Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The streak continues.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
The streak continues.
on: October 11, 2017, 10:18:48 PM
As you all may know I have terrible luck with receiving defective items. I’m talking 7 out of 10 items I receive have to be sent back! You may also have read about the Leatherman Surge I received that is defective. They sent a return shipping label so I can send it back and now I have never received the label. Just one more thing to deal with and more time waiting for what I should have been enjoying weeks ago.  :facepalm: To add to the frustration I shelled out $45 for a Yeti Rambler bottle as they are top of the line and I figured I might as well pay for quality. Well I was so excited to receive my Yeti until I actually used it. My coffee was ice cold in 45 minutes. It should hold temp for at least 4 hours. When used with ice water it is melted in 1 1/2 hours. It should hold ice for close to 24 hours. Needless to say I am so sick of having to send the majority of products I purchase back to be replaced. Smurf it all!  :twak:
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: The streak continues.
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:22:59 PM
Oh and I just ordered a lapel pin that came damaged as well.  :facepalm:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 01:18:58 AM
Does the Yeti require preheating?  Many travel mug need to be preheated prior to the hot beverage being poured in.  I know I tend to do that on my cheap mug.  I've heard some good things about Zojirushi Mug.  Mostly online reviews as I was looking for a friend.  She ended up not requiring one after all.  Maybe worth a look?  Certain a bit cheaper too. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 01:32:56 AM
You ought to go out intentionally looking for faulty goods. With your luck, you'll fail and up with flawless stuff every time  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 02:18:00 AM
No preheating required.

The Rambler was slightly sweating which it should most definitely not be doing. I can also feel the tempatire of the beverage while holding the Rambler which I should not be able to do.

I contacted Yetis customer service and since I bought it through the one and only verified Yeti dealer on amazon they are sending me a replacement direct from Yeti. They had me send pictures to confirm and prove I owned the Rambler and 5 minutes later they actually called me and let me know about my options for replacement. I’m happy with the customer service but once again now I have to wait for the label. Wait for it to get to them. Then wait for them to send a replacement. It’s a real pain but unless I want a faulty unit it’s the only option.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 06:25:27 AM
Hey Cap,

Are you buying mostly amazon warehouse deals?
I used to do a lot if the warehouse deals and found there is usually a good reason someone has already sent the item back. :ahhh
I am careful to only buy warehouse deals for stuff I can repair myself if need be.
If i had to, the Surge issue is one I might have had the tools to repair. I know most people don't have the tools to repair a LM Surge spring/lock though. The Yeti, there isn't much you can do if you can't see some sort of puncture/fissure/hole somewhere to repair.

If these are not warehouse deals, then I think your bad luck is paying in for the best year of your life next year, man!  :tu:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 07:00:44 AM
I have a $10 WalMart Rambler clone that functions perfectly with hot or cold.
Cap, you have some kind of luck there...

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 06:50:09 PM
Nope, they are not Amazon Warehouse deals. It’s not just Amazon purchases either. It’s any and all online purchases as well as items I buy in normal stores as well.
I'm the milk man!

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 07:38:14 PM
Have you considered a career as a CQ controller?
It sounds like it would be a good investment for the company, as all the duds would find their way to your table, never reaching the customers. :D

Joke aside, that must be very frustrating.
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 08:29:02 PM

sorry capt.  ;)

I hope your luck changes for the better   :tu:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 07:53:58 AM
I got me some Spauldingitis as well, didn't know it was contagious, but getting some items that are not up to speed either, getting frustrated  :rant:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 02:32:50 PM
Hey y'all. It happens to all of us sooner or later. Just gotta take a deep breath and do your best to power through it. When I received a LM OHT with plier jaws that crossed over each other,  I just did what I had to do to resolve it. I got a pair of expensive earbuds recently that didn't work right, so I did what I had to do to resolve the problem. Sometimes concentrating on the negative aspects of life can cause one to forget the fact there are many people who just don't wake up the next day, people who wake up blind, people who get a serious illness diagnosis, and etc.

I few material items coming having to be resolved just means you're blessed and fortunate enough to be able to be upset by it. That is good luck in my book. :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 06:57:51 AM
well im having zero luck lately, everything is sub par except this tiny Mpow bluetooth receiver I got which is great, plugs into aux port of car radio and you can play your music from phone with no wire or use it to turn regular headphones into bluetooth, really handy, but this waqs my latest fail, and from Morakniv of all the manufacturers I didnt expect this to fall through the cracks and land in my lap:

Chipped spine near the blade point Mora robust, got a replacement on the way, but this bad luck streak continues for me, hope it stops for us both Capt, cant take much more headaches

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 06:44:07 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

Chipped spine near the blade point Mora robust, got a replacement on the way, but this bad luck streak continues for me, hope it stops for us both Capt, cant take much more headaches

hahaa doesn't live up to its name     :rofl:
In all seriousness, I wish you both a prompt and happy ending to this streak of bad luck   :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 04:16:22 AM
so the replacement has the exact same defect as the original  :facepalm:, must be a bad batch of them, and this time they give me no option for an exchange, just a refund, I guess cause the price went up. really a shame cause its a sweet knife, but seems to have missed a step in the finishing process

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 06:09:30 AM
One minute with a file would have it fixed.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 06:47:33 AM
i guess i can give the file a shot, any multi file you have in mind? i smoothed out the new one with the wave diamond file, thx zoidberg, its better than it was, but shouldnt have to do this, I guess is my point
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:04:42 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 11:41:44 AM
I totally agree it shouldn't have to be done.

Edge on my S35VN Para Military 2 was pretty one sided out of the box.

I fixed that with a leatherman diamond file too.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%