issue, it's a customer safety issue, it's a company reputation issue, it's a profitability issue. RIF 'em.

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #97 on: April 27, 2018, 01:32:17 AM
Retrieval-induced forgetting?  Requirements interchange format?  Royal Irish Fusiliers! :tu:

us Offline TonySal

Reply #98 on: April 28, 2018, 01:39:20 AM
Day 2 but Friday  :rant:
I really could have a little Classic but its the principle....
Spartan Saturday & Sunday, here at last.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #99 on: April 28, 2018, 05:58:57 AM
Had the “no knife” feeling today for the first time in a long time. Had to go to a courthouse and did not bring any of my EDC items with me with the exception of my flashlight and spacepen. I felt so naked and unprepared yet so light and nimble.  :facepalm: :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #100 on: April 28, 2018, 11:57:04 PM
Retrieval-induced forgetting?  Requirements interchange format?  Royal Irish Fusiliers! :tu:

Reduction
In
Force

Technically, it's like a layoff but more permanent, so thus no recall benefits. In practice, it's a fancy, politically correct, snowflake friendly way of saying "fire their arse!". If you're too stupid to be entrusted with a knife, I don't want you in or near my shop. Not because you can't be trusted with a knife, but because you're so stupid you're dangerous to everyone around you.

Then again, if you can't be trusted with a knife, you should not be trusted with anything terribly dangerous. Like motor vehicles, computers, anything flammable, any object over 11 pounds (5 kilos), more than an inch of water, electricity, ladders, a ballot or oxygenated compounds and mixtures.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:00:35 AM by ironraven »
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline TonySal

Reply #101 on: April 29, 2018, 01:09:33 AM
...I remember RIF ... disgrace my brother...

Reduction
In
Force

Technically, it's like a layoff but more permanent, so thus no recall benefits. In practice, it's a fancy, politically correct, snowflake friendly way of saying "fire their arse!". If you're too stupid to be entrusted with a knife, I don't want you in or near my shop. Not because you can't be trusted with a knife, but because you're so stupid you're dangerous to everyone around you.

Then again, if you can't be trusted with a knife, you should not be trusted with anything terribly dangerous. Like motor vehicles, computers, anything flammable, any object over 11 pounds (5 kilos), more than an inch of water, electricity, ladders, a ballot or oxygenated compounds and mixtures.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #102 on: April 29, 2018, 01:11:39 AM
Day 2 but Friday  :rant:
I really could have a little Classic but its the principle....
Spartan Saturday & Sunday, here at last.
No, correction from my previous- I will have a slim, like 111 in my back pocket.....
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: April 29, 2018, 01:15:30 AM

LOL :D

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #104 on: April 29, 2018, 01:55:52 PM
Then again, if you can't be trusted with a knife, you should not be trusted with anything terribly dangerous. Like motor vehicles, computers, anything flammable, any object over 11 pounds (5 kilos), more than an inch of water, electricity, ladders, a ballot or oxygenated compounds and mixtures...

...adhesives, strong tape, hand tools, shovels, box cutters, fire extinguishers, wires, rope, cables, glass, chemicals, jewelry, precision instruments, light bulbs, gas, smoke, children, animals, lasers, staplers, nail guns, power drills, chainsaws,  table saws, grinders, hydraulic systems, steam, canned gas, aerosols, paint, acids, dyers, paper shredders, syringes, chains, and alarms

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #105 on: April 29, 2018, 03:51:52 PM
Then again, if you can't be trusted with a knife, you should not be trusted with anything terribly dangerous. Like motor vehicles, computers, anything flammable, any object over 11 pounds (5 kilos), more than an inch of water, electricity, ladders, a ballot or oxygenated compounds and mixtures...

...adhesives, strong tape, hand tools, shovels, box cutters, fire extinguishers, wires, rope, cables, glass, chemicals, jewelry, precision instruments, light bulbs, gas, smoke, children, animals, lasers, staplers, nail guns, power drills, chainsaws,  table saws, grinders, hydraulic systems, steam, canned gas, aerosols, paint, acids, dyers, paper shredders, syringes, chains, and alarms

:like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline TonySal

Reply #106 on: April 29, 2018, 03:58:53 PM

:like:
Especially a ballot!    :tu:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68