Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Let me see your homemade sheaths!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Let me see your homemade sheaths!
Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 07:13:45 PM
NIx, Aloha, sak60, and you all. Lovely sheaths!!
I'd like to have the ability and patience to make those kind of carry systems  :tu:

:like: :like:

You just need to be a little more Peacent and you'll be able to do it.

:D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 07:14:21 PM
Before I forget:

:nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 05:01:09 PM
NIx, Aloha, sak60, and you all. Lovely sheaths!!
I'd like to have the ability and patience to make those kind of carry systems  :tu:

:like: :like:

You just need to be a little more Peacent and you'll be able to do it.

:D :D

wish so
 :rofl:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Vadim

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 23, 2017, 09:15:06 AM
11-16-16-9 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-10 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-11 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-12 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-13 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-14 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-15 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-16 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-17-16-3 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-17-16-4 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-17-16-2 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-17-16-1 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

2-14-17-1 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

2-14-17-2 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-30-17-1 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-30-17-2 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

12-19-17-1 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

12-19-17-2 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

------------------------
some not leather sheath leatherwork:

10-24-17-3 by VaDimZH, on Flickr
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 09:19:24 AM by Vadim »

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: December 23, 2017, 12:15:19 PM
11-16-16-9 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-10 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-11 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-12 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-13 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-14 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-15 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-16-16-16 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-17-16-3 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-17-16-4 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-17-16-2 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-17-16-1 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

2-14-17-1 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

2-14-17-2 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-30-17-1 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

11-30-17-2 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

12-19-17-1 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

12-19-17-2 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

------------------------
some not leather sheath leatherwork:

10-24-17-3 by VaDimZH, on Flickr
Great work, amazing sheaths

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: December 23, 2017, 01:08:21 PM

well, sir, those are all astoundingly beautiful but the Surge one will haunt my dreams from now on... :o
True talent   :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Vadim

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: December 23, 2017, 07:30:19 PM
RF52
ThePeacent

Thank you!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #37 on: December 23, 2017, 07:53:55 PM
Here’s one I made a while back from scratch, not the best but it worked.. there’s a few others but I can’t find the pics, I suppose I could take new pics if I can find them.
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline RF52

Reply #38 on: December 23, 2017, 07:55:36 PM
Here’s one I made a while back from scratch, not the best but it worked.. there’s a few others but I can’t find the pics, I suppose I could take new pics if I can find them.
JR
Looks good

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: December 23, 2017, 08:31:18 PM
Found the others, put them in order, it all started because I bought a surefire, I had a combo sheath for a Maglite but the surefire was too big to fit, so I had to make something.. that first one I made overnight cause I had to have something for the next day, then I tried my hand at leather, wasn’t the best but hey it worked, I still had the better leather to make something nice but I didn’t want to waste it so I kept working on a few leather things to get the hang of it and finally made that pancake sheath, that was my fave, I used that for years! But then kinda got out of carrying a multitool, nor a massive flashlight, so I made something smaller, then just a single sak sheath for a custom one I had made, but I’ve been using a pocket carry sak, yet I did customize the already made sheaths to match, :whistle:
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline RF52

Reply #40 on: December 23, 2017, 10:21:45 PM
Nice sheaths everyone, looks like I will have to try some leatherwork myself someday

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: December 23, 2017, 11:04:59 PM
Nice sheaths everyone, looks like I will have to try some leatherwork myself someday

Best of luck, it’s fun yet stressful, easy yet hard and yet all at the same time, fig that out.. but well worth it in the end..
JR

se Offline RF52

Reply #42 on: December 23, 2017, 11:08:43 PM

Best of luck, it’s fun yet stressful, easy yet hard and yet all at the same time, fig that out.. but well worth it in the end..
JR
I can only imagine. Do you have any pointers for a newbie?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: December 23, 2017, 11:22:11 PM

