Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Flagship Store, Geneva

wales Offline caninesapien

Victorinox Flagship Store, Geneva
on: October 10, 2017, 10:14:24 AM
Hi all

Planning a trip to Geneva next month and wanted to ask about the Vic store in the city, if anyone has any info! These might be silly questions but I wanted to check if they only sell new products? I ideally want to keep an eye out for discontinued alox models but not sure I would be able to find them in the main Vic store. Also, would the current product section on their website be a good indicator of what would be available there?

And on that note, can anyone recommend any other stores that would possibly be selling old Vics and Wengers?

Cheers

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Victorinox Flagship Store, Geneva
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 10:43:34 AM
I only managed a look through the windows when I was there but I'm sorry to say that there is no way they stock anything that isn't brand spanking new.  If it's anything like the London store don't expect any big deals either. :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 11:24:20 AM
I only managed a look through the windows when I was there but I'm sorry to say that there is no way they stock anything that isn't brand spanking new.  If it's anything like the London store don't expect any big deals either. :-\

Sigh - that's what I was worried about! Oh well. Might be nice to have a look inside anyhow!

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:32 PM
The current products section on Vic's website is a subset of what knives the flagship stores offer. They have all(?) current production models, the local special scales model, and sometimes knives that are not in current production. (Though “brand spanking new”. :) ) As Gareth said, don't expect any big deals.

Disclaimer: I've only been to two Vic flagship stores, and not the one in Geneva, but I want to go to more of them...  :dd:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 01:16:38 PM
Geneva has many tourist stores that sell SAKs, that is where you will find the old/discontinued stuff, just ask.
Knife/Gun stores are even better, my local gun store sold me 4 Spirit RT, the last one about a month ago :D
Of course for Alox, your best bet is a flea market.

If you go to the flagship store, ask them... there is always the possibility that they have something stored away.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 08:41:20 PM
I have been there some years ago. A great experience for a SAK lover. Don't spend all your money on SAKs, food there is very expensive and you'll need to eat something. Locals shop from French market, across the border they told me.

For more: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,40202.msg647430.html#msg647430

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 10:53:51 AM
Don't forget to enjoy the waterfront, there are a couple of luxury hotels there and usually there is a fleet of incredibly expensive cars parked out front.

Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 11:18:38 AM
Thanks for the advice all! It's only a short break and we want to have a pretty chilled out holiday, but am requesting (from my fiancée  :P) a day of SAK hunting, haha!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 11:23:12 AM
Thanks for the advice all! It's only a short break and we want to have a pretty chilled out holiday, but am requesting (from my fiancée  :P) a day of SAK hunting, haha!
Good luck with that. Surely a trip to Ibach would be so much more romantic  :whistle:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 11:31:23 AM
Good luck with that. Surely a trip to Ibach would be so much more romantic  :whistle:

We're building the trip around a concert so that might be difficult!

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 11:51:29 AM

We're building the trip around a concert so that might be difficult!

Tricky. What could go wrong in asking? Ok maybe not ...
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 12:00:14 PM
It's just occurred to me - what are the laws regarding the carry of a SAK in Geneva? I'd probably only be taking a cadet or something.

EDIT: have read conflicting information online!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:08:05 PM by caninesapien »

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 02:50:46 PM
Ahh, I’ve been to Geneva in June, but sadly it was Sunday, so the store was closed and I could only look through its windows
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 04:34:06 PM
It's just occurred to me - what are the laws regarding the carry of a SAK in Geneva? I'd probably only be taking a cadet or something.

EDIT: have read conflicting information online!
Solders '08 are legal...

Basically,
- no butterfly knives
- no double edged fixed blades

When you carry something large like an axe or a machete you should have a reason for it (e.g. I wanted to buy fresh coconuts and open them). Oh and you probably can't take any knife into the concert.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%