Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Non Multitools

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Non Multitools
Reply #180 on: October 28, 2017, 01:56:04 PM
I think we're going to need a video... of podgering... :pok:

Yeah, I think you're right, I'll just ask Mrs Fuzzbucket if she'll take the child filter off the internet...

us Offline getahl

Reply #181 on: October 28, 2017, 06:38:40 PM
Here's my inside tool bag.  Because our garage has no direct house access, despite being attached. And I'm too lazy to walk out to my main toolbox. They're all hand tools, for quick repairs.

First pic is the bag itself. The outside pockets hold torx and Philips mini drivers, a small Crescent wrench,  a Gerber field sharpener, Klein scissors, a Aaa mini maglite, clicky pen light, WD40, a big sharp, and a carpentry pencil. I hang 1 inch wide duct tape off a Learherman biner.

Inside...ho boy. Hammer, torpedo level, large needle nose pliers, PTx Pirhana, ratcheting driver, bag o' hex bits, 6 inch crescent wrench, Goop, Loctite, paperclips for poking holes in the dried Goop around the cap, Stanley knife, pencils, chain for a ceiling fan, sharpening stone, nail set, assorted tweezers and pencil sharpeners (2 sizes), metric and imperial Allen keys, Teflon tape, eyeglass drivers in a tube of Airborn, 8 inch straight and angled hemostats, small ratchet set, Chanellocks, wire cutters, teeny dedicated flathead and Philips drivers, stubby #2 Philips,  electrical tape, small prybar, dental pick, zip ties, ear plugs, graphite lube, magnetic stud finder, head lamp, 16 foot tape measure, cut resistant gloves, and safety glasses. Phew, my thumbs hurt.

That's what I  usually turn to for handy man work around the house. Saws and files and such are too big for the bag, but are in the garage if needed. No MT was included because, with that bag, it's not needed. I dont need an extra half pound of steel that's basically redundant.

My most used items are probsbly the headlamp, the 5mm Allen key, thd angeled hemostats (getting stuff out of the garbage disposal), and the mini Philips driver up front, for battery compartments,  toys, etc. This is my super dad kit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #182 on: October 28, 2017, 07:12:59 PM
Here's my inside tool bag.  Because our garage has no direct house access, despite being attached. And I'm too lazy to walk out to my main toolbox. They're all hand tools, for quick repairs.

First pic is the bag itself. The outside pockets hold torx and Philips mini drivers, a small Crescent wrench,  a Gerber field sharpener, Klein scissors, a Aaa mini maglite, clicky pen light, WD40, a big sharp, and a carpentry pencil. I hang 1 inch wide duct tape off a Learherman biner.

Inside...ho boy. Hammer, torpedo level, large needle nose pliers, PTx Pirhana, ratcheting driver, bag o' hex bits, 6 inch crescent wrench, Goop, Loctite, paperclips for poking holes in the dried Goop around the cap, Stanley knife, pencils, chain for a ceiling fan, sharpening stone, nail set, assorted tweezers and pencil sharpeners (2 sizes), metric and imperial Allen keys, Teflon tape, eyeglass drivers in a tube of Airborn, 8 inch straight and angled hemostats, small ratchet set, Chanellocks, wire cutters, teeny dedicated flathead and Philips drivers, stubby #2 Philips,  electrical tape, small prybar, dental pick, zip ties, ear plugs, graphite lube, magnetic stud finder, head lamp, 16 foot tape measure, cut resistant gloves, and safety glasses. Phew, my thumbs hurt.

That's what I  usually turn to for handy man work around the house. Saws and files and such are too big for the bag, but are in the garage if needed. No MT was included because, with that bag, it's not needed. I dont need an extra half pound of steel that's basically redundant.

My most used items are probsbly the headlamp, the 5mm Allen key, thd angeled hemostats (getting stuff out of the garbage disposal), and the mini Philips driver up front, for battery compartments,  toys, etc. This is my super dad kit.(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Love the Dog's paw in the first and second picks.   :whistle:  Bet that's the most usefull tool of the entire lot.   :rofl:  Looks like a real helper, how about a complete shot and name?
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline getahl

Reply #183 on: October 28, 2017, 07:23:38 PM

My most used items are probsbly the headlamp, the 5mm Allen key, thd angeled hemostats (getting stuff out of the garbage disposal), and the mini Philips driver up front, for battery compartments,  toys, etc. This is my super dad kit.(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Love the Dog's paw in the first and second picks.   :whistle:  Bet that's the most usefull tool of the entire lot.   :rofl:  Looks like a real helper, how about a complete shot and name?
That's Snickers, my Aussie. Also called Snickerdoodle, or just Doodle. She's a sweet mule.

