Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Things I hate in 'Bug Out Bags', or... How to Start an Argument

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
I've watched a lot of videos on bug out bags, get home bags, etc. There are things in those videos that make me super crazy. I thought I'd share. Much of this is just for fun. Any preparation is better than nothing, and i'm not trying to crush anyone's feelings here.

And please keep in mind, these comments are concerning '72 hour bags' or thereabouts. Some of the things I'm commenting on are perfectly legitimate in LONG-term kits (what some people call 'I'm Never Coming Home' or INCH bags)

#1 The CRKT Eat'n Tool.
Question: What's the best way to waste your valuable money in survival supplies? Answer: Buy a CRKT Eat'n Tool. Extra bonus, buy one in Titanium.
The weight difference between titanium and stainless steel are extremely negligible at this scale, Most of these stupid things have non polished bowls, so they look like a frickin breeding ground for bacteria, and worst of all, they completely SUCK as spoons, with that short, stupid handle. The extra functions don't make up for the complete suckness of its main function.
Better solution: A stainless steel spoon. Simple. It might cost you all of 10g of extra weight. They cost 25 CENTS at every Goodwill store and are essentially indestructable.

#2 Paracord.
I admit. I carry paracord. For now. It will be replaced soon. What with? Tarred bank line. When was the last time you honestly NEEDED 550lb strength cordage? And if it was 'to haul a car out of a ditch', then you should have had straps for that, not relying on a cordage that stretches. And '7 inner strands can be...' No. Shut up. If you KNOW you're likely to need lighter cordage, BRING lighter cordage. Dental floss, fishing line, silk thread, I don't care what, but something. If you're tearing apart your heavy cordage to get light cordage, you're wasting your time, and space in your pack, and being stupid.
Worse: Firecord. Hey, here's a great idea, let's put flamable crap in our cordage that we need to tear apart to get to! One MORE idiotic thing! Hey, why not just have fireproof stuff... I dunno... NOT in your frickin ROPE!
Better solution: Bank line and a lighter sewing weight/fishing line cord. Combined, they still weigh a LOT less than an equivalent length of paracord.

#3 Fixed blade knives for 'defense'. Okay. So... HOW much training do you have in knife fighting? Have you ever BEEN in a knife fight? Was it fun? Is it something you'd ever want to do again? No? Well, then maybe a swiss army knife with a saw is a better answer, and use it go cut yourself a 4 foot long stick.
Better solution: almost anything. Seriously. A f'ing sock with a rock in it is a better defensive tool. But a long stick would be my choice if avoidance was impossible.

#4 Fixed blade knives for 'batoning'. I wondered long and hard why anyone would ever need to baton. Okay, so you baton a piece of wood to get to the dry center to make firesticks in wet conditions. Great. No. Take something to kindle your fire WITH you. We're talking for a bag with a 3 or so day duration. NOT bushcraft. Shove that bushcraft mentailty up your...
Better solution. Bring more cotton balls dipped in parafin. They weigh less, and are a more certain solution.

#5 improvised shelter supplies.
Better solution: NOT improvised shelter. You know... like a f'ing tent. Maybe don't buy that $300 custom stupid f'ing KNIFE and buy an awesome ultralight TENT instead. And unless they're carrying a hammock, you should REALLY be carrying a ground pad. I personally prefer closed cell foam, just plain old sleeping pad, because there is nothing that can fail on it.

#6 Crank powered anything.
I have a crank powered radio, and have owned two crank powered flashlights. The flashlights were purchased for the purpose of putting in emergency bags, but I wanted to test them first. And... They suck.
I have a cheap one called 'The Charger' I got from a prepper supply company for $10 whose name sounds a bit like 'Emergency Essentials', or exactly like it, and I got an Energizer Weatheready. The Charger weighs 6oz, and the Weatheready 4oz. I can crank wither for about 3 minutes before it becomes extremely uncomfortable. The thing they don't tell you about these is that they are powered by rechargeable batteries, which lose charge over time. They will 'set' in a lower charge state and no longer accept charge if you don't recharge them with some frequency. So, they are not a 'stuff it in the pack and forget about it' solution. The phone charger on the Charger MIGHT work, but after 3 minutes of cranking, it did 0% change to the charge on my phone. What I've heard is half an hour will give you about 5%, but I'm not holding my breath. Regular old flashlights weigh less, including lots of spare batteries. You might have to swap the batteries out every few years, but... you'd have to jerk around with the crank lights anyway. Oh, and the light on the Charger, after not much use at all, is very flakey. Sometimes will, sometimes won't come on.And the Weatheready needs about a minute of cranking for 2 minutes of runtime.
Better solution: bring a little AAA light and spare batteries. An aluminum 2xAAA weighs 2oz with 2 alcaline cells. Each alcaline cell weighs 1/4 oz. Eneloop rechargeables weigh about .4 oz each. So you could bring the aforementioned 2xAAA light, and 8 spare batteries for the weight of the Weatheready, take up less space, and have a light that runs immediately, and a LONG time.
This is one of those times where I got gear, and tested it before cramming it in my bag and assuming it'd be fine.

