Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Mossy Oak 11 in 1 Locking MT

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
New Mossy Oak 11 in 1 Locking MT
on: September 26, 2017, 04:06:51 AM
Found this bad boy while out shopping today. It says Mossy Oak 11 in 1 MT. All tools lock, just like the big work pro tools I've posted about. All outside tools as well. Big spring loaded pliars. If the steel is good, then it is a good find. $9 is what I paid. Pretty heavy tool though. :o
Tools:
Plain blade
Serrated blade
Double sided file
Wood saw
Phillips #2
Flat head with bottle opener
Big flat head

Pretty good fit and finish. About the same as some $25 MTs.

Can't find them online. Only Mossy Oaks I can find are really really junky.

Pics below for informational purposes. :D
20170925_131612-1.jpeg
* 20170925_131612-1.jpeg (Filesize: 50.89 KB)
20170925_131635-1.jpeg
* 20170925_131635-1.jpeg (Filesize: 135.58 KB)
20170925_131710-1.jpeg
* 20170925_131710-1.jpeg (Filesize: 63.74 KB)
20170925_131735-1.jpeg
* 20170925_131735-1.jpeg (Filesize: 63.58 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: New Mossy Oak 11 in 1 Locking MT
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 04:08:50 AM
More pics
20170925_131817-1.jpeg
* 20170925_131817-1.jpeg (Filesize: 94.65 KB)
20170925_131856-1.jpeg
* 20170925_131856-1.jpeg (Filesize: 83.06 KB)
20170925_132126-1.jpeg
* 20170925_132126-1.jpeg (Filesize: 72.64 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:51:36 AM
Look alot like the workpro's. Except the workpro's extremely chunky. And gosh! Pocket clip!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 01:25:16 PM
Look alot like the workpro's. Except the workpro's extremely chunky. And gosh! Pocket clip!
Indeed. The clip is a much needed accessory for a budget MT. It seems like a fairly sturdy clip as well!
Tge Great Star company in China produced the MT in this thread. I am not sure about the HD WorkPro, but I'll check when I get back from work tonight. It is not as refined as the HD workpro locking system,  but it is the same basic design locking system.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 12:03:31 AM
I hope Walmart carries this in their Christmas stuff, I know a bunch of  Mossy Oak branded showed up with their Christmas stuff.  This is one cheapie I'm looking forward to trying out after seeing this post.  Where did you find the tool?

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 03:11:42 AM
I hope Walmart carries this in their Christmas stuff, I know a bunch of  Mossy Oak branded showed up with their Christmas stuff.  This is one cheapie I'm looking forward to trying out after seeing this post.  Where did you find the tool?
Walmart.  :multi:
Good luck when finding one! It won't compete with a big brand, but we ain't going to be crying if we lose them!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 08:41:05 AM
Yeah, looks like the workpro HD design. I'm glad other brands carry it, I want one.
Thanks for posting!  :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 01:37:32 PM
Yeah, looks like the workpro HD design. I'm glad other brands carry it, I want one.
Thanks for posting!  :cheers:
:tu:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 02:09:44 PM
That looks like a decent tool actually  :cheers: Shame the two flat drivers seem to be around the same size (or are my eyes deceiving me?)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 03:00:31 PM
That looks like a decent tool actually  :cheers: Shame the two flat drivers seem to be around the same size (or are my eyes deceiving me?)
Good eye. They are about 1/16th or difference in width. But, one is thicker than the other.
One another note, the handle with the serrated blade has looseness in the tools side to side. I will add a washer inside at some point to fix this, as the screw bolt bottomed out while tightening. This tool does have pretty good modding potential! I don't  really mind having to fix the cheap tools though. Only irks me when you buy something expensive and have to mod it.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 04:45:56 PM
Good eye. They are about 1/16th or difference in width. But, one is thicker than the other.
One another note, the handle with the serrated blade has looseness in the tools side to side. I will add a washer inside at some point to fix this, as the screw bolt bottomed out while tightening. This tool does have pretty good modding potential! I don't  really mind having to fix the cheap tools though. Only irks me when you buy something expensive and have to mod it.

