Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wave mod for girl....

ua Offline krasutskyy

Wave mod for girl....
on: November 24, 2017, 11:28:08 AM
So friends! My GF's sister have some eco food store and she takes part in grocery fairs, there is always a need to disassemble and collect racks and counter, and also work with the product on the counter. I find the Wave as user-friendly as possible (due to the opening of the main tools), it was chosen as the basis. Manicure scissors have been replaced by scissors from Wingman. In one half were placed screwdrivers in another "opening tool" -for ease of search.
Details:
1. If you want to adapt Wingman scissors with a 4.75mm hole to any tool with a 5.75 hole and want to do it ideally with radius shutter and perpendiculars of all hole planes, do not even think that it can be done at home. Only an experienced milling machine operator with carbide mills will help you. Apparently the metal on the tool is hardened.
2. For full tool closing, it was necessary to remove the span-stop for pliers from one side, and on the other side to remove the blocking mechanism of the serrated knife (but there's now scissors).
IMG_20171122_225006137.jpg
* IMG_20171122_225006137.jpg (Filesize: 176.49 KB)
IMG_20171122_225239282.jpg
* IMG_20171122_225239282.jpg (Filesize: 169.98 KB)
IMG_20171122_225037065.jpg
* IMG_20171122_225037065.jpg (Filesize: 152.09 KB)
IMG_20171122_225354913.jpg
* IMG_20171122_225354913.jpg (Filesize: 202.18 KB)

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Wave mod for girl....
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 11:40:51 AM
Hi, welcome to  :MTO:  :cheers:

ua Offline krasutskyy

Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:30:24 PM

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 01:41:37 PM
Greetings.  Nice mod.   I hope she gets a lot of use from her custom Wave. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 02:38:35 PM
Nice job and welcome to the forum  !    :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 03:11:22 PM
Nice mod and welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

Offline 386greene

Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 08:50:20 PM
1. If you want to adapt Wingman scissors with a 4.75mm hole to any tool with a 5.75 hole and want to do it ideally with radius shutter and perpendiculars of all hole planes, do not even think that it can be done at home. Only an experienced milling machine operator with carbide mills will help you. Apparently the metal on the tool is hardened.

I tried drilling some out for my wave once.. lol
I was using the next size up from the existing hole when the bit caught and it shattered the scissors. The broken piece went flying, never to be seen again

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 09:25:44 PM
A Dremel and abrasive or diamond grinding bits make this kind of mod easy.  You don't need to be too precise with the pivot hole and there's little risk of breaking the scissors or the bit while doing it.  Takes longer than using a mill or drill, but is more controllable.

ua Offline krasutskyy

Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 10:57:01 AM
A Dremel and abrasive or diamond grinding bits make this kind of mod easy.  You don't need to be too precise with the pivot hole and there's little risk of breaking the scissors or the bit while doing it.  Takes longer than using a mill or drill, but is more controllable.
I'm sorry, but I do not agree with this statement regarding tools with liner-lock. Because it is very important that the tool is moving on the axis very precisely. Especially if we are talking about wingman scissors, because holes of spring and scissors have different diameters and during opening / closing, they perform complex movements in relation to one another.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 02:52:56 PM
While I applaud the work, and think it's great that you're making the tool she wants, I am seriously confused as to why you'd make these changes. The scissors on the Wave are flat out better than the ones on the Wingman. They are just better at cutting a wider range of materials quite well, and even with materials that both cut well, the Wave always cuts better.

I think people get caught up on the length of scissors, not how well they actually cut. I think, maybe the only advantage the Wingman has is the thumb pad to push the jaws closed is a little more comfortable.

Here's the thread where I tested all the scissors I could find.
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,36798.0.html

But again, having the tool you want is better. If your GF's sister is happier with the tool modded, then she's more likely to use it, value it, and spread the good word of awesomeness of multitools.

ua Offline krasutskyy

Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 09:30:15 PM
While I applaud the work, and think it's great that you're making the tool she wants, I am seriously confused as to why you'd make these changes. The scissors on the Wave are flat out better than the ones on the Wingman. They are just better at cutting a wider range of materials quite well, and even with materials that both cut well, the Wave always cuts better.

I think people get caught up on the length of scissors, not how well they actually cut. I think, maybe the only advantage the Wingman has is the thumb pad to push the jaws closed is a little more comfortable.

Here's the thread where I tested all the scissors I could find.
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,36798.0.html

But again, having the tool you want is better. If your GF's sister is happier with the tool modded, then she's more likely to use it, value it, and spread the good word of awesomeness of multitools.
Thank you for your post! You are absolutely right! Scissors in this multitool should be as versatile as possible and maybe they will have to cut a thin metal like a Cola bottle))

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%