#7 KniveS (hard stress on the plural)
The next parrot that screams 'Two is one, one is none' is getting it! Shut... the... F***... UP! I get the need for redundancy in gear. Carry a spare. DON'T carry seven. LITERALLY seven. You only got the two hands! What are you doing? Throwing them into lakes? I'd like to say that seven is the MOST knives I've seen in a bag.
better solution: NOT carrying SEVEN KNIVES!!!

#8 Life Boat Survival Bars
Look... I don't know how to tell you this. Those aren't magical elven Lembas bread. They're just basically sugar cookies. 'They don't provoke thirst'. So? That's because they're for LIFE BOATS... where drinkable water might be in short demand. 'They have your required calories...'. No. No they don't. They have MINIMUM SURVIVAL CALORIES FOR A SEDENTARY PERSON ON A LIFE BOAT, 1200 calories per day. 'They last five years'. So? So do Ramen noodles. Oh, and guess which one costs less to get/replace... and doesn't taste like total butt? I said TOTAL butt. I know some people aren't a fan of ramen.
Better solution: Ramen noodles. Or instant mashed potatoes. Instant oatmeal. About a jillion other things.

#9 Mirror for signaling
I'm all for having a small mirror. It's great if you take a thorn bush branch in the face, and need to see the damage. For signalling? I mean... you DO realize you're not a downed WWII pilot in the pacific... right? I'm not saying the'yre utterly worthless in the modern... no, you know what? I AM saying they're utterly worthless in the modern world, where there are literal tons of garbage making sparkly spots on the planet's surface.
Better Solution: Chem light? Smoke flare? Don't bother? I'd still have the mirror, just stop trying to sell it as a signalling device.

#10 Overdone First Aid
Trauma Kits, unless you know how to use them. 'Nuff Said. But related, tourniquets. suture kits. Fish anytibiotics. F'ing REALLY? You're going to dose yourself with fish antibiotics, not knowing what you have? Have fun with that.

As a fun bonus: Lynn's pronunciation and definition guide for BOBers.
Fresnel: pronounced 'fruh-NELL'. Augustin-Jean Fresnel. He's french, the s is silent and the stress on the second syllable. He invented a neat, thin lens.
Balaclava: A large scarf used to cover the face.
Baklava: a delicious dessert of middle eastern origin.
Pummel: To strike, usually with fists.
Pommel: the butt-end of a knife.
Use: to take, hold or deploy something as a means of achieving a result. to employ.
Utilize: To use something for a function other than it's intended purpose.
   Example: You USE a spoon to eat soup. You UTILIZE a spoon to dig a cat hole.

"I wrapped the birchbark fibers in my baklava, and beat them with the pummel of my knife, to utilise them in fire-making, which I accomplished with my FREZ-nul lens." - Every prepper on youtube.

Hope you all enjoy. :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:25:19 PM by Lynn LeFey »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Things I hate in 'Bug Out Bags', or... How to Start an Argument
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 07:42:17 PM
I like your insights Lynn!
You and I should get along just fine 8)

gb Offline 5hif7y

• tooled up
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:13:17 PM
i luv everything about this post. Its all so true.  :like: :like: :like:
-----5hif7y-----

no Offline Grathr

Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 08:32:26 PM
*sticks head into wasps nest*

1. But I like my titanium forkoon...  :D (long handeled)
 mostly because it has a carabiner at the end so I can clip it to a branch, pocket or something while cooking etc so it wont have to lay on the ground.

2. Bank line is great.

3. :tu:

4. Surrounded by boreal forrests, so a knife that can baton in a pinch is nice. A $12 Mora will do that. A small hatchet to accompany the knife is ideal here (especiall during winter.) Tampons are excellent plastic wrapped kindling. And birch bark is fantastic.

