Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

A Missed Opportunity 448

Hero Member Posts: 533
A Missed Opportunity
« on: November 12, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »
I'm sure I passed up panning in a gold mine, but I simply didn't have the time to stay and finger thru all of these.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
No Life Club Posts: 3,802
Re: A Missed Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:33:42 PM »
Then why didn't you offer $100 for the lot and grabbed them all at once, while hasting to your next stop? :D

I never even encountered a second hand 58mm, so for $1 my heart would skip a beat or 2.

Buy now or regret later
Full Member Posts: 199 Douglas's papa
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 08:48:45 PM »
I'm sure I passed up panning in a gold mine, but I simply didn't have the time to stay and finger thru all of these.(Image removed from quote.)

If I went through them they would all be Chinese, or worse.

Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands

137% Redneck
Hero Member Posts: 730 tooled up
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »
I'm sure I passed up panning in a gold mine, but I simply didn't have the time to stay and finger thru all of these.(Image removed from quote.)

Damn, what an opportunity.  Should have asked how much for the lot.

-----5hif7y-----
No Life Club Posts: 3,802
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 08:56:12 PM »

Don't you act like you feel that would be a bad thing :pok:

Buy now or regret later
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 13,266 mmmmm SAKrelicious
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 08:57:05 PM »

Yup - move away from the bins. Move away from the bins.

'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

Founder and half-arsed member of the SAKMC
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 11:04:34 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :drool: :oops:

I feel like the guy who went out with a hooker one time & never lived it down................HUSH Doug :facepalm:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:07:12 PM by Butch »

137% Redneck
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 11:10:22 PM »
I spent probably 30-seconds rummaging through the bins.  Everything I touched was a China branded clone.  The ones that looked like Vic Classics, were not.  The multi-tools were unbranded from what I saw.

Not to say there weren't good items in there, but I wasn't seeing them during my very quick search.

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
No Life Club Posts: 1,337 An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 11:50:00 PM »
The question I have to ask is how did the seller accumulate buckets of cheap Chinese knockoffs (with some cheap wine keys and small scissors) that he could sell for $1 each? Looks like all of the stuff that TSA couldn't get rid of to anyone else. LOL
Hero Member Posts: 981
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 02:57:12 AM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :drool: :oops:

I feel like the guy who went out with a hooker one time & never lived it down................HUSH Doug :facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 01:16:06 PM »
The question I have to ask is how did the seller accumulate buckets of cheap Chinese knockoffs (with some cheap wine keys and small scissors) that he could sell for $1 each? Looks like all of the stuff that TSA couldn't get rid of to anyone else. LOL
That's exactly what I was thinking.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 01:49:16 PM »

Since I retired I have spent many hours buying & selling knives. You can buy TSA knives for $0.20 or less all the time then sell the good ones from $5.00 to $15.00. So $1.00 each for these types is still very profitable.

137% Redneck
Sr. Member Posts: 350
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 05:03:14 AM »
That would be an exciting find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez
No Life Club Posts: 1,454 One Day Closer To Death
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 06:57:49 AM »

Since I retired I have spent many hours buying & selling knives. You can buy TSA knives for $0.20 or less all the time then sell the good ones from $5.00 to $15.00. So $1.00 each for these types is still very profitable.

how do you get tsa stuff? are the auctions listed somewhere?

BB :B:
Hero Member Posts: 981
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 07:06:54 AM »

Just do a surch of the bay, they're all over it.  Try as many combinations as you can think of.  TSA, TSA knives, Knives TSA, etc...you can even be brand speciifc if you want to.  Those just cost a little more. 
Have fun and buy them all, so I won't be tempted.

"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 07:11:12 AM »

Just do a surch of the bay, they're all over it.  Try as many combinations as you can think of.  TSA, TSA knives, Knives TSA, etc...you can even be brand speciifc if you want to.  Those just cost a little more. 
Have fun and buy them all, so I won't be tempted.

I mean where do those guys get them, I want to cut out the middle man

:ahhh :gimme: https://www.nbcnewyork.co...ated-Items-421469643.html
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:30:12 AM by Blackbeard »

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 07:39:24 AM »
govdeals.com seems to be popping up as I search, but I thought there might be local auctions or something
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:40:48 AM by Blackbeard »

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $405.43
PayPal Fees: $24.41
Net Balance: $381.02
Above Goal: $106.02
Site Currency: USD
139% 
November Donations

Community Links