Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Customfit Dual

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Gerber Customfit Dual
on: October 27, 2017, 05:46:19 PM
Anyone have experience with Gerbers customfit dual sheath? I would like to carry my multitool and olight s1 mini baton together somehow (other recommendations welcomed)

IMG_2193.JPG
* IMG_2193.JPG (Filesize: 214.81 KB)
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Re: Gerber Customfit Dual
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 11:47:33 PM
I read a couple reviews that complained the unidirectional Velcro wears out pretty quickly.  That was enough for me to pass. If you're only looking for a sheath for those two specific items I can recommend a guy who can make a high quality leather sheath for you for probably not much more.  Shoot me a PM if interested.

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 01:59:38 AM
I have one. I guess almost a year now. It doesen't get carred every day, but at least once a week. The velcro is holding fine. I had a problem until I adjusted the tension properly.

I use mine to carry my CentreDrive and MP600 BN, with tool sleeves. Flashlight is in the elastic strap. Works well for what I do.
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 04:47:58 AM
I have one. I guess almost a year now. It doesen't get carred every day, but at least once a week. The velcro is holding fine. I had a problem until I adjusted the tension properly.

I use mine to carry my CentreDrive and MP600 BN, with tool sleeves. Flashlight is in the elastic strap. Works well for what I do.

Good to hear a firsthand opinion.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 06:50:36 AM
Welp. I ended up going back to get it.

Impressions. Seems very well built. I like the quite Velcro tech, works as advertised. This features new to me, wish more had this type of unidirectional Velcro. In contrast my molle sheath Leatherman case (I like too) can wake a seeping baby two doors down with all that Velcro!  :o

But, as much as I like that feature. This things large and in charge  :o . Should have been more obvious to me that if I wanted to carry so much stuff the down side is that I'll be carrying a very large obstacle on my hip. Honestly might as well wear a fanny pack at that point  :D I thought that the flexibility this sheath had was able to vary the depth and size of the pockets. Not just adjust the top flaps reach ultimately.

I don't think this case is for me. If anyone wants to see pictures or comparisons let me know before I take it back to cabelas.
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD