Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Back in Black- Center Drive Edition

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Back in Black- Center Drive Edition
on: October 19, 2017, 08:48:54 PM
I just got an email from Gerber saying that the Center-Drive is now available in black.

I've been looking forward to this for a while!

Oh yeah... and I'm an authorized Gerber dealer too, in case anyone wanted to put together a group buy on these.  :D

Def
GerberCD Black.jpg
* GerberCD Black.jpg (Filesize: 57.02 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Back in Black- Center Drive Edition
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 09:00:34 PM
I very much would like one but paypal are being poo heads atm and I haven't got around to dealing with their bs requests.

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:05:13 PM
I very much would like one but paypal are being poo heads atm and I haven't got around to dealing with their bs requests.
Perhaps I can help?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:13:18 PM
Perhaps I can help?

You have photo id of me that also shows my address?   :facepalm:

If a group buy happens then yeah I might need that help thanks.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 09:20:58 PM
You have photo id of me that also shows my address?   :facepalm:
I have all sorts of photos and things in your file...  :whistle:

Offline Ravenroost

Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 09:32:38 PM
I'd be interested in a group buy.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 01:44:20 AM
Mmmmm, Center Drive....  In black.  :drool:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 02:12:57 AM
The CD is a good looking tool, but full BO? Wowza!  :drool:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 03:42:39 AM
That Black CD looks hella tuff!!
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 04:07:18 AM
That does look very lush :dd: :like: :like:

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 01:13:40 PM
Looks better than the stock colours. :tu:

Shame the tool loadout doesn't work for me.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 04:24:16 PM
Well dam, I would've waited to get mine if I knew they would make a blackout version.  >:( Oh well, I do still like the silver/black combo. But the blackout is BA  :drool:
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 04:35:03 PM
To do a Group Buy we would need to sell ten tools, whether they are the BO or the standard version or a combination thereof.

If we can get ten tentatively sold I'll start working on pricing.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 01:02:57 AM
Interesting, but I think I'll stick with my standard CD for now :whistle:. That BO version would be cool for a modder MT though :multi:
Send In the spartans

england Offline Kev D

Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 10:41:50 AM
I like the look of the full BO one, but I've got 2 center drives already so won't be getting a BO one.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 10:51:09 AM
I like the look of the full BO one, but I've got 2 center drives already so won't be getting a BO one.

Do you rate (recommend) them?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 10:52:59 AM
But then your collection won't be complete. And then what?  :ahhh
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

england Offline Kev D

Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 12:06:17 PM

They are good in the most part, but I prefer my Leathermans. I got off to a bad start with mine with the plier issue but that was quickly sorted by Gerber.  The factory grind on the blade didn't hold up, but after I sharpened it myself it has been great.  The 1/4" drive is great, no complaints at all, though others have had the retention magnet pop out.  The pry bar for me has been good, but other people have chipped theirs lifting a brass tack.  I've used mine to pry stuff I probably shouldn't and braced myself for the break that never happened. The cutters in the pliers are just like all the other gerber ones, far too brittle, but the pliers are pretty good. I think they should have junked the serrated blade and put their saw holder in it. That's not just Gerber, I don't like serrated blades in any of my tools. 
My Center Drive gets used a lot in the garden and it is standing up to all the abuse I'm giving it and I'm not trying to be kind to it.

Would I recommend it, I have to say NO on that because of the brittle cutters. It would have been better off without them. I'd say buy a Leatherman Surge, plus you get a saw then. The replaceable cutters are far better on Leatherman and I use them a lot. They can take the cutting I need them to do where as the Gerber ones just chip doing the same work. I can live without a full 1/4" driver built in and the Leatherman flat bit adapter has never let me down.   

england Offline Kev D

Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 12:08:55 PM
But then your collection won't be complete. And then what?  :ahhh

If I liked it more then I'd get one. I only have 2 of them due to an error on someones part  :D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 12:23:57 PM

They are good in the most part, but I prefer my Leathermans. I got off to a bad start with mine with the plier issue but that was quickly sorted by Gerber.  The factory grind on the blade didn't hold up, but after I sharpened it myself it has been great.  The 1/4" drive is great, no complaints at all, though others have had the retention magnet pop out.  The pry bar for me has been good, but other people have chipped theirs lifting a brass tack.  I've used mine to pry stuff I probably shouldn't and braced myself for the break that never happened. The cutters in the pliers are just like all the other gerber ones, far too brittle, but the pliers are pretty good. I think they should have junked the serrated blade and put their saw holder in it. That's not just Gerber, I don't like serrated blades in any of my tools. 
My Center Drive gets used a lot in the garden and it is standing up to all the abuse I'm giving it and I'm not trying to be kind to it.

Would I recommend it, I have to say NO on that because of the brittle cutters. It would have been better off without them. I'd say buy a Leatherman Surge, plus you get a saw then. The replaceable cutters are far better on Leatherman and I use them a lot. They can take the cutting I need them to do where as the Gerber ones just chip doing the same work. I can live without a full 1/4" driver built in and the Leatherman flat bit adapter has never let me down.   

Thank you Kevin.   :cheers:

england Offline Kev D

Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 03:30:58 PM

Thank you Kevin.   :cheers:

You're welcome  :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 06:46:07 PM
gotta admit it has the looks... :drool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sypmUMP3lOQ
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Offline unicoizulu

• New User
Reply #22 on: October 25, 2017, 07:06:44 PM
New guy here. How would a group buy work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: October 26, 2017, 01:47:51 AM
Once I get some pricing I will start taking orders.  If there are enough to meet our minimum then I collect the $$ and place the order with Gerber.

When they come in I ship them out to everyone who bought one.  It's that easy.  :D

Def

us Offline DeezNittles

Reply #24 on: October 26, 2017, 11:33:44 PM
I’m interested in a group buy.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85