Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What we've been waiting for, Home is where the heart is!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Well, it’s done! All the paperwork is filled out and filed, and we are now the new owners! We just got the keys to our new house :woohoo: a cute little cozy house even has a two car garage! :D
   We’ve been talking about moving for a year but took the next step a few months ago and started looking and then talked with someone who was great, and then I saw this nice little house, we all took a look and saw the opportunity’s so we talked it over and said let’s do it! I didn’t say anything on here cause it would be my luck that something would come up and it wouldn’t happen, but it’s official keys in hand! Now for the bad part, MOVING! I so hate this part, even though 90% is already packed and we’re even getting movers cause neither of us drive, but I hate it! Happens next week, so I got a week to get things going and hopefully the back pain goes away, so if I’m not online for a few days now you know why,,
   Funny thing is the boss didn’t even know but predicted it, lol..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: What we've been waiting for, Home is where the heart is!
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 03:58:45 AM
Congratulations!!!!!
I was rooting for you the whole time and understood that you did not want a jinx post. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 04:49:33 AM
Thanks,,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 04:50:20 AM
Congrats !!!!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 06:44:20 AM
Congratulations. Moving is the worst part of a new home, but it will be great once you've settled in.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 06:54:52 AM
Huge congrats to you all.  Now finish packing a get settled in so we can see what cool things you have planned for that garage space.  Oh the ideas.  The possibilities.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 06:56:00 AM
Congrats!
Always exciting to start a new chapter!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 07:33:09 AM
 :drink:  congratulations to you both  :salute: you will all have a lovely life there ,and no annoying neighbours too close  ;)

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 10:52:28 AM
Fantastic news J - so happy for you and Mrs MP too, and glad to have this little mystery solved in such a nice way  :cheers:

At least once the move is over you'll be settled in your own cosy home.  :like:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

england Offline Kev D

Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 11:03:29 AM
Congratulations  :cheers:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 12:04:14 PM
Congratulations guys!  :cheers:
Happy for you. :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 12:23:08 PM
Very nice MadP :tu: Congrats to both of you :cheers: :like:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 12:28:27 PM
Congrats MadP! Are you still in Michigan, or are moving to a new state?
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 02:10:44 PM
Thanks everyone! A answer to each,

Yeah moving sucks, I’ve done it enough and I swore to myself if I did it again I’d hire someone to do it for us, well we kinda fell into a little problem since neither of us drive so well, we kinda got stuck into hiring, so I guess it worked, lol..

That garage is going to see a future, but not to soon, it’s a two car, the older kid wants to get a muscle car to have something to work on, well that’s going to be a while, and the other side I’d like to turn into a workshop, well, you’ve seen my workshop, it’s a 4’ x 2' workbench, so it wouldn’t take up much space, lol, so that hobby desk will be going into the spare bedroom turning into an office/workout room,, so in time the garage will transform, I must say the old fridge in the house will be moved out very soon :D

Ahh, neighbors, only on one side and not connected! It’s a corner lot another little plus, to top it off across the street to the side is a huge field/playground, which I got no beef with, kids can jump and stomp as hard as they want, I ain’t going to hear anything through my floorboards! Only downer is two sides of sidewalk that has to get shoveled, or will it? Cause theirs always a snowblower :think: lol..

Yeah sorry about the mystery, it’s just our luck if I kept saying things, things wouldn’t have worked out! But I must say one of our agents was freaking great, came out to our place to go over papers, funny too, when we did something wrong he faceplanted the table, splat, lol! And last night at the closing he had everyone in office with a smile!

And yes still in Michigan, in the same town too, but at the other end, it’s great here, with our non driving, now everything will be in a little walk distance, especially for the little guy, since he will be dropping the homeschool and attending high school next year he will be within under a quarter mile from the school, if you walk out the front door and on the street you can see it at the end of the road!

