Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

24 hour Go Bag

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: 24 hour Go Bag
Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 06:02:51 PM
following with interest   :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #31 on: November 30, 2017, 12:12:33 PM
Dice, D&D style.

I have a very special d20 I might include in my bug out gear. Stupid thing always fails, one in three chance of rolling a 1 when I retired it.

There is something appropriate about crit failing your last save roll with your last breath.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 12:47:08 PM
An emergency bag in the company's van makes sense.
I'm in it a few hours a day, sometimes more then an hour from home.

My own car is only used in the weekends and almost never for long distances.

So if I had to choose 1 vehicle to be prepped a little, it should be the van, while it's the other way around right now...

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 02:45:34 PM
Dice, D&D style.

I have a very special d20 I might include in my bug out gear. Stupid thing always fails, one in three chance of rolling a 1 when I retired it.

There is something appropriate about crit failing your last save roll with your last breath.

people put decks of cards and other things in emergency bags, for something to do in the event of 'down time'. I can waste, and have wasted countless hours with role playing games. Character sheets can be condensed to tiny sheets of paper, and games can entertain people for long hours. Also, since there are three six-sided dice, it also lets you play craps if RPGs aren't your thing. I HAD a deck of cards in there. Need to put those back in. It was a cool set of cards made of plastic. Completely waterproof.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #34 on: December 01, 2017, 03:31:40 AM
Dice, D&D style.

people put decks of cards and other things in emergency bags, for something to do in the event of 'down time'. I can waste, and have wasted countless hours with role playing games. Character sheets can be condensed to tiny sheets of paper, and games can entertain people for long hours. Also, since there are three six-sided dice, it also lets you play craps if RPGs aren't your thing. I HAD a deck of cards in there. Need to put those back in. It was a cool set of cards made of plastic. Completely waterproof.

Yep. Everyone should have a deck like these Maxpedition waterproof playing cards in their bag:

:tu:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 09:53:00 PM
Here's the closest I have to one, but the idea of it is more to stay put than to take off. My biggest issue to ever really need to worry about is becoming stranded in the winter. I find myself on the road a lot, regardless of the conditions, and always want to make sure that I can do okay if I were to be stuck in the truck for a while. Thinking in terms of hours more so than days.

Few things missing from the picture are a SOG folding shovel, candles, my Rebar and MP600 along with another light that stay in the truck, and waters. I want to get a portable radio, as well as something to boil water in, though not really a huge priority. This is in addition to the crap I'll usually have with me and things like jerky and a few drinks, extra jacket, stuff that I keep kicking around in there anyway. I don't really think I'd end up stuck, but that's ,my most realistic scenario and not one I'd like to deal with without any forethought.

Here's the emphasis on the tools, since this is MTO

And all buttoned up

I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 11:55:26 PM
Nice little setup Higgs
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 01:09:28 AM
I love the bag, believe it's a Vietnam era butt pack so has clips to fit on a belt too. It'll fit a deceptively large amount of junk too
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD