Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bluetooth headphones

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Bluetooth headphones
Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 06:13:00 AM
I've been looking into this off and on for a while. I have a set of over ear Panasonic RF wireless headphones I use for watching TV when the wife goes to bed or vise versa.

Problem #1 - They lose RF sync every time I put them on the charger, so I have to retune using the dial on the headphones EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Problem #2 - The contacts on the volume control are dirty as heck, and you get a lot of crackle/noise loss of one side volume while trying to adjust it.
Problem #3 - After about 5-15 sec of silence from the TV (paused or media searching) they go into low power mode and I get a head full of static noise full blast, which means you have to pop them off and on again which wouldn't be so much of an issue if it wasn't for:
Problem #4 - Headphone band plastic creak. Move a millimeter, experience deafening headphone creak, or depending on the amount of movement, creak-symphony (which is so bloodly loud it almost defeats the purpose of using headphones)

I'm torn between getting a bluetooth transmitter and a receiver and using the skullcandy buds I already have and love or just a transmitter and getting some new bluetooth headphones like those otium.  :ahhh :bnghd:

theres a BT transmitter/receiver I saw by taotronics in a single device: https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless/dp/B01IV1H1ME/ref=pd_ybh_a_59?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NZ0MVAQSJM005CTE0CXF

granted you would still need a pair of BT headphones or one of the tiny receivers i posted, but its a pretty cool device
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:39:42 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 08:38:58 AM
I've been looking into this off and on for a while. I have a set of over ear Panasonic RF wireless headphones I use for watching TV when the wife goes to bed or vise versa.

Problem #1 - They lose RF sync every time I put them on the charger, so I have to retune using the dial on the headphones EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Problem #2 - The contacts on the volume control are dirty as heck, and you get a lot of crackle/noise loss of one side volume while trying to adjust it.
Problem #3 - After about 5-15 sec of silence from the TV (paused or media searching) they go into low power mode and I get a head full of static noise full blast, which means you have to pop them off and on again which wouldn't be so much of an issue if it wasn't for:
Problem #4 - Headphone band plastic creak. Move a millimeter, experience deafening headphone creak, or depending on the amount of movement, creak-symphony (which is so bloodly loud it almost defeats the purpose of using headphones)

I'm torn between getting a bluetooth transmitter and a receiver and using the skullcandy buds I already have and love or just a transmitter and getting some new bluetooth headphones like those otium.  :ahhh :bnghd:

theres a BT transmitter/receiver I saw by taotronics in a single device: https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless/dp/B01IV1H1ME/ref=pd_ybh_a_59?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NZ0MVAQSJM005CTE0CXF

granted you would still need a pair of BT headphones or one of the tiny receivers i posted, but its a pretty cool device

Just a heads, do not buy this thing, there is like a 1 second delay with audio when I plug it into TV headphone jack, looks like your watching a godzilla flick, I'm returning it.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 08:45:29 AM
That sounds like more fun then it actualy is :D

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 10:04:47 AM
I never used BT headphones because I don't like the thought of having something emitting radiation directly against my head for a prolonged time  ::)

My headhpone is a Sennheiser HD518 with old fashioned long cord:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:11:18 AM by glenfiddich1983 »
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85