Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Review of Cuscadi (Custom Scale Division) scales

Offline king_doodle

Review of Cuscadi (Custom Scale Division) scales
on: October 23, 2017, 07:47:07 AM
I'm a little of a "fancy scales nut," so I thought I'd pass along this review of a recent purchase. It's a wonderful thing when an accessory is as good or better than the product it accessorizes. This is definitely the case with CUSCADI: Custom Scales Division (http://cuscadi.de/). The scales that Cuscadi manufactures are precision accessories that compliment and often surpass the knives they are installed on, and they make scales for all kinds of knives. The only ones I care about, of course, are the ones for SAKs. I just received a pair of them custom-made to my own specifications, and I must say that they approach "art." They are made from Kirinite composite and are perfectly machined on a CNC mill. The fit is actually better than scales that come from the Victorinox factory. They fit securely on the body of the knife with nothing more than finger pressure. Absolutely beautiful and eye catching, without being over-the-top. Cuscadi scales have really transformed my Swiss Army Knives. Great customer service too. If you’re lucky, you'll get the chance to chat with Lucas Poloczek, co-owner of the company and someone who is all about customer satisfaction. He is charming and very knowledgeable, and he will make sure you get exactly what you want. It’s a pity that all business transactions can’t be as pleasant as my experiences with Cuscadi. And a pity I don't have enough money to go completely wild and buy all the scales I want.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Re: Review of Cuscadi (Custom Scale Division) scales
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 09:20:13 AM
I have a Camper with orange G-10 scales, I didn't even mount the scales myself (bought it finished from Cuscadi). I had absolutely no problems dealing with them as well.  :tu:

Offline king_doodle

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 12:01:52 PM
Orange G-10 is a great look, Steinar. Would you be willing to post a pic? Micarta is another material that I think looks really sharp.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 01:33:24 PM
Ha! I've just this minute posted a reply to another member re. custom scales on a Spyderco and although i didn't mention names Cuscadi was exactly what i was thinking about...what's the chances of that!

I've got a couple of Spydercos with Cuscadi scales (one's my avatar)... back in a tick, i'll take a photo...

Offline king_doodle

Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 01:36:48 PM
That is uncanny, Fuzzbucket! I would love to see the Spiderco pics. I promised the guys at Cuscadi that I would leave them a good review, and their work certainly deserves it.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 01:55:04 PM
Sorry, not the greatest photos - both my camera and eyes are a bit dusty at the moment...and, to be honest, not that great at the best of times!
20171023_123648.jpg
* 20171023_123648.jpg (Filesize: 379.28 KB)
20171023_123611.jpg
* 20171023_123611.jpg (Filesize: 498.29 KB)
20171023_123711.jpg
* 20171023_123711.jpg (Filesize: 353.96 KB)

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 02:41:43 PM
[quote author=king_doodle link=topic=74342.msg1571277#msg1571277  Absolutely beautiful and eye catching, without being over-the-top. Cuscadi scales have really transformed my Swiss Army Knives.
[/quote]

Those are beautiful scales! :like: :tu: :tu:

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 03:13:47 PM
I've got a Vic Explorer that i keep toying with the idea of getting some nice green or natural micarta Cuscadi scales made for them... hmmmm...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:15:18 PM by Fuzzbucket »

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 06:12:57 PM
Orange G-10 is a great look, Steinar. Would you be willing to post a pic? Micarta is another material that I think looks really sharp.

Not too fond of doing photography, but here's an attempt.
kniv_liten_vaska_komprimert.jpg
* kniv_liten_vaska_komprimert.jpg (Filesize: 247.91 KB)

Offline king_doodle

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 01:37:13 AM
Sorry, not the greatest photos - both my camera and eyes are a bit dusty at the moment...and, to be honest, not that great at the best of times!

Fuzzbucket, those knives are smashing. No dust to be found, friend. Just razor sharp goodness.

Offline king_doodle

Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 01:38:30 AM
Not too fond of doing photography, but here's an attempt.

Love it! There's something about orange and that texture. That's a cool box, by the way.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:42:19 AM by king_doodle »

Offline king_doodle

Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 01:44:47 AM
I've got a Vic Explorer that i keep toying with the idea of getting some nice green or natural micarta Cuscadi scales made for them... hmmmm...

In a lot of ways, micarta is the coolest of them all. Very urbane and sophisticated. Great choice for the explorer for sure. They had a photo of micarta scales that almost looked like tweed.....

Offline king_doodle

Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 01:47:28 AM
Those are beautiful scales! :like: :tu: :tu:

Thanks, VICMAN. Really appreciate you and your supportive group members. The spirit of this group matches the whole vibe of SAKs.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 11:05:04 AM

In a lot of ways, micarta is the coolest of them all. Very urbane and sophisticated. Great choice for the explorer for sure. They had a photo of micarta scales that almost looked like tweed.....

I know - that's exactly the look i like... and it can only look better with age too.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%