JR

I’m not the best, but as for tips, it pretty much depends on how or what your going to do?
If stitching with a large needle, use something to push it through, over time the fingers are going to be VERY sensitive!
Forming, make sure you use plenty of extra, makes it much more easier and it can always be cut off,
Oh a little trick I like, if punching holes for the stitching, you can also use a dremel/ rotary tool with a very small bit 10times more easy, you don’t have to push so hard! Hope this helps..
JR

se Offline RF52

Reply #44 on: December 23, 2017, 11:44:39 PM

JR

I’m not the best, but as for tips, it pretty much depends on how or what your going to do?
If stitching with a large needle, use something to push it through, over time the fingers are going to be VERY sensitive!
Forming, make sure you use plenty of extra, makes it much more easier and it can always be cut off,
Oh a little trick I like, if punching holes for the stitching, you can also use a dremel/ rotary tool with a very small bit 10times more easy, you don’t have to push so hard! Hope this helps..
JR
Thanks I have started to get some needles and stuff and I have a piece of leather thats supposed to be a knife sheath eventualy so I just have to sit down and try someday.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: December 23, 2017, 11:47:24 PM

JR

JR
Thanks I have started to get some needles and stuff and I have a piece of leather thats supposed to be a knife sheath eventualy so I just have to sit down and try someday.

No prob, like I said I’m not great but if you have any questions don’t hesitate to pm me..
JR

se Offline RF52

Reply #46 on: December 23, 2017, 11:54:05 PM

JR

JR

No prob, like I said I’m not great but if you have any questions don’t hesitate to pm me..
JR
Thanks!

au Offline sak60

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: December 24, 2017, 08:19:11 AM
JR
really like that JR  :tu:
Andrew

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: December 24, 2017, 05:29:55 PM

JR

Buy cheap leather to work out patterns on before trying an idea on expensive stuff unless you're sure of yourself. I use my leatherman all the time to pull the needle through the leather, far easier on my fingers. Measure out more thread than you think you need, thread is cheap, far cheaper than your time having to undo an entire line of stitching and redoing it because you guessed wrong. Use a very sharp thin knife to cut the leather for a clean cut.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

se Offline RF52

Reply #49 on: December 24, 2017, 06:22:41 PM

JR

Buy cheap leather to work out patterns on before trying an idea on expensive stuff unless you're sure of yourself. I use my leatherman all the time to pull the needle through the leather, far easier on my fingers. Measure out more thread than you think you need, thread is cheap, far cheaper than your time having to undo an entire line of stitching and redoing it because you guessed wrong. Use a very sharp thin knife to cut the leather for a clean cut.
Great tips everyone! Much appreciated!

us Offline Vadim

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: January 13, 2018, 07:21:25 AM

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #51 on: January 13, 2018, 08:53:15 AM

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #52 on: January 16, 2018, 03:49:34 PM
Some great ideas and wonderful sheaths in this thread.  Thank you for the tips MadPlumbarian and pomsbz.  MadPlubarian and Vadim - very very nice.

John.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #53 on: January 16, 2018, 04:23:41 PM
Some great ideas and wonderful sheaths in this thread.  Thank you for the tips MadPlumbarian and pomsbz.  MadPlubarian and Vadim - very very nice.

John.
Thanks, no prob, if any questions just ask or pm, I’ll try to help..
JR

us Offline Vadim

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: January 24, 2018, 12:25:09 AM

John.

Thanks John !  :hatsoff:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #55 on: February 01, 2018, 12:55:45 PM
Nix made this awesome, open top low profile sheath for the 110 he sent to me

retention is superb, material well treated and crafted and the construction very solid

also allows for concealment and avoiding trouble, but still having the knife easily accessible   :salute:

this is what I call an ideal sheath for the 110   :like:

My toys:

us Offline Vadim

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: February 03, 2018, 09:16:26 AM
SEBENZA 21 with Left Handed Leather Sheath.

2-2-18-3 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

2-2-18-1 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

2-2-18-2 by VaDimZH, on Flickr

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: February 03, 2018, 06:27:25 PM

What are the snaps/rivets for?
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline Vadim

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: February 03, 2018, 09:10:36 PM

For horizontal belt carry.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:11:59 PM by Vadim »

se Offline RF52

Reply #59 on: February 03, 2018, 09:21:28 PM

For horizontal belt carry.

(Image removed from quote.)
Very nice

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86