Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Strange watch pricing

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Strange watch pricing
on: February 14, 2019, 07:24:45 PM
Ok something I’ve never thought about is the cost or value of issued military watches. I’ve got two of them, a CWC (Cabot Watch Company) GS (General Service) watch that was issued to me in 1996.

And one that was issued to a friend of mine who sadly passed away a few years ago and his family gave me his watch. This is the Pulsar GS G10

Now I’ve not given any thought to the cost of these because the sentimental values alone is enough, but I was doing a bit of reading for a piece I’ve been writing and this quite shocked me. The Pulsar was selling for around £45 a few years ago, it is after all nothing that special, it’s just a watch. Then some young whipper snapper started rocking one and the price shot up. I say that with the greatest respect as he is now the Captain -General of my old mob. :salute:

Anyway the Prince Harry Pulsar as it’s now known sells for £155 and up. Very odd indeed for what was at the time a very common timepiece.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:33:22 PM by Smashie »
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Strange watch pricing
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 09:22:12 PM
Celebrity endorsement (even accidental) can drive up a brand’s status and individual product values enormously. I’d pick the CWC over the Pulsar any day...Seiko’s 2nd tier brand.  :salute:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%