Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Blast Lock Problem

Offline Ruffdrafter

• New User
Leatherman Blast Lock Problem
on: November 20, 2017, 02:49:34 AM
Hi,

Longtime lurker first time poster. Apologies if this post breaks any rules, I did try and check.
I took a look at my Blast yesterday and noticed that the lock on the file side was rattling loose, the culprit appearing to be the spring which doesn't meet the lever when open.
After a clean and some gentle prodding the tools will lock ~90% of the time but not always, and will disengage with noticeably less force than the other side.
My question is whether you fine folks think it is reasonable to send it for warranty?
I am picky and it definitely bothers me, especially as it doesn't seem to have happened through use, but everything else on the tool is fine.

Cheers
IMG_20171118_081230.jpg
* IMG_20171118_081230.jpg (Filesize: 64.36 KB)

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Leatherman Blast Lock Problem
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:14:08 AM
Welcome to the forum.
That should be covered under warranty.
If it was me I would contact leatherman.

Type "Leatherman 25-year Warranty" in your search window and click on it when it appears in the search.

It will take you to the Leatherman page that has the warranty form and also a phone number and address for Leatherman.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:15:30 AM by VICMAN »

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 05:22:58 AM
Welcome to  :MTO:
I don't know too much about these locks, but perhaps the springs can be adjusted somehow?

Offline Ruffdrafter

• New User
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 07:28:38 AM
Hi, thank you for the welcome and suggestions.
I have contacted the local distributor and they say to send it in, which I'm leaning towards doing, worst case I probably get it sent back.
I gave fixing the spring a go, but I think it might need to be taken apart to completely bend back and didn't want to void the warranty.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 12:42:17 PM
Have you tried tightening the pivot :think: That may not help at all as I am not really getting how it is acting ??? Hope you can get it sorted though :tu: and Welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

Offline Ruffdrafter

• New User
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 04:27:33 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have sent it away but I don't believe I have the tools required if that is the issue, hopefully they can sort it.

Cheers

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 05:12:02 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have sent it away but I don't believe I have the tools required if that is the issue, hopefully they can sort it.

Cheers

Blast is pretty much discontinued I think. They may send u a rebar as a replacement though.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 09:26:38 AM
As Sam pointed out, the Blast is discontinued, and they have been sending the Rebar as a replacement. If you have your heart set on the Blast's tool load out including scissors or the individual tool pulls or Zytel, you should let them know that it is "sentimental" and they will fix (if they can) instead of simply replacing it with a Rebar, which has none of those items mentioned.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%