Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

anyone edc a micro toolclip?

us Offline WiSAKfan

anyone edc a micro toolclip?
on: October 31, 2017, 12:58:21 AM
hi everyone just wondering if anyone, with the plethora of M.T.s available, every day carry's a micro toolclip?

anyone try to and switch out...mind sharing why?

thanks

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: anyone edc a micro toolclip?
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 02:41:43 AM
hi everyone just wondering if anyone, with the plethora of M.T.s available, every day carry's a micro toolclip?

I have several (including some in pretty colours), but for me the LM Squirt P4 is a much better shape and format for pocket carry, so the SOGs remain in the "SOGMINI" box along with all the other small SOG MTs.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 02:43:39 AM

I have several (including some in pretty colours), but for me the LM Squirt P4 is a much better shape and format for pocket carry, so the SOGs remain in the "SOGMINI" box along with all the other small SOG MTs.
If you have a red one and are tired of it, I would be happy to take it off of your hands.   :whistle:
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 02:53:13 AM
I bought one for myself and one for a friend last year and I tried using mine a few days, but found it deficient compared to other mini tools in the price range. My friend loved it and carries it in her hand bag everywhere and says she uses it a few times a week. I guess your needs are what will be a deciding factor. It is not expensive and worth a try. The phillips on the handle blows though. IMO
For the money, a Gerber Dime or clutch is far better. IMO of course.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 07:49:46 AM
The horrible file pisses me off too much to ever carry this thing. Why bother including it?

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 10:15:02 AM
I agree the file is pretty pointless, but the reason I don't carry mine is the bottle opener tool layer is way too far into extreme nail breaker territory. It's obviously a defect, since I only have experienced so heavy opening in slip-joints filled with old, dried up crud, and the two other layers are easy to open. In other words F&F is pretty bad on mine. I wanted to like it, but, no... It's a charming design, but I sort of like being able to use a tool I carry without using five minutes getting at the implements.  :td:

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 02:05:37 PM
thanks everyone for their input, I appreciate it.

The comparisons to smaller tools like the dime helped me realize the micro tool clip may be smaller then I had judged from pictures...

sadly it sounds like QQ and tool design issues hold back a tool that in theory is a good little M.T.

amazon has the sog brews and screws kit for $17 that includes the micro toolclip and the macv tool but I think I'll hold off

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 02:40:05 PM
Micro TC with other SOG models.
20171030_224513-1.jpeg
* 20171030_224513-1.jpeg (Filesize: 106.35 KB)
20171030_224552-1.jpeg
* 20171030_224552-1.jpeg (Filesize: 87.47 KB)
20171030_224618-1.jpeg
* 20171030_224618-1.jpeg (Filesize: 139.36 KB)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 02:41:41 PM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 04:04:00 AM
If you have a red one and are tired of it, I would be happy to take it off of your hands.   :whistle:

Unfortunately postage costs from Oz to the US are very high (making it rather uneconomic for me to sell you one of mine), but if I see one for sale in the US I'll let you know.   :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline WiSAKfan

Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 01:36:27 PM
thanks for the photos  :like: :like:

yeah I'm sure I'll bump into one of these at some point or another...but I can't justify trying it for edc with my current stable of M.T.s now given everyone's experiences with it.

There's a vid on youtube about the micro toolclip and 'how it's now worth it for even $9' that lays out some of the flaws in this M.T.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%