Oh, and my real helper is the toothless wonder there with her. That's my boy, Ryan, Pokemon trainer extraordinaire.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #184 on: October 28, 2017, 08:16:40 PM

That's Snickers, my Aussie. Also called Snickerdoodle, or just Doodle. She's a sweet mule.

Oh, and my real helper is the toothless wonder there with her. That's my boy, Ryan, Pokemon trainer extraordinaire. (Image removed from quote.)

Enjoy this time and share every moment and everything you can.  They grow up way to fast.  There will always be a little part of  you missing after they leave.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 08:17:48 PM by Douglas »
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #185 on: October 28, 2017, 08:38:28 PM
Speaking from experience I hear Douglas *sigh* but yep, I agree. 2 boys, both in college...

Awesome tools getahl :tu:

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #186 on: October 28, 2017, 08:45:33 PM
Speaking from experience I hear Douglas *sigh* but yep, I agree. 2 boys, both in college...

*SIGH*
Didn't realize It was so loud... :facepalm:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline getahl

Reply #187 on: October 28, 2017, 09:39:12 PM

*SIGH*
Didn't realize It was so loud... :facepalm:
Thanks guys. Feels weird to say I have a first grader. And a three year old girl right behind him.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #188 on: October 28, 2017, 10:14:59 PM

Outstanding!!!

I'm very envious of your husky toolbag, I've been after one of their wheeled tote bags for ages, but they're so difficult to get here in th UK.

Oh... and your little ones are lovely too!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:29:01 PM by Fuzzbucket »

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #189 on: October 29, 2017, 12:14:51 AM
I see your combined hammers and prybars, and raise by an axe ...

(Image removed from quote.)

:drool:

Need more info :pok:

Snail Brand (old English company - now defunkt) Roofing Tool

Here, in Canada, we call those “Box Tools”. Stemming from the days of wooden crates often used in shipping. You can still purchase a modern version online from one of our national tool suppliers (LV) for under $18.00 Cdn. :)

That's where I got mine, although at the time I think it was $13.95 at Lee Valley.  They also used to refer to it as the Ugly Tool because it couldn't get any uglier, even if it was left out in the rain.

Def

Ugly or not, that is THE tool that I would want in a genuine survival situation. Keep your pack axe or big knife. I reckon I could improvise more solutions to more problems with that one tool than I ever could with a big knife or pack axe. It's an excellent bit of kit. Add a Swiss knife or pliers tool, and you're pretty much ready for anything.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #190 on: October 29, 2017, 01:37:46 AM
Ugly or not, that is THE tool that I would want in a genuine survival situation. Keep your pack axe or big knife. I reckon I could improvise more solutions to more problems with that one tool than I ever could with a big knife or pack axe. It's an excellent bit of kit. Add a Swiss knife or pliers tool, and you're pretty much ready for anything.

I generally reckon I can improvise more problems than solutions. And true improvisation it is - I've never planned for them at all. I guess it just comes naturally to me.

(I kind of imagine myself in a tight spot trying to drive in a nail and getting that axe in my forehead in the process  :ahhh I know, very unlikely :) But then again unlikely things happens a lot)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:40:47 AM by Vidar »
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #191 on: October 29, 2017, 10:50:40 AM
While eating my breakfast this morning of prefectly cooked soft boiled eggs, i was perusing through some old catalogues i had stashed away... as one does, when, low and behold i gazed upon this rare sight - an actual image depicting the sensual, almost spiritual act of podgering!!!

Is it a bit dusty in here... sniff...

20171028_174746.jpg
* 20171028_174746.jpg (Filesize: 291.17 KB)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 10:56:26 AM by Fuzzbucket »

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #192 on: October 29, 2017, 10:53:24 AM
Whoaaarr!  :tu:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #193 on: October 29, 2017, 11:02:30 AM
Whoaaarr!  :tu:

Notice the subtle arcing of the wrist and gentle fingering in the second image... beautiful...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 12:34:09 PM by Fuzzbucket »

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #194 on: October 29, 2017, 12:17:31 PM
A picture tells a thousand words.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #195 on: November 05, 2017, 07:14:06 AM
Changed spark plugs in a Nissan Murano today and used a bunch of tools - including the SURGE!!!- to handle the job.

If I ever get ahold of that piss-sweating smurf who designed that transverse mounted, 3.5 liter engine and made it necessary to remove the intake manifold to get to half the plugs, his life expectancy would be on the back side of the bell curve

IMG_0727.JPG
* IMG_0727.JPG (Filesize: 140.14 KB)

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #196 on: November 05, 2017, 07:15:30 AM
IMG_0732.JPG
* IMG_0732.JPG (Filesize: 130.34 KB)

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #197 on: November 05, 2017, 07:16:43 AM

IMG_0733.JPG
* IMG_0733.JPG (Filesize: 135.91 KB)

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #198 on: November 05, 2017, 07:17:46 AM

IMG_0734.JPG
* IMG_0734.JPG (Filesize: 137.08 KB)

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #199 on: November 05, 2017, 07:19:04 AM

IMG_0735.JPG
* IMG_0735.JPG (Filesize: 140.99 KB)

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #200 on: November 05, 2017, 07:28:36 AM
The grey Craftsman model 6512 metal tool box is at least 40 years old, could be as old as the mid 60's. I have two of those, the one bigger, black Craftsman Rally Box from the 80's I think, and the obligatory late 1990's, 94 piece socket set in a tough plastic case. Plus one of those red Husky tool bags with the Bucks Bros. chisels, Stanley mallet, Miller's Falls hand drill, the old folding ruler, the old old Crescent brand side-cutter linesman's plyers with New England tips, marked Bell System on one side. I love that thing. I'll try to get some pics of it up later.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #201 on: November 05, 2017, 08:13:00 AM
Craftsman 6512
IMG_0740.JPG
* IMG_0740.JPG (Filesize: 121.99 KB)

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #202 on: November 05, 2017, 08:14:39 AM
Crescent Linesman' s 2050-9
IMG_0747.JPG
* IMG_0747.JPG (Filesize: 371.01 KB)

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #203 on: November 05, 2017, 08:18:31 AM
IMG_0746.JPG
* IMG_0746.JPG (Filesize: 344.63 KB)

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #204 on: November 05, 2017, 08:19:12 AM
IMG_0745.JPG
* IMG_0745.JPG (Filesize: 323.7 KB)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #205 on: November 05, 2017, 02:42:21 PM
Nice setup, and great to see the tools actually getting used!

I feel you on the spark plug issue- I haven't done that in my Jeep but I do hate having to remove the air intake hose just to swap an air filter.  They really pack stuff in these new cars so tightly you can't do anything on them without disassembling half the car to do it.   :facepalm:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #206 on: November 05, 2017, 02:58:56 PM
While eating my breakfast this morning of prefectly cooked soft boiled eggs, i was perusing through some old catalogues i had stashed away... as one does, when, low and behold i gazed upon this rare sight - an actual image depicting the sensual, almost spiritual act of podgering!!!

Would this count as a podger, or does it have to be a ratcheting head?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/12-in-adjustable-pry-bar-wrench/A-p8720807e

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #207 on: November 05, 2017, 03:39:39 PM
I got this last week. It's very definitely a single use tool. One of those tools you either know what is does or you don’t.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:52:19 PM by Smashie »
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #208 on: November 05, 2017, 03:50:03 PM

Would this count as a podger, or does it have to be a ratcheting head?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/12-in-adjustable-pry-bar-wrench/A-p8720807e

Def

I'm sorry Grant, but that won't do at all... you couldn't get a satisfactory podge out of that...

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #209 on: November 05, 2017, 03:52:12 PM
I got this last week. If very definitely a single use tool. One of those tools you either know what is does or you don’t.

(Image removed from quote.)

I give up Smashie, i can't figure out what that is. I'm guessing from the materials used, it's something to do with either shooting or boating... or telescopes?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%