Yup. Been there many times  :facepalm:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Offline mikekoz

Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 04:26:02 AM
   I picked one of these up last weekend and I was surprised when I got it home, and all of the tools locked! Considering it was under $9.00, that is pretty amazing!! Also, all the blades came pretty sharp, and the tools all open smoothly and do not clump. The pliers are comfortable and the tool seems pretty sturdy. My only beef about it is the same one I have with other budget multis. The phillips driver is too polished. Great deal for the dollar though!!  :tu:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 04:49:26 AM
   I picked one of these up last weekend and I was surprised when I got it home, and all of the tools locked! Considering it was under $9.00, that is pretty amazing!! Also, all the blades came pretty sharp, and the tools all open smoothly and do not clump. The pliers are comfortable and the tool seems pretty sturdy. My only beef about it is the same one I have with other budget multis. The phillips driver is too polished. Great deal for the dollar though!!  :tu:
For the money.  I don't know if any tool that can touch it. Large size. All outside locking tools. Good edges and decent feel. I will use mine for camping, because I tend to leave stuff laying around in the woods and lose it. Haha <$9 won't hurt me a bit..
Glad you found one! Enjoy!

Yup. Been there many times  :facepalm:
The worst for me was adding a thin washer to my powerassist, because of VERY excessive play. In hindsight,  I should have sent it back, but it seemed like less trouble to just fix it. I bought that 500 piece washer set for something. :cheers:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 10:38:13 AM
   And I forgot to mention...it also comes with a nice sheath!!  :tu: :D

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 05:48:34 AM
   And I forgot to mention...it also comes with a nice sheath!!  :tu: :D
I have already done the washer mod and it is pretty dang good. I will def move the belt loop up on the back though at some point. The loop is so low that it would fall and flop around in a day of carry. When I get done with my challenge, I might try this tool out for a few days. But, gonna have to remove the loop and sew it higher up on the back. :tu:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 02:41:51 AM
No awl and can opener compared to the Workpro. Also saw and file are also one handed on this.
Anything else? Does it weigh any less than the workpro?

I'd still get one for $9.  :cheers:
Maybe get both and swap tools around.  :tu:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 05:08:46 AM
No awl and can opener compared to the Workpro. Also saw and file are also one handed on this.
Anything else? Does it weigh any less than the workpro?

I'd still get one for $9.  :cheers:
Maybe get both and swap tools around.  :tu:
I broke out the scales so we will know the weight.

Mossy Oak = 10.088oz
WorkPro = 13.859oz.

The Mossy Oak has plastic scales with a steel frame/liner like a SAK, while the Workpro is all steel all around. The Mossy Oak has side to side handle play out of the box, while the workpro has zero.
I had to add one brass washer to each side of each pliar pivot on both handles to remove the handle play. I also added a brass washer on the serrated blade side to remove the side to side play.

The lockup on the workpro is solid, while the Mossy oak has a bit of lock play.
BUT, with that all being said! The Mossy Oak is less than $10. 1/4 the cost of the WorkPro. I cannot gripe too much here. haha

I will go take a photo of the two together in a minute. This will help show size!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 05:19:15 AM
Some poor quality, but useful pictures of the workpro with the mossy oak.

All in all, the Mossy Oak is half the quality tool that the workpro is for a quarter of the cost.
They are very close in dimension!

One more note: the Mossy Oak has pliar internal spring load and the Workpro is not spring loaded. Pliar heads are similar in shape/size.
20170929_221130-1.jpeg
* 20170929_221130-1.jpeg (Filesize: 61.25 KB)
20170929_221059-1.jpeg
* 20170929_221059-1.jpeg (Filesize: 54.66 KB)
20170929_221031-1.jpeg
* 20170929_221031-1.jpeg (Filesize: 84.8 KB)

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 07:52:56 AM
Thanks! If the mossy oak or anything similar pops up in amazon I might get it, but I'm definitely getting the workpro. And a few others.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 01:32:47 PM
Thanks! If the mossy oak or anything similar pops up in amazon I might get it, but I'm definitely getting the workpro. And a few others.
:tu:
The workpro IS a very solid tool indeed!
The Mossy Oak took an hour of aggravating work/mods to get it where it needed to be. :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%