Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nebo Slyde+.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Nebo Slyde+.
on: November 18, 2017, 01:27:26 PM
I bought this particular flashlight in a small outdoor store located in Spanish Ontario Canada. I thought this was an interesting  flashlight, and I will say after owning and using it for a few months, this is a good design with some faults.

The Nebo Slyde+ is a flashlight with a hidden secret. Hiding inside its unassuming exterior is a work light. This is accessed by pulling apart the flashlight. Unfortunately, the work light automatically turns on as soon as you do this. This blinds me every-time. Not sure why I haven't learnt to point the flashlight in the other direction yet as I do this. But that is one of my concerns with this flashlight. I have to condition myself to point the power button away from my face when activating the work light.

Built and finish are top notch. The button feels wonderful, and the sliding action is smooth as silk. Not sure how that smooth as silk action will suffer if dirt and dust starts to cake the works, and that is another possible detraction from the design. Brand spanking new however, the feel of this flashlight is wonderful. The Nebo exudes quality...possibly more so when compared to the likes of the Bell & Howell Tac Light which I took a photo of for size comparison.

At least the Nebo commercial isn't as cheesy as the Tac Lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgHPb8UfqV4 

Also be aware, that there is an upgraded version called the Slyde King out there now.

I also bought the belt sheath accessory for the flashlight. The sheath is basically a strip of nylon held together by two elastics, meaning this sheath could fit lots of other things than the Slyde+. I love the metal clip on the sheath.

The box has a lot of details all over it.

The Nebo Slyde+ offers a wide variation of light levels on the main flashlight. Pressing the power button constantly dims the main light until the flashlight comes back to the brightest setting. The flashlight will then flash once to let you know that you are now back to maximum power. Instead of offering two or three power levels, the Slyde+ offers many levels. Selecting your light level can be tricky. I found myself going past the brightest spot several times as I tried to get the maximum light level, but kept rolling past the point where I should have let off on the power button. I guess with the proper training, this won't be an issue...much like my constantly getting blinded by the work light when I first pull apart the flashlight.

Likewise, the work light offers a white light mode, a constant red light mode, and a blinking red light mode. These are activated by pressing the main power button to scroll to the right light mode when the work light feature is in use.

Here is the Nebo Slyde+ compared to the Bell & Howell Tac Light.

The base features a very powerful magnet.

The Nebo Slyde+ also features a zoom front crown. Unlike the Tac Light, the beam remains a normal circular shape. Unlike the Tac Light with you push and pull the crown, the Nebo uses a more controllable rotating motion. The LED in use is of better quality than those found on the Tac Light.

Pull both ends of the Slyde+ apart to access the hidden work light.

The Nebo Slyde+ is powerd by 4 AAA dry cells that slide into two compartments. To access the compartment, you first need to unscrew the magnetic base. This reveals a threaded cap which also needs to be unscrewed.

The included sheath fits the Slyde+, but because of its design, will virtually fit most flashlights out there of a size you wouldn't mind carrying around on a belt.

Pros:
- Nice fit and finish
- LED is good and offers nice clean light
- Magnetic base
- Built in work light with red light functions
- Many power levels

Cons:
- Some training needed to open work light away from face
- Power levels are hard to select as you will probably scroll past your desired level a few times

Conclusion:
I much like the Nebo Slyde+. I understand there the Slyde King fixed a few of the weaker points of this flashlight. Even so, I do still like this flashlight despite its weaker points. This would make a great vehicle companion light as the red light features are not only good at preserving night vision, but will also help in an emergency on the road.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Nebo Slyde+.
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 03:49:50 PM
This looks like it would fit in a car kit wonderfully. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 01:11:09 AM
looks like a lightsaber

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 02:30:58 AM
This looks like it would fit in a car kit wonderfully.

+1 Be a perfect light for that  :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD