Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Edict.....Pulled the Pocket Clip Much Better

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Gerber Edict.....Pulled the Pocket Clip Much Better
on: November 18, 2017, 06:43:30 PM
I have had an Edict for some time now and have carried off and on as the Mood struck...The Blade holds a decent edge gets reasonable chores for a lightweight folder down quickly and safely..I have always thought of it as a Lightweight Gator..Maybe because of the Feel and Construction. Only thing I have had any objection to was the Pocket Clip and the rather tiny fasteners used to secure it to the Frame. Today I drilled the tops off with them being pretty sketchy from re tightening took a bit of Sandpaper to that area where the base of the Clip sat and I am here to Report a big improvement in comfort. Not to worried about the lack of a Clip. I have found that with it's lightweight it rides nicely in the bottom of a Pocket where for the most part is where I carried it after getting frustrated with constantly having to re tighten the Clip...Overall I don't feel that this is really a "Tactical Knife" just a good user with "Tactical" Styling...I would have had no problems carrying this if I was still in Uniform though..Much Faster to handle quick and routine cutting chores than grabbing a heavy duty fixed blade or Multi Tool...I would love to see Gerber Offer this Knife without the Clip and a half way decent sheath with a variety of ways to attach it to One's Self..I think that I might see if I can snag an Order..It really reminds me of my Old EZ Out

Anyone else have good luck with these I guess Budget USA Tactical Knives from Gerber?

Dtrain
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Gerber Edict.....Pulled the Pocket Clip Much Better
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:13:45 PM
Got any pics?   :pok:   :cheers:

00 Offline Dtrain

Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 10:02:46 PM
Pics...Screw Heads were pretty much Shot so I knocked them Down with a Drill then smoothed the Area Up a Bit...Much more Comfortable and with the Knife being the Size and Weight that it is..In my Opinion Pocket Carry isn't much of an Issue..I have length of Shock Card about the Thickness of 550 as a Laynard when I forsee quick use being need I just Drape it over my front pocket
gerbernoclip.jpg
* gerbernoclip.jpg (Filesize: 86.35 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 10:52:47 AM
well i've heard and read many bad things about Gerber's budget folders, but I must be lucky because I've had luck with most of them throughout the years.
My favorites are still the classic small and large Gators with black rubber handles and lock back.
I have been pleased with my particular model of the (infamous) Mini Paraframe, the Gerber Obsidian I had for a while was good as well
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

00 Offline Dtrain

Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 02:05:58 PM
I feel the Same way about the Gators and the Paraframe. I have the Large One with a Serrated Clip Point Blade and No Issues. I have hit or miss luck with the 06' Fast's (Two of them had Problems with the Fast Part) Good Luck with the Icon Tantos...

Now to be Fair the Only Ones I would Really Push On if I had to would be the Gators. The Rest are Good Everyday Use Knifes

Dtrain

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69