Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox I.N.O.X. Mechanical 2824 calibre

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Victorinox I.N.O.X. Mechanical 2824 calibre
on: March 25, 2018, 03:40:35 PM
Launched at Basel 2018 is the affordable tool watch that myself and other have been waiting for. An automatic I.N.O.X.

Brief paragraph on it in this article HERE

PS my personal favourite of the show this year is the 1948 Seamaster
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Victorinox I.N.O.X. Mechanical 2824 calibre
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 03:49:30 PM
"Victorinox has owned the affordable indestructible watch sector since it launched the Inox in 2015"  according to GQ, obviously written by someone born in 2015 who has never heard of G-shock.

If they manage to sell it for around $500 (about double what the current cheaper INOX goes for on Jamashop)  it will be a hit, though it will be a lot less tough with the ETA automatic movement
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline twiliter

• motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 01:34:46 AM
Would be nice to see a titanium version of the automatic. I wonder how the 2824 would hold up (or has already) to the 130 tests with the 3 story drop. Would be nice to see a certified Vic also, but doubt we'll see that in the I.N.O.X. line.

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 10:33:06 PM
I am totally looking forward to seeing this one in person.  I have an AirBoss Mechanical and I love it. 

On a related note, does anyone know if Victorinox builds their own watches, or are they contract-built by another Swiss company?

Myron

us Offline twiliter

Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 05:13:51 AM
I am totally looking forward to seeing this one in person.  I have an AirBoss Mechanical and I love it. 

On a related note, does anyone know if Victorinox builds their own watches, or are they contract-built by another Swiss company?

Myron

As I understand it, Vic has a watch factory in Porrentruy, Jura, and do in fact manufacture their own watches.  :tu:

They outsource the movements from other Swiss companies, and some of the bands from elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:15:01 AM by twiliter »

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 02:24:45 AM

Myron

As I understand it, Vic has a watch factory in Porrentruy, Jura, and do in fact manufacture their own watches.  :tu:

They outsource the movements from other Swiss companies, and some of the bands from elsewhere.

If they made their own movements in-house, they'd be come a "manufacture" and the prices on the mechanical watches would be what most would consider stratospheric. The 25j ETA 2824-2 automatic movement is made in Switzerland by ETA, part of the Swatch Group that also owns Hamilton, Tissot, Rado, Longines, and Omega, to name a few of the dozen and a half brands spanning the entire spectrum of prices. It's a highly respected mid-tier workhorse. The 2824-2, 2836-2 and 2834-2 are variants of the same basic movement with different day/date complications. Date only would be a 2824-2. I'd have to look at the quartz by each model to determine who's making the movements.

If the watch says "Swiss Made" on it, under Swiss law the movement inside is going to be a real "Swiss Made" one.

John
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 02:26:23 AM by jalind »
John

us Offline twiliter

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 06:09:08 PM
Now available from Vic, anyone getting one?

https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Products/Watches/I-N-O-X-Mechanical/collection/tp-collection/timepieces_collection_WAT-C2627

I need to see it in person.  I have a feeling I'll find it too big and bulky, but they are definitely nice looking in pictures. 

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 09:24:28 AM
If I had the mechanical and had to rely on the 130 tests I might be feeling I should've worn my G-Shock though.

Nice to see the movement being offered but not wowed by this yet. But Ti might change that ....
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

us Offline twiliter

Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 01:01:21 AM
I hope they offer a titanium version one of these years...  :popcorn:

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 12:06:17 PM

That would be very nice. But also expensive, I think the stainless steel ones are already $800 or so?
I like the brown strap. Made from some type of wood I believe.
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 10:18:58 PM

That would be very nice. But also expensive, I think the stainless steel ones are already $800 or so?

Yes I read about that, pretty nice. I would probably have to put a paracord strap on it, I've grown used to mine. Which adds another $100+ to the price.  :dunno:

I hope they make one, but I'm not holding my breath.  ;)

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 10:50:48 PM

Yes, I read about that, pretty nice. I would probably have to put a paracord strap on it, I've grown used to mine. Which adds another $100+ to the price.  :dunno:

Email them and ask them. That's what happened with the mechanical movement :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline gregpost

Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 09:19:54 PM
Where's the matching Alox knife of the exact same color?

us Offline twiliter

Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 03:35:11 PM

Yes, I read about that, pretty nice. I would probably have to put a paracord strap on it, I've grown used to mine. Which adds another $100+ to the price.  :dunno:

Email them and ask them. That's what happened with the mechanical movement :tu:

A mod would probably be faster, get a mechanical one and put the guts in my titanium case.  :tu:

Way too expensive.  :ahhh

:facepalm:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 05:10:21 PM
"Victorinox has owned the affordable indestructible watch sector since it launched the Inox in 2015"  according to GQ, obviously written by someone born in 2015 who has never heard of G-shock.

If they manage to sell it for around $500 (about double what the current cheaper INOX goes for on Jamashop)  it will be a hit, though it will be a lot less tough with the ETA automatic movement
Late to the party :D

From the perspective of GQ G-shock don't exist as they look like kids-watches and lack class (sorry to be blunt but it is kinda true).
However, I find it kinda sad that chunky == indestructible. Titanium body (around for almost 50 years) and sapphire glass (90+ years) are not exactly new in the watch industry.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 08:14:32 PM

From the perspective of GQ G-shock don't exist as they look like kids-watches and lack class (sorry to be blunt but it is kinda true).
However, I find it kinda sad that chunky == indestructible. Titanium body (around for almost 50 years) and sapphire glass (90+ years) are not exactly new in the watch industry.

Then there's the INOX Carbon, which looks more like a G Shock, and is actually slightly heavier than the titanium model.  :dunno:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 08:47:19 PM

Then there's the INOX Carbon, which looks more like a G Shock, and is actually slightly heavier than the titanium model.  :dunno:
Who knows what goes on in the minds of "Fashionistas" :dunno:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%