Thanks everybody, it means a lot to hear it from everyone, I’ll try to keep everyone updated,
Here’s a bunch of pics that I put together to kinda make it 3d,
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 03:31:09 PM
Great looking house  JR !  :like:    looks like it has been well maintained and bonus being on a corner lot !   :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 03:38:22 PM
I've moved several times since starting on this forum.  Its never horrible but not something I look forward too either.  Great thing for you all is this should be the last since its yours.  House looks great too.  Detached garage?  Nice get away when you need some time.  Shoveling snow?  What does that mean?  :whistle:

I am really very excited for you all.  This is a wonderful time for you all.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 03:57:29 PM
I've moved several times since starting on this forum.  Its never horrible but not something I look forward too either.  Great thing for you all is this should be the last since its yours.  House looks great too.  Detached garage?   Nice get away when you need some time.  Shoveling snow?  What does that mean?  :whistle:

I am really very excited for you all.  This is a wonderful time for you all.   
Yup!
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: November 11, 2017, 01:50:37 AM
We had to go shopping and pick up a few(a lot of)things, even snuck me in a flashlight :whistle: , but I took you guys with me!
JR :D

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 02:59:31 PM
We had to go shopping and pick up a few(a lot of)things, even snuck me in a flashlight :whistle: , but I took you guys with me!

You can't go wrong with Maglite  :tu: I've got them all around the house and in the car  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 03:46:53 PM

You can't go wrong with Maglite  :tu: I've got them all around the house and in the car  :tu:
Nope, like I just posted, the one I have is a mod, I replaced the bulb to an led which put the lumens up to like 200 something, but I also have a defensive bezel on it, sharp as heck too, but the problem is you only did like one complete turn and it started to come apart, and well then they came out with this one, and I’ve kinda been wanting to get it, so I kinda snuck it in the cart :whistle: so I just have to put the bezel on, only thing is everything’s packed :( but I’ll have two bright lights but one ultimate! I’ll have to get another like a 4D cell and put it at the front door like I did before, get a hook, like one used to hold a shovel with a rubber coating, hmm maybe there’s one in the garage? :think: but if a power outage or loud noise, it’s right there, or even an uninvited guest :twak: :twak: :twak:
Lol
JR

Hey, there’s two doors so maybe I can get two :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:49:01 PM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 12:43:14 AM
Took a trip over and did some more work, the little guys bedroom and office area got a paint update, he wanted it changed up, so in the one room the two end walls red, then in the other room a red ceiling. He chipped in and did some painting, but not much, I think mom did more even though she’s not feeling to good, so of course I’m the one stuck doing everything..
   Still got some trim work and part of the ceiling to finish in his room, downstairs the other kids room needs "special" paint and carpet installed, along with a somewhat hallway that is also a laundry room and bathroom, thus tomorrow’s work, of course if the Mrs isn’t feeling to good she’ll stay home and I get the older kid since he’s off,
   I just need something to go easy for once..
JR

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 12:47:45 AM
Congrats!   :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 01:31:12 AM

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 03:08:30 AM
Everything’s packed up, so how do you open a quick dinner? Never fear the sak is here!
JR

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 04:44:27 PM
Everything’s packed up, so how do you open a quick dinner? Never fear the sak is here!
JR

It's getting there mate  :salute:

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 08:51:32 PM
Congrats Jr and family  :cheers:
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 12:13:22 AM
Thanks eamo,

Just got back from the house, been there since like 10am, but the little guys room is DONE! All painting is done, even finished the other kids bedrooms painting, so paint is DONE! Oh my back is hurting, either stretching or hunched backwards to do the ceiling, oh my back is sooo liking sitting down and relaxing! Just have to lay some flooring downstairs and I think it’s going to be time to move in, still a couple things but we’ll be out of here!
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 12:24:25 AM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 03:07:33 AM
Two pics that the Mrs took, the one is me and the older kid up in the little guys area, and the other is the two kids in the older ones room, they might be at two diff ends but hey, their both in the same room and working together! lol..
JR

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 05:51:31 AM
Congratulations family Plumbarian. Good score on a corner lot near a park. Nothing like home ownership. Happy days and more good on ya

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%