Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hello!......again

pt Offline RamoN

Hello!......again
on: November 05, 2017, 01:42:15 PM
Hey everyone, used to lurk around a long time ago had a modest assortment of saks, multis, knives and tools. Then life changed, had to sell most of it and remained with a wenger commander and a ranger 90 (couldnt sell those). For a long time they covered my needs and the ranger 90 saw particularly heavy use for more than a year when i started sailing regularly, amazing sak.

Then life changed again, chose to move to another country and had to leave everything behind except a swisscard, bladeless because they made me toss the little blade away at the airport.. When i arrived bought a pocketknife because one must have a pocketknife. A while ago i got into smoking cigars regularly so went to buy a cutter and at the cigar shop they had the wenger cigar cutter sak, well the new vic version of it....i always wanted that sak...so after a bit of bartering went home with a couple of cigars, lighter and a cigar cutter sak, so thats it i said. Then landed a job where after a while i realized a multitool would be of great help as i have need for blades, pliers, prybar... In the past i had a few heavy duty leathermans but never got to try the supertool 300, i need it, i want it, so lets buy it and thats it a full set for every occasion  :tu:

Couple of weeks ago, rainy sunday afternoon, (you know those dangerous days when you have nothing to do and go online), was checking the local olx for some stuff related to sailing and i think only because i was bored i typed wenger at the search field, browsed the results and lo and behold, my most wanted sak ever, a swissgrip, red, in box with all accesories, for a 100 euro and not only in the same country but the same city im in  :ahhh ok.... breathe..... it surely is too good to be true, description said only one owner had it and never used it for more than 20 years. I really tried to ignore it, waited two weeks, still there, finally i decided to go check it out, surely is in very poor shape, i will make an even lower offer get rejected and leave, good plan.

Called the seller and we met, scales perfect no marks of being dropped, blade no play no marks and great edge, pliers no marks and no lateral play and good stiffness, rest of the tools the same, box a bit battered but complete, again...  :ahhh     i would have happily paid the 100 euro but my adult plan was to get rejected so i made an even lower offer and he accepted   :cheers:

I wont say for how long i wanted one of these and how many ways i tried to get one, maybe ill do a test in the future and put it there, thing is i was so happy that i wanted to share the good news but who on earth can understand the love for a sak  :think: well thats how i remembered this place, to my surprise found it not only pretty much alive but as friendly as ever, which is no small feat in todays internet.

Well if anyone got this far reading here is a quick and poor pic of my new companions (forgot the swisscard)
IMG_20171105_123948-01.jpeg
* IMG_20171105_123948-01.jpeg (Filesize: 128.1 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Hello!......again
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 01:57:55 PM
Let me be the first to welcome you back home.  Great selection of tools you've managed to acquire.  Its nice to hear the Ranger 90 held it own as a sailing tool.  Hope you'll hang out with us and share your new tools adventures.  Oh and love the Red Swissgrip.  She's a beauty.    :salute:   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 02:03:48 PM
Welcome back !     :cheers:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 03:59:27 PM
as Steve said welcome back
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 02:29:38 AM
Sweet looking Swissgrip   :tu:
Welcome home to  :MTO:
Where you can try to stop buying, but you will never leave.
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 10:47:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome!  :cheers:

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 12:23:59 PM
Welcome back  :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 02:50:57 PM
very nice to have you back, and your collection shows you know how to pick!  very nice ones there   :cheers:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 02:59:24 PM
Long time, no see! Glad to have you back! Nice looking tools too.
Nate

SEND IT!

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 09:22:07 PM
Thanks  :cheers:

Thepeacent i know how to pick in part thanks to my experience here and also thanks to my experience here i cant seem to stop picking new ones  :rofl:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:32:10 PM by RamoN »

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 01:34:27 PM
Thanks  :cheers:

Thepeacent i know how to pick in part thanks to my experience here and also thanks to my experience here i cant seem to stop picking new ones  :rofl:

yeah we even have a meme for that    :assimilate:

:rofl: :rofl:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 12:09:33 PM
Welcome back to :MTO: :cheers: and great story as well :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30