5. A light weight tarp is more versitale and is lighter than any ultralight tent. But a pop up tent sure is quick and easy to set up, and will protect you from the elements on all sides.  I totally agree about the ground pad, even with a hammock. Your butt sure gets cold quick in a hammock if its chilly outside.

6. Agree. Bring batteries.
I have a folding solar panel that I use when camping. It works great with a powerpack to charge my phone.

7. 2 is plenty.

8. That reminds me, I think I have some russian lifeboat bars in a drawer somewhere. Must try them sometime. :D

9. I dont agree. A signalling mirror can be quite effective for getting someones attention. Someting that continously blinks at you even after you have moved isnt some random piece of garbage.

10. Mmmm... fish antibiotics. :D

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:33:50 PM by Grathr »
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 08:42:37 PM
I think I just wet myself I was laughing so hard, nice one Lynn  :salute:

Oh and you're right  :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 01:07:27 AM
Entertaining and on the money!  :D

Why does everything have to have a carabiner on it these days? I imagine people walking around with all sorts of crap hanging off them like a Christmas Tree, jingling like Santa.
Temporarily hooking to things I understand, but clipping stuff to the outside of your bag? Just put it in the bag.

us Offline redmond

Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 03:11:33 AM
One of the best BoB posts ever!
Greg
LM: PST II, Crunch (x2), Squirt, Micra, Skeletool, Rebar, Wave
SAK: Executive, Classic, Compact, Farmer, Fieldmaster, Huntsman, Explorer, SwissChamp, Climber, Camper, Pioneer, Pioneer X, Money Clip, Minichamp, Cadet, Super Tinker, Bijou, Excelsior, Swisstool, Wenger SGT Shortix  Plus, Traveler, Evo S18
 Gerber: Mr. Pinchy, MP600

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 03:26:55 AM

Why does everything have to have a carabiner on it these days? I imagine people walking around with all sorts of crap hanging off them like a Christmas Tree, jingling like Santa.
Temporarily hooking to things I understand, but clipping stuff to the outside of your bag? Just put it in the bag.

I'm sure you've heard of the 'gray man' concept? The carabiners are for the 'Jangly Man' concept. Like bear bells. Sure... that's it. :D

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 03:30:22 AM
Lynn,
You forgot the video intro where the video 'maker' is wearing a bullet proof vest firing a semi-automatic assault rifle for no apparent reason, aside from, thinking it looks cool.  :rofl:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 03:37:32 AM
Lynn,
You forgot the video intro where the video 'maker' is wearing a bullet proof vest firing a semi-automatic assault rifle for no apparent reason, aside from, thinking it looks cool.  :rofl:

Oh, no... I didn't forget... Just figured I'd do 10 items on the first list. The 'bringing enough firepower for a war' is probably it's own whole topic. But i DO notice that a lot of videos will even have gun stuff sitting in frame while talking about anything... toilet paper, even. I guess this is because they want to draw in 'action junkies'. There's a really GOOD youtube channel, Prepper Princess, who does great stuff, particularly on the topic of thrifty living to save for preparedness stuff, and I swear, as a tongue in cheek thing, she has a short intro that's just her racking a shotgun.

And completely on that topic...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKV9qqzuRY

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 03:48:18 AM
Yes. Yes. Yes.  100% agreed.  I will add that it is best to avoid almost every product with the word survival in the name because survival products are all a compromise that does not need to be made.

If you're building a kit in advance of a set of foreseeable circumstances so that you are preparing for those specific circumstances why would you handicap yourself with a product that is intended from the very start as a substitute for the real thing?  Why not just start out with the real thing?  Lynn already pointed out that a stainless steel spoon for 25 cents is better than an eat'n tool when it comes to actually eating.  What about the "survival knife" or the "survival rifle?"

If you really thought you were going to need to hunt for food why would you pack a so called "survival rifle?" Why wouldn't you improve your chance at success by bringing a proper rifle with better ergonomics and better sights?  :twak:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 04:08:06 AM
gun stuff sitting in frame

That's better than having the host sitting on a log, with his crotch in shot.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 04:16:57 AM
If you're building a kit in advance of a set of foreseeable circumstances so that you are preparing for those specific circumstances why would you handicap yourself with a product that is intended from the very start as a substitute for the real thing?

Exactly. I think we ALL understand that multitools are a compromise, where you lose some function for the benefit of space/weight saving. But some designs ought to just be the best version of, particularly when your life might be on the line.

