Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

sogzilla help

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
sogzilla help
on: November 18, 2017, 08:38:15 AM
I got a set of star/torx bits and want to put the clip on the opposite side, but the rivets the screws attach to just spins and spins, and I cant extract the screws. there doesnt seem to be a way to hold it from the outside without damaging the scales, I'm guessing theres some loctite involved as well. has anyone ever worked on one of these with success?

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: sogzilla help
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:41:10 PM
With steady hands, you could grind a slot for a flathead screwdriver in the rivet, using a Dremel tool & a cutoff disk.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 10:23:33 PM
With steady hands, you could grind a slot for a flathead screwdriver in the rivet, using a Dremel tool & a cutoff disk.

damn, I don't think I'm up for that challenge, can barely take these picks without phone moving around  :rofl:
I do have a dremel but with all those rpms im imaging a nice gouge in the scales...granted I got this in a walmart clearance bin for $7, but I dont want to take a chance, to me this knife is set up for lefties, I'm kinda ambidextrous but not with knifes, always in right front pocket :

u can see they left a slot to reverse the clip, but its too small to get any type of tool in to grab the rivet and hold it still. tried an eraser to stop it from spinning but no good, cant even find a youtube vid of someone doing this flip to clip

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:46:12 PM
Maybe heat it with a solder iron to break any loctite then pull/push on the top of the pocket clip and try to get some friction there.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 11:07:52 PM
been wanting to get into electronics/flashlight mods, but I don't have a soldering iron right now, I threw one away that was a cheapo type a few months ago, only thing I have is propane torch for silver soldering and acetylene regulator and tips for brazing, but still, why they made it like this is just plain silly. do the spydercos this is cloned off have this goofy setup?

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 06:59:49 AM
damn those Spydercos look awesome, and user serviceable. Cant for the life of me figure out what SOG was thinking with this clip. I'll probably just toss it in my car or backpack

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 08:08:27 AM
Not all spyderco knives can be taken apart, rivets are still being used.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%