Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fixed blade for 30 day challenge.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Fixed blade for 30 day challenge.
Reply #120 on: November 30, 2017, 09:28:10 AM
Thanks Allen! Nice pic and great combo.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #121 on: November 30, 2017, 12:22:31 PM
Day 30

I have to say it was an interesting experience to carry a fixed blade knife every day. I enjoyed carrying a fixed blade knife but I was very conscious of the fact that some people might not understand that the knife is a tool and they might be concerned, so I was careful to keep it concealed beneath my shirt.  Not a big deal since I wear my shirts out all the time anyway.  I don't think the CRKT was much faster to deploy than my folders so the only real advantage is that it is a sturdy knife in a useful size that will never close on my fingers or get wobbly because of a loose pivot.  I had a few more knives I had planned to try carrying but I liked the CRKT so well I decided to stick with it. The horizontal sheath is very well done.  I am wearing it on my left side between my first and second belt loop so it is positioned between 10 or 11 O'clock if my waist was a clock with my belt buckle at 12. It hangs just slightly tip down and is snug enough that I don't have to worry about the knife falling out if I bend over.  I still want to create a back pocket sheath for this knife that will hold it and a multi tool, probably the Spirit or Rebar. Until I do that it's just fine the way it is.  I also really liked the Buck Pak Lite skinner 140, but it needs to be in Kydex with a horizontal carry option before it will be a serious contender.  I really liked the little Frost Cutlery knife I carried at the beginning of the challenge as well.  It is actually a very comfortable knife to use once I filed the sharp point off the end of the handle.  It also comes in a flat and secure plastic sheath, but out of the box it will only fit on a 1 inch wide belt.  Well, that's all folks.  This was fun.
fixed blade challenge day 30.JPG
* fixed blade challenge day 30.JPG (Filesize: 156.89 KB)
P1110965.jpg
* P1110965.jpg (Filesize: 163.61 KB)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #122 on: November 30, 2017, 01:00:20 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really like the blade and the sheath.  I have been thinking about modding my sheaths so I can carry them like you have been. I think a cross draw is a great idea.
Nate

SEND IT!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #123 on: December 01, 2017, 08:46:22 AM
Congrats Alan.   :cheers:   A badge is in the making, wont be too far away.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #124 on: December 01, 2017, 11:26:32 AM
Cool!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #125 on: December 01, 2017, 12:11:18 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really like the blade and the sheath.  I have been thinking about modding my sheaths so I can carry them like you have been. I think a cross draw is a great idea.

The cross draw does sound appealing :think: I need to track a small fixed blade down and try this :ahhh

Congrats Alan :like: Zoid did a better job on getting the badge in the works than I did :facepalm: But at least he got one being made :salute: :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #126 on: December 01, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

The cross draw does sound appealing :think: I need to track a small fixed blade down and try this :ahhh

Congrats Alan :like: Zoid did a better job on getting the badge in the works than I did :facepalm: But at least he got one being made :salute: :tu:
I think it would also. Mainly the sheath will be out of the way more if that makes sense and less apt to catch on things. Or at least I think it would.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:57:58 PM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #127 on: December 01, 2017, 07:49:12 PM
The sheath for the CRKT Hunt'N Fisch comes as you see it.  That wasn't my doing.  For under $50 on line I highly recommend the Hunt'N Fisch.  I got mine from a company called e-Cop that sells on e-bay. I think it was only $46.00.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #128 on: December 03, 2017, 08:32:28 PM
Badge is up and awarded.     :bud:   :bud:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #129 on: December 03, 2017, 08:52:39 PM
Thanks Zoid!  I'm proud to be the first to receive this new award. :cheers:  OK, who's going to be the next? :pok:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #130 on: December 04, 2017, 11:29:27 AM
Congrats Alan!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #131 on: December 04, 2017, 11:59:06 AM
Congrats on the badge, Alan :like: :like: Was  a great challenge and has me looking at smaller fixed blades now :facepalm: :D

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #132 on: December 04, 2017, 12:21:58 PM
Thanks Zoid!  I'm proud to be the first to receive this new award. :cheers:  OK, who's going to be the next? :pok:
I will probably start a thread and do it again. A few days I didn't get the chance to post pics and a couple of days I was away.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #133 on: December 04, 2017, 10:38:06 PM
Congrats on the badge, Alan :like: :like: Was  a great challenge and has me looking at smaller fixed blades now :facepalm: :D

Carrying a small fixed blade knife was great.  I really enjoyed it and the only time it was an issue for me was going to my doctor's appointments because they have a no weapons sign on the door of the building and I felt a fixed blade had more of a chance of being considered a weapon so it stayed home. I'm looking at other small fixies now to round out my selection, including the Boker Vox Knives Rhino, as well as getting a Kydex sheath for my Buck 140 so it will carry better.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%