Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Skeletool is pretty great

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
The Skeletool is pretty great
on: October 25, 2017, 03:37:03 AM
Just saying what a lot of people already know, and while it does have some drawbacks, it is a great little tool. Been using it very frequently for work over the past year and I really haven't much to complain about except for a blade that likes to keep coming loose. Blade is just about the perfect daily size for me, the combo edge comes in clutch as I have to cut various ropes fairly regularly, and the 420HC edge can be tuned back up with just about any stone. The pliers, while the asymmetric handle design isn't wonderful, are actually pretty damn stout for the size and more confidence inspiring than the cheap knock off pliers kicking around at work. All but replaced my folders, at about the same size in pocket it just offers so much more..... Plus.... Bottle opener.....

While I still enjoy my SAKs a good bit too, I find myself grabbing the Skeletool for just about every job. I've been gone a while, but the MTO spirit hasn't left me!
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: The Skeletool is pretty great
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 04:51:42 AM
I love the Skeley myself as well and it is a great lightweight tool :tu: Especially when i combine it with a SAK :like:

and good to see you back :tu: :like:

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 07:10:42 AM
A Skeletool and a SAK lets Vic and Leatherman each do what they do best.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

R

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 09:55:29 PM
as a minimalist carry option, one tool only, it sure has its attractive. Great tool, and worthy of a  :ahhh

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 02:25:59 AM
I have one for dressy occasions- I think if I didn't try to bring a knife to a wedding, the people who invite me to their weddings might assume I'm a clone or a doppleganger. Maybe even a pod person. Either way, a wedding and lynching- something for everyone.

I like the Skeletool, because I respect it's limitations. OK knife, driver, ok pliers. The bare minimum, and very light. I think a lot of people dislike it expect it to be more like a Surge or ST300, while still being smaller than a fancy little tea sandwich. Or they got one of the ones where LMs infamously deteriorating QC showed up.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 03:16:33 AM
I have one for dressy occasions- I think if I didn't try to bring a knife to a wedding, the people who invite me to their weddings might assume I'm a clone or a doppleganger. Maybe even a pod person. Either way, a wedding and lynching- something for everyone.

I like the Skeletool, because I respect it's limitations. OK knife, driver, ok pliers. The bare minimum, and very light. I think a lot of people dislike it expect it to be more like a Surge or ST300, while still being smaller than a fancy little tea sandwich. Or they got one of the ones where LMs infamously deteriorating QC showed up.

Mine suffers that a bit, Think the pivot screw came without any lock tite as it backs itself out once every few days. Haven't gotten around to putting any in, but hey none of us are perfect......The size and tool load out are perfect for my work.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD