Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First EDC and Latest EDC Pics

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
First EDC and Latest EDC Pics
on: October 10, 2017, 04:23:03 AM
Lets see your first EDC pics with your most recent EDC pics. If you have multiple EDC setups, just pic a couple of the most used setups. If no longer in possession of your first EDC, then please just describe it. :tu:
To keep it more interesting, please avoid minimalist and SAK only carry setups/pics. This should be for plier based MT EDCs. :)

I'll start.

First EDC = 10+ years carried before changing it. I keep a lot, so I am fortunate to be able to show my oldest and longest running EDC stuff with a current photo.
Gerber multiplier MT Version 4.
Gerber Buckmaster USA 500 knife.
Maglite incandescent 2xAAA light.
Stanley chrome metal 10' measure.
Victorinix Explorer.

In 2016 I discovered how vast the MT world really was and all I had been missing. Last year I bought a used PST with the intention of replacing the Gerber Multiplier. The drivers are worn, blades botched up, and the pliers are held together with a ground down nut and bolt. It still worked fine, but I bought the PST to have in case the Gerber failed completely. Started to read about MT history and different companies. Within a few months, the MT addiction became an obsession with an ideal EDC setup. Weight vs. function vs. strength vs. aesthetics.
I've been through countless EDCs to find some I liked. I have several rotational EDCs, but am only going to show two of my more commonly used ones.
My #1 EDC for general carry and use consists of:
Leatherman Wave.
Kershaw Filter knife.
Maglite 111 Lumen 2xAAA Light.
Stanley 12' measure tape.
Victorinox Explorer.

One more favorite consists of:
Victorinox SwissTool.
Gerber Remix knife.
Maglite 272 Lumen 2xAAA Light.
Stanley 12' measure tape.
Victorinix Explorer.

Note: the two flashlights get swapped within the combinations quite often.

Don't get me wrong, there are tons of other great options to choose from in my collection, but I find myself throwing on the two I mentioned about three or four days a week. Off days are too varied to mention.
20171009_202143-1.jpeg
* 20171009_202143-1.jpeg (Filesize: 148.5 KB)
20171009_202422-1.jpeg
* 20171009_202422-1.jpeg (Filesize: 174.41 KB)
20171009_202307-1.jpeg
* 20171009_202307-1.jpeg (Filesize: 147.94 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: First EDC and Latest EDC Pics
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 04:20:25 PM
that's a very complete setup!  :like:
I always carry the same pattern, but different item(s) for each category through the week. Depending on whether it's Winter or Summer, and the clothes I wear, that also changes. The thing is always:

- Big blade (fixed blade or Cold Steel XL Folder)
- Main primary folder (Spyderco or Cold Steel normally)
- SAK (Usually Swisschamp or a big one, the thick models)
- MT (One or two, if so is generally a Needlenose + Blunt nose combination)
- AAA Light (for the last years, a LED Lenser P3 or Lumintop AAA)

I have literally dozens of combinations, so I'll just post pics of a typical Summer carry and a Winter carry:

and today's carry is this one, the folders change through the day and I carry 2 lights (more usual as the Winter gets closer)

also, not all the items are on my person all the time. Many days some of them are on my murse, or bag
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 06:12:57 PM
Very nice, sir!
You are tempting me to add-on to my EDC now. :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 02:59:18 AM
Great carries and combinations guys :like: :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 03:39:45 AM
Thank ya, Ponch!
I may try using my first edc for a few days soon. But, will need to get ready for the pinched palm and poor light output of the early maglite.. :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%