As for Survival Rifles. Here I'm talking specifically about the M5 and AR-7 survival rifles, those were made for air crews, where you had VERY limited space. I still think the AR-7 is not a bad choice for light weight, inexpensive gun for small game. But they ARE a compromise.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 04:50:33 AM
gun stuff sitting in frame

That's better than having the host sitting on a log, with his crotch in shot.
:rofl:

Lynn,

Oh, no... I didn't forget... Just figured I'd do 10 items on the first list. The 'bringing enough firepower for a war' is probably it's own whole topic. But i DO notice that a lot of videos will even have gun stuff sitting in frame while talking about anything... toilet paper, even. I guess this is because they want to draw in 'action junkies'. There's a really GOOD youtube channel, Prepper Princess, who does great stuff, particularly on the topic of thrifty living to save for preparedness stuff, and I swear, as a tongue in cheek thing, she has a short intro that's just her racking a shotgun.

And completely on that topic...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvKV9qqzuRY
Thank you! I have not laughed much lately..until this evening. :like:

I stopped watching most vids about MTs/knives/flashlights, because of the hyper-macho stuff and serious lack of mechanical/physics understanding.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ca Offline GuacamoleBay

Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 05:16:46 AM
Lynn,

But obviously in an emergency you want to look as tacticool as possible because what are the chances police or other emergency services would mistake you for a threat! They'll obviously recognize that you know what you're doing because you have a YouTube channel so they'll step aside and let you take control of the situation!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 05:23:47 AM
Lynn,

But obviously in an emergency you want to look as tacticool as possible because what are the chances police or other emergency services would mistake you for a threat! They'll obviously recognize that you know what you're doing because you have a YouTube channel so they'll step aside and let you take control of the situation!

Stand back! I'm from YOUTUBE! (trumpet fanfare)  :rofl:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 05:40:15 AM
Well....I'll argue.  :twak:

1. Spork. Sporks rule. Chopsticks are a close second. YMMV. Plastic utensils....not so good. Been there, broken that.

2. Bank Line. I love it. It sucks. Bank line makes everything it touches dirty and....well...tarred. Yes, it holds a nice knot. Yes, it's strong-ish. Yes, it's sort of light. But, it's messy. And Paracord just rocks. For so many reasons. Suck it up and carry some paracord.

3. Fixed blade. My BOB has a Fred Perrin Bowie in it. Right now, ready to go. Why? Because it's a great utility knife. And a fixed blade knife does not start out life 'broken'. And it is very light. Fixies just work and work and work. I have mine mostly for food prep, but, yeah, It'll baton wood or fend off trouble if needed. Remember, knives started as fixed blades. These newfangled folders are neat and all, but when the chips are down, think full-tang. And don't think an assailant will be deterred by your SAK.

4. Tarp. Tarps are more versatile than tents. They are lighter than tents. And, when being housed in a community shelter, can be used to create some private space. Carry a tarp, learn to use it.

5. FAK.  Any FAK is better than no FAK. Yes, a 10# FAK may be a bit of a hindrance, but it can be pared down if need be. Yes, it's possible to get by with a really minimal FAK....but you are counting on others then to assist you. Good luck with that in a crisis. Take a first aid course, EMT course, or first responder course and build a FAK you can use. I have FAK's stashed everywhere from my house, to my truck, to my briefcase, to my pack, to my shop bag, to....everywhere. Don't be that guy (girl) who doesn't know how to care for him- or herself. And, yes, I carry a tourniquet in most (not all) of my FAK's. #bleedingtodeathisstupid  Antibitotics....get an Rx from your Doc. This is a good idea for travel. Be sure you know when and why to take them.

6. Mirror. I like a mirror. Having taken military survival courses, I know the potential of a good mirror. My BOB has a small mirror. It is very light and takes up no room. And it's still very effective. THere are other good methods of signaling, but a mirror is fantastic. I've actually deployed to a combat zone and had to carry items to help get rescued. A mirror was one of those items. Don't like to carry the extra 1/2 Oz.? Fine, good luck when that chem light dies. And smoke flare? Really? Please post a picture of your smoke flare and list it's weight.

7. Fresnel lens. Well, I have old eyes and I like having a magnifier with me. I keep one in my wallet. And, with a bit of sun, they can be used to start a fire. Man's best friend.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 05:58:10 AM
Great thread, Lynn. Gotta say I agree with most of your thoughts here.

And on the topic of rifles, I'd probably bring my Marlin Model 25, just because it's easy to pack ammo for a .22 and I know I can shoot well with it.

