Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A good scare!

cbl51 · 33 · 1255

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Re: A good scare!
Reply #30 on: October 21, 2017, 05:41:20 PM
Glad you dodged a bullet there clb! Having less clutter means less stuff you have to worry about tripping on.  :D

As much as I am not crazy about what Ted Nugent stands for, he has a quote that has always stuck out to me. "You are born at point A. Die at point B. Kick ass in between."  :cheers:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

Offline karlito

Reply #31 on: October 21, 2017, 05:51:41 PM
Glad things turned out well I'm the end and you are all right.  It really puts things in perspective.  Maybe those who loose their morals to aquire more money and "stuff" need a scare like yours; it may make the world a little better.

sent from your mamma's house

Offline Mattexian

Reply #32 on: October 22, 2017, 03:11:16 AM
Glad you're better now, cbl. 

I had a similar chest pain scare last month, tho i knew it wasn't a heart attack, but when it was the third episode in one night, we headed for the ER anyway.  I'd been having chest pains off and on for several months, and after lots of tests and scans, I was diagnosed with non-specific angina, which is doctor-speak for "Well, it's not a heart attack."  Unfortunately,  in that same time, they found I had a relapse of Hodgkins lymphoma,  so I'm having chemo again, a new cocktail to make sure it stays gone this time. The one really smurphy side effect of this chemo is that the injections are aggravating the scar tissue under my sternum, from the previous radiation treatments,  such that it feels like a heart attack, and it increased the frequency of those episodes, from once or twice a month, up to three a night on my birthday.

When I was first diagnosed with HL two years ago, I went thru a similar evaluation of a lot of stuff, thinking I should give some of it away to certain family, so that they can enjoy it now and know the sentimentalism behind it. (i.e. a shotgun from one grandfather, a lever-gun from the other;  we've got no kids, but my cousins are making up for that, so I want to let them keep it in the family. After that, I need to get involved with a BoyScout troop,  to give away all these pocketknives!)

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

R

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69