Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

They are home

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
They are home
on: November 19, 2017, 04:12:15 AM
My wonderful Vic Champs came home from the Vic rework spa today..........WOW. They all look brand new. So without further blabberatin' on my part here they are along with my complete Vic collection. 1st the newest one I have is the Skipper. Just got it from the Bay of E. It came pretty cheap & I liked the looks........prolly gonna be a shelf queen. The seller of the Skipper threw in the classic signature...........not sure what to do with something that small, but I ordered 2 pen refills for it anyway. Next is the Swisstool. I spotted it on the Bay of E & it was going cheap so I decided to feed it & brought it home. Now down to the real meat & potatoes stuff. The red Champ with.the belt clip is my newest Champ. It is about 15 years old & it is the multitool I retired with. Next oldest is the black Champ. I bought it around 1986 or so & made lots of service calls in my refrigeration business using no other tools but it. That knife has a lot of service under its belt. Last is the red Champ with the leather sheath & steel. It is my oldest surviving Champ & is very close to the same age as my son Douglas. Maybe 4 or 5 years younger. Fluted corkscrew & all. Sadly I lost 2 or 3 other Champs along the way. I hope whoever found them gave them a really good home.
Just so everybody here knows............The absolute best tool ever conceived by the mind of man is the Victorinox Champ...............at least that is my story and I'm stickin' to it........ :climber: :hatsoff: :MTO:
photostudio_1511046196113.jpg
* photostudio_1511046196113.jpg (Filesize: 96.76 KB)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:14:34 AM by Butch »
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Online gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Re: They are home
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 04:39:23 AM
I bet it feels nice to have them back!  :mail:  :climber:  :like:  :cheers:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:45:13 AM
 :like:

You are not wrong there my friend, I was so lost without at least 1.

:tu:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 05:24:23 AM
I've never sent anything to VIC for spa service although I do have an oldie that I'd like tuned up.  I think after reading how your gems were treated I'll send mine in as well.  Glad to hear they are back home and you are happy. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 05:40:49 AM
I see you found a resizer.  They look great, glad to see them back where they belong.  Now don't leave them on the naughty step..  >:D
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 05:48:03 AM
Congratulations on a successful reunion.  :cheers:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 06:36:25 AM
 :like:

Love the zermatt leather case w/steel. Got the same one with a deluxe climber recently. Unfortunately it won't hold my champ xlt. But, I will be on the lookout for a gently used champ at some point for it. The climber doesn't fill the sheath at all.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 08:24:46 AM
There's one missing from your list :pok:

Care to be honest Butch?
Or are your toes still hurting from the fire pit? :whistle:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 11:01:51 AM
Are you sure that they aren't brand new? :whistle:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 11:02:44 AM

Care to be honest Butch?

If you are talking about the Chinese clone, I gave it away, but I do have 2 more but I'm waiting for a fair weather day to post them. They are kind of special...................hint WWP.......... :climber:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 11:04:00 AM

Care to be honest Butch?

If you are talking about the Chinese clone, I gave it away, but I do have 2 more but I'm waiting for a fair weather day to post them. They are kind of special...................hint WWP.......... :climber:
You gave someone a terrible SAK on purpose?  :ahhh :twak:

All hail the hook!

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 11:04:19 AM
Are you sure that they aren't brand new? :whistle:

Hummmmmmmm......... :twak:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 11:05:32 AM

All hail the hook!

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 11:07:15 AM
I've never sent anything to VIC for spa service although I do have an oldie that I'd like tuned up.  I think after reading how your gems were treated I'll send mine in as well.  Glad to hear they are back home and you are happy.

It wasn't completely free but the charges were more than fair. I am very happy about it. I think you would be also.
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 11:12:54 AM

It wasn't completely free but the charges were more than fair. I am very happy about it. I think you would be also.
Yeah, 5, 10, even 15, dollars in fees for a brand new Swisschamp sounds pretty good.  :whistle:

All hail the hook!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 01:29:06 PM

Care to be honest Butch?

maybe that person was EVIL
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 01:35:59 PM
dr-evil.jpg
* dr-evil.jpg (Filesize: 38.83 KB)

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 03:49:18 PM

Care to be honest Butch?

Unless I miss my guess...

NO COMMENT!!!
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 04:21:10 PM

Care to be honest Butch?

Unless I miss my guess...

NO COMMENT!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :facepalm:

SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 05:50:33 PM
My wonderful Vic Champs came home from the Vic rework spa today..........WOW. They all look brand new. 
Just so everybody here knows............The absolute best tool ever conceived by the mind of man is the Victorinox Champ that is my story and I'm stickin' to it........
Congratulations on getting your Vic Champs back!

I too am a fan of the Swiss Champ. I have carried one since they first came out.   :like: :tu: :tu: :cheers:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 05:56:12 PM
My wonderful Vic Champs came home from the Vic rework spa today..........WOW. They all look brand new. 
Just so everybody here knows............The absolute best tool ever conceived by the mind of man is the Victorinox Champ that is my story and I'm stickin' to it........
Congratulations on getting your Vic Champs back!

I too am a fan of the Swiss Champ. I have carried one since they first came out.   :like: :tu: :tu: :cheers:

:like: :tu:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 06:53:34 PM
 :like:  :salute:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%