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 08:04:42 AM
 :tu:

:rofl:

INCH bags.......never heard or seen that term before, but that's what I was putting together when I was so far down the rabbit hole.

hr Offline styx

Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 10:04:39 AM
Lynn you got me laughing. Only point I would not agree a 100% is the paracord one. And this isn't paracord, but any heavier cord. Some shelters do require a bit stronger cordage than bank line (a lot of UL shelters). But they don't require a 100 feet of it or it to be as strong as 550.
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 10:13:02 AM
I hate sporks! They don't work well as forks and don't work at all as spoons. Just get either Yugoslavian (Slovenian and Croatian armies still use the same one) or German army cutlery set. And the knife can be somewhat sharpened so it actually functions as a knife...  :D :D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 10:47:25 AM

You forgot, they also wear camo... for stealth!
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 10:49:34 AM
#3 Fixed blade knives for 'defense'. Okay. So... HOW much training do you have in knife fighting? Have you ever BEEN in a knife fight? Was it fun? Is it something you'd ever want to do again? No? Well, then maybe a swiss army knife with a saw is a better answer, and use it go cut yourself a 4 foot long stick.
Better solution: almost anything. Seriously. A f'ing sock with a rock in it is a better defensive tool. But a long stick would be my choice if avoidance was impossible.
I kinda like my fixed blades for defense... and yeah come at me with your stick :D
Longsword_01.jpg
* Longsword_01.jpg (Filesize: 48.6 KB)
Longsword_02.jpg
* Longsword_02.jpg (Filesize: 83.17 KB)

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 11:11:36 AM
I hate sporks! They don't work well as forks and don't work at all as spoons. Just get either Yugoslavian (Slovenian and Croatian armies still use the same one) or German army cutlery set. And the knife can be somewhat sharpened so it actually functions as a knife...  :D :D
I second that... don't like sporks. I like the NexTool

Although, in a 72h bag I probably would not have cutlery at all... I mean what for?
nextool_02.jpg
* nextool_02.jpg (Filesize: 126.85 KB)

ca Offline GuacamoleBay

Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 11:13:30 AM
Lynn,

Stand back! I'm from YOUTUBE! (trumpet fanfare)  :rofl:

immediately gets tazed and falls to the floor unconscious

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 11:25:59 AM
And don't get me started on bottoning  :rant: endless YouTube videos of people breaking cheap non full tang moras and bitching when they break  :rant: smurfs use a smurfing hatchet or collect smaller wood ,or use a more expensive full tang if you want to Batton the smurf out of it ,but I guess it's too expensive and pretty  ;)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 11:46:26 AM
And don't get me started on bottoning  :rant: endless YouTube videos of people breaking cheap non full tang moras and bitching when they break  :rant: smurfs use a smurfing hatchet or collect smaller wood ,or use a more expensive full tang if you want to Batton the smurf out of it ,but I guess it's too expensive and pretty  ;)
Bingo!
 You can baton with a morakniv and I do sometimes, just not a 6 inch log. Great for fine stuff. 
Nate

SEND IT!

england Offline Kev D

Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 11:48:17 AM
I'll just leave these here  :whistle:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 11:48:46 AM
Thank you Lynn LeFey!

Or should we call you...the Andy Rooney of "survival prepping!"

That was good stuff, cheap.

For my part, I'm guilty of carrying too much when I hike. An LM on my belt and a SAK in my pocket, but then I have another of each in my daily carried backpack, along with cord, water, snacks.etc.

Nice post.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 12:25:24 PM
#8 Life Boat Survival Bars
Look... I don't know how to tell you this. Those aren't magical elven Lembas bread. They're just basically sugar cookies. 'They don't provoke thirst'. So? That's because they're for LIFE BOATS... where drinkable water might be in short demand. 'They have your required calories...'. No. No they don't. They have MINIMUM SURVIVAL CALORIES FOR A SEDENTARY PERSON ON A LIFE BOAT, 1200 calories per day. 'They last five years'. So? So do Ramen noodles. Oh, and guess which one costs less to get/replace... and doesn't taste like total butt? I said TOTAL butt. I know some people aren't a fan of ramen.
Better solution: Ramen noodles. Or instant mashed potatoes. Instant oatmeal. About a jillion other things.
I disagree... calories are not the issue, not in 72h. You can go 72h without eating. Energy is though, if you want to stay active (activating those fat deposits around the belly takes some time and is slow). So, a couple of power-bar or power-gel will be a great help.

Better solution: A jar of honey... you know its sweet, tasty, natural and lasts forever

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%