Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

looking for info on 111mm SAK slidelock

gb Offline Cauldronborn

looking for info on 111mm SAK slidelock
on: November 27, 2017, 09:11:56 PM
Hi folks

I've been away from SAK's for a while but have recently regained an interest in them. While browsing youtube I came across this video  showing someone disabling the slide lock on a 111mm Hercules.

I haven't had much to do with the 111mm Vic SAK's as aren't legal to carry in the UK without a good reason (work ect) and the one I do have is a forester with a liner lock so I don't know if this still possible with the more recent models.Could anyone here tell me if this can still be done?

If it can, then I think I would be getting one or two models as I've found the more robust tools on my forester to be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Q

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Re: looking for info on 111mm SAK slidelock
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 09:14:42 PM
Yep slide locks can still be disabled like that.

They are now discontinued though in favor of the superior liner lock.  So if you buy a modern lock blade it will probably have the liner lock not slide.  If it has the plastic switch on the back like in the video you're good to go though.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 09:19:22 PM
Why would you want to disable a blade lock like that one?  It is still possible to unlock one handed.

And that video was awful. He did not show anything. The work was already done. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 11:38:16 PM
Thanks Syph007, that answers my question perfectly and given your reputation on the forum I know the info is first hand.

zrxoa1, I agree the video isn't the best but I can't find any better ones and as for wanting to disable the blade lock that has to do with UK law.

Under UK law lockblades are legal to own but not to carry in public without a good reason and as the knife otherwise meets the legal restrictions and would be a very simple mod it would be easy to get a heavy duty SAK.

Offline Jonas Stenmark

Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 02:24:44 AM
I've seen quite many old models on a German site called conrad. Could be worth checking out , main problem is that the pictures are generally 1-2. Maybe if they got different id's?

Found this on eBay https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302206680850

So I guess it's possible to find but it's hard to know if it's legit (I don't buy on eBay much)
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:37:58 AM by Jonas Stenmark »

us Offline Simyo

Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 05:55:28 AM
If you remove the liner lock liner the knife functions properly without it locking.  I did that to one of mine a few months ago and it is now my edc.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%