Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Classic 2018 Design Competition Results Announced

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Here we go:

https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Explore/Inspiration/Classic-Limited-Edition/cms/classic-limited-edition

These designs just get better and better - I like the fact they now have a theme for each year - I guess it was (famous) locations around the world for 2018
The animals from last year were great too.

I want all of both these sets !!!

EDIT:
Bit of an ethnic/native Pacific theme this year with the Maori and Hawaiian inspired designs and even the Mexican sunset on the other side!
Although one design this year is rather unfortunately named - I know what they mean by 'Call of Nature'
- I love camping and would love to climb the Matterhorn (- I have climbed some of the other mountains around there!!)
- But in my speak that usually means going for a pee  :o
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 03:30:39 AM by Huntsman »

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Victorinox Classic 2018 Design Competition Results Announced
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 02:50:42 PM
Here we go:

https://www.victorinox.com/global/en/Explore/Inspiration/Classic-Limited-Edition/cms/classic-limited-edition

These designs just get better and better - I like the fact they now have a theme for each year - I guess it was (famous) locations around the world for 2018
The animals from last year were great too.

I want all of both these sets !!!

Thanks for sharing. Those are some beautiful knives!  :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 03:08:41 PM
This line isn't doing a whole lot for me.

They appear to be nicely designed overall, but leave me flat. Strikes me as a bit of a random collection. Maybe tourist souvenirs for a very few interesting places in the world.  A couple of the designs just seem campy. London represented by a phone booth? Hmmmm.... 

So....pretty colors and a nice graphic designs, but a clean miss for me.  :shrug:

us Offline watchandknife

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 11:15:02 PM
This line isn't doing a whole lot for me.

They appear to be nicely designed overall, but leave me flat. Strikes me as a bit of a random collection. Maybe tourist souvenirs for a very few interesting places in the world.  A couple of the designs just seem campy. London represented by a phone booth? Hmmmm.... 

So....pretty colors and a nice graphic designs, but a clean miss for me.  :shrug:

Designs are very nice but like you said these are more tourist souvenirs and would be great at the duty free shops in the airports. I may pick up the nyc one to represent but hopefully these aren't the only classic designs for 2018. Now all thats left is the color for the alox 2018 edition, I feel like they have used up all the colors already  :think:
Follow me on Instagram @    watchandknife

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 04:18:19 AM
Thanks for the info.

I like them. Locality knife are always a